UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia BY GAWD NEW EPISODE #87 (424) DISCUSSION!!!!!

30 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

#86 almost made me quit the show. Last two episodes better not have anything close to the sub-excrement that was this "Let me teach you what music is YAY" nonsense.

Oh no, your cartoon show has an emotional element to it that isn't just Saturday Night Smackdown. However will you recover?

• Haha 4

I’m just gonna post random superhero story covers in the hopes MHA does a take on them.  Acts of Vengeance was a fun one, it had all the villains banded together to fight heroes they didn’t normally fight.  Problem was the villains didn’t get along.

image.thumb.jpeg.50645801bb50de78db232125e027c0de.jpeg

“Oh right, having the Holocaust survivor in close proximity to a Nazi couldn’t possibly end badly...”

I think at this point the reruns have made us all ready to move past the school festival.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, mochi said:

there's an unfortunate amount of racist posts about her skin color and voice actor on twitter

Of course you'd bring that up...

I mean, there's nothing wrong with Miruko having a black VA. But on the other hand, FUNi does realize they don't have to give every dark-skinned character a dark-skinned VA, especially if they're more brown than black like Miruko is, right?

52 minutes ago, mochi said:

there's an unfortunate amount of racist posts about her skin color and voice actor on twitter

All I have seen is the good side I guess. The only race backlash I've even seen on any character for this show was Ken having a pale wife. Really surprised that 4chan is being more tolerant than twitter if that is the case. 

Ken_Takagi's_wife_and_son.png

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I mean, there's nothing wrong with Miruko having a black VA. But on the other hand, FUNi does realize they don't have to give every dark-skinned character a dark-skinned VA, especially if they're more brown than black like Miruko is, right?

I don't mean to sound rude but they're probably doing it because they're trying to cover up the fact that they had only white VA's for their entire history until just last year

and them only hiring white voice actors doesn't really meld with the "woke" persona they've adopted

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

the backlash i've heard is that white people are upset that the black character doesn't speak  with an AAVE accent like they expected. =_=

is anyone actually complaining about the VA's skin tone?

• D'oh 1

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

I don't mean to sound rude but they're probably doing it because they're trying to cover up the fact that they had only white VA's for their entire history until just last year

and them only hiring white voice actors doesn't really meld with the "woke" persona they've adopted

Actually I think it WOULD help. They ARE doing the right thing of casting characters this way!

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

Actually I think it WOULD help. They ARE doing the right thing of casting characters this way!

it's a good step....but much like the Gamegrumps' BLM post only abandoning racism when it becomes a black mark on your public image doesn't carry a lot of sincerity, so they gotta really commit to it down the line and I hope they do

• D'oh 1