UnevenEdge

Food Wars S3 Replaces Ass Class on Feb 27

PokeNirvash

26 minutes ago, elfie said:

Why.

... fuckin...

.... we're in the middle of an arc. ITS THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW! IT ISN'T EVEN A DUB PREMIERE, THE SHOW IS 5 YEARS OLD!!! WHY THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY CAN JUST TREAT ANY SHOW AS REPLACEMENT SCRAP METAL!???

You... do know that Assassination Classroom took a break after episode 22 in Japan too, right?

God, Elfie, every time I think you've peaked in stupidity, you defy my expectations. It's like you're acting moronic on purpose at this point.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

You... do know that Assassination Classroom took a break after episode 22 in Japan too, right?

God, Elfie, every time I think you've peaked in stupidity, you defy my expectations. It's like you're acting moronic on purpose at this point.

In elfie's defense, there was a break between season 1 and 2 of Food Wars in Japan as well and it didn't stop Toonami from airing both of them back to back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Japan's broadcast schedule has nothing to do at all with Toonami's. This show is 5 years old. The dub has existed and has been widely available since shortly after that time. Revise your argument.

Edited by elfie

I look forward to seeing more 'Food Wars' . 

As both 'Assassination Classroom' and 'Food Wars' have both finished their mangas and both are on my list of mangas to potentially collect, being able to watch them in this particular manner gives me more time to consider which one to potentially start collecting first [ or better, allows one or the other to be re-released as omnibus forms ] . 

Plus, I've been craving cooking anime for some stupid reason. Probably because I microwave shit so much. :D 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, elfie said:

Japan's broadcast schedule has nothing to do at all with Toonami's. This show is 5 years old. The dub has existed and has been widely available since shortly after that time. Revise your argument.

It can complicate things when the two seasons are under different contracts.

I do believe Assassination Classroom will finish the current arc before it takes a break.

• Like 2

Wooooooo. A bit bummed that we're not getting the other half of AssClass right away, but it's good to know that we will in the future.

Also it's not hard to figure out why Toonami aired the first two seasons of Food Wars back-to-back but is giving AssClass a break in-between. Sentai had just announced the license for season 3 right around when the block started airing it, so it'd be good promotion for their release of the next part. I don't remember if they'd released season 3 by the time that season 2's run finished, but I think it was pretty close, and they may not have had the broadcast rights worked out at the time. In contrast, AssClass is a pretty deep catalog title for FUNi at this point, so there's not really anything that'd be promoted by continuing on with it immediately.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, elfie said:

Why.

... fuckin...

.... we're in the middle of an arc. ITS THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW! IT ISN'T EVEN A DUB PREMIERE, THE SHOW IS 5 YEARS OLD!!! WHY THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY CAN JUST TREAT ANY SHOW AS REPLACEMENT SCRAP METAL!???

Season 1 ends next week. It won't be the middle of the arc when it goes on hiatus, you fucking dingbat.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, elfie said:

What anime committee decides to divide the show into seasons midway through an arc!?

The virus sucks!

A lot of committees do exactly that but that is not the case here. Episode 23 when it resumes is technically still during their trip but they wrap up the situation they are currently facing by the end of episode 22.

9 hours ago, elfie said:

What anime committee decides to divide the show into seasons midway through an arc!?

The correct answer is Tokyo Ghoul's production committee. Split the Aogiri Raid arc in two between the end of season 1 and the start of Root A, just so they could end the former with Kaneki going off the deep end.

58 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

The correct answer is Tokyo Ghoul's production committee. Split the Aogiri Raid arc in two between the end of season 1 and the start of Root A, just so they could end the former with Kaneki going off the deep end.

You know I had no idea the end of S1 wasn't supposed to be a full arc. I just thought it had a tragic end. As a result i didn't even bother following Root A.

On 2/10/2021 at 3:12 PM, 3ngag3 said:

Should have dumped Food Wars between Fire Force and Black Clover and moved Gridman up behind AoT.

Edit: Also, if anyone is curious, DeMarco says that S2 of AssClass WILL be on the block at some point.

Ah good. Glad to know he said they do plan on airing S2 even if they're not going straight into it.

It was most likely a matter of time, some exclusivity window had to end. I suspect that happened with Gridman and is what is currently keeping Mob season 2 out of reach for now (if it's two years, then it's almost time).

I'm bracing myself for the high likelihood that Food Wars season 4 and 5 will not immediately follow season 3 (which is probably good for variety sake) but I'm hopeful that both will be able to air before the end of 2022.

Why the hell is Demarco changing Assassination Classroom out to bring Food Wars back?  I'm not super invested in either show, but at least in Assassination Classroom, the characters are in actual mortal danger.  The fan service aspect of Food Wars was extremely overblown.  It is basically just Yugioh with food.  I can't see anything too earth shattering happening in it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sketch said:

It was most likely a matter of time, some exclusivity window had to end. I suspect that happened with Gridman and is what is currently keeping Mob season 2 out of reach for now (if it's two years, then it's almost time).

I'm bracing myself for the high likelihood that Food Wars season 4 and 5 will not immediately follow season 3 (which is probably good for variety sake) but I'm hopeful that both will be able to air before the end of 2022.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/mob-psycho-100-season-2-toonami-release-problems-adult-swim/

Demarco described getting Mob 2 as a "white whale," so I wouldn't get my hopes up any time soon.

I don't know they are even bringing it back now.  They should finish Assassination Classroom off in one go since there is nothing stopping them.  And I don't know if I would be more or less annoyed by the rest of Food Wars coming back later instead of getting it over with in one shot.  I mean, was anyone really clamoring for Food Wars to come back?

On 2/14/2021 at 1:13 AM, ben0119 said:

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/mob-psycho-100-season-2-toonami-release-problems-adult-swim/

Demarco described getting Mob 2 as a "white whale," so I wouldn't get my hopes up any time soon.

I don't know they are even bringing it back now.  They should finish Assassination Classroom off in one go since there is nothing stopping them.  And I don't know if I would be more or less annoyed by the rest of Food Wars coming back later instead of getting it over with in one shot.  I mean, was anyone really clamoring for Food Wars to come back?

Oh you know Toonami... they probably didn't realize they only got half of Ass Class at the time but had sorted out things for Food Wars recently enough that they could slip it in.

For all we know, Food Wars was supposed to replace SAO but when they realized Ass Class was also going to go on a break they hastily brought back Black Clover (which is still under contract). Though if that were the case I would think they would have waited the extra two weeks and brought back Black Clover to replace Ass Class instead of having it replace SAO. I guess we'll never know and it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

I figure the contract to stream the dub on FUNimation's site keeps it exclusive for 2 years or the contract is so convoluted that they won't be able to get it until the Crunchyroll sale to FUNimation is fully approved. I'm leaning toward that 2 year time window because Mob season 2 isn't even streaming on HBO Max yet, though the dub is streaming on Crunchyroll and it started out exclusive to FUNimation so that might not mean anything really. At any rate I have waited nearly 2 years now. I'm not giving up just yet.

On 2/16/2021 at 4:37 AM, Sketch said:

Oh you know Toonami... they probably didn't realize they only got half of Ass Class at the time but had sorted out things for Food Wars recently enough that they could slip it in.

For all we know, Food Wars was supposed to replace SAO but when they realized Ass Class was also going to go on a break they hastily brought back Black Clover (which is still under contract). Though if that were the case I would think they would have waited the extra two weeks and brought back Black Clover to replace Ass Class instead of having it replace SAO. I guess we'll never know and it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

I figure the contract to stream the dub on FUNimation's site keeps it exclusive for 2 years or the contract is so convoluted that they won't be able to get it until the Crunchyroll sale to FUNimation is fully approved. I'm leaning toward that 2 year time window because Mob season 2 isn't even streaming on HBO Max yet, though the dub is streaming on Crunchyroll and it started out exclusive to FUNimation so that might not mean anything really. At any rate I have waited nearly 2 years now. I'm not giving up just yet.

Don't tell me they goofed again. -_-

Yeah I don't know and wouldn't have any idea about any of that.  Stopping the show mid-way and bringing back another show to replace it is just an odd move period.  We've also heard Demarco say a show doesn't have to end (or go on hiatus, in this case) to add other shows.  Of course I don't think Food Wars is a big enough deal (if that's a requirement,) to add a slot anyway.

Oh, you were talking about Mob here.  It sure would be nice to know what the issue is.  If you think there is some sort of 2 year limit to it then I guess we might find out soon if that is correct.