UnevenEdge

Crunchyroll reveals first batch of “Crunchyroll Originals”

Jman

In/Spectre's already airing so I don't think it counts as a "coming soon".

Also, I literally just remembered that it was God of High School that I read the first chapter of on Webtoon a ways back. I wonder if that promotional cow-girl ever showed up...

Maybe now we'll get some actual plot and footage for HGS instead of more behind-the-scenes "muh diversity" videos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jman said:

The big news is the first mined property from Webtoon, The God of High School.

Also, HGS lives, but if you announced THE GOD OF HIGH SCHOOL first people would probably be a lot more forgiving.

Um.

Hollywood already announced they're making another webtoon into a series with the Jim Henson Company. That was several months ago.

28 minutes ago, elfie said:

Um.

Hollywood already announced they're making another webtoon into a series with the Jim Henson Company. That was several months ago.

I meant first mined as part of a deal they penned a few months ago.

3 hours ago, Fortnite Guy Keanu Reeves said:

The only thing I'm concerned about is how diverse they'll all be, and how diverse the creative teams will be. Cause fuck quality storytelling, it means nothing unless 50% of the whole cast are female, gay, or a person of color.

Do not ever watch Glitch Techs then.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jman said:

The big news is the first mined property from Webtoon, The God of High School.

Also, HGS lives, but if you announced THE GOD OF HIGH SCHOOL first people would probably be a lot more forgiving.

HGS is kinda the only noteworthy one because everybody was convinced it was a hoax

3 hours ago, mochi said:

does glitch techs have gay, female, People of color? >_>

The two main characters are Mexican and Asian-American. The latter comes from a mixed family with an Anglo-saxon father, a sister who doesn't look like her at all, and the cast is rounded out by an overweight Caucasian supervisor, a Black-British rival, two African-Americans, and an Indian girl wearing a parka.

13 minutes ago, elfie said:

The two main characters are Mexican and Asian-American. The latter comes from a mixed family with an Anglo-saxon father, a sister who doesn't look like her at all, and the cast is rounded out by an overweight Caucasian supervisor, a Black-British rival, two African-Americans, and an Indian girl wearing a parka.

704.jpg.da9c5e05a512fa08ba1701ea354910a0.jpg

Nice to see Top Gun back to his usual antics of downvoting things that I post. I'll give you something to downvotes,

I still despise liberals and liberal media, and think that them and sjws are the worse thing that rose up in this past decade. I'm not just saying that to be edgy, I absolutely hate the effect they've had on the entertainment industry, and view them as a parasite that latches onto everything that people like and drains it of everything that made it good. If it comes down to Warren, Biden, Sanders, or Bloomberg VS Trump you can bet your ass I'll vote that orange bastard over any of them any day.

• Thanks 1
  • D'oh 6

23 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Not me, but I am mildly surprised it wasn't exiled to HBO Max like Close Enough.

Maybe they had gone too far to change it up, or were going to release it before the MAX launch. Twitter still has NOT forgiven Crunchyroll for funding it, or for hiring professional dangerhair  Kate “Kill All Men” Leth.

ERrUNprWoAAy3X8.jpg

ERrNG0GXUAAU7TQ?format=jpg&name=large

So yeah, fun times.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fortnite Guy Keanu Reeves said:

Nice to see Top Gun back to his usual antics of downvoting things that I post. I'll give you something to downvotes,

I still despise liberals and liberal media, and think that them and sjws are the worse thing that rose up in this past decade. I'm not just saying that to be edgy, I absolutely hate the effect they've had on the entertainment industry, and view them as a parasite that latches onto everything that people like and drains it of everything that made it good. If it comes down to Warren, Biden, Sanders, or Bloomberg VS Trump you can bet your ass I'll vote that orange bastard over any of them any day.

Aww, triggered by a few downvotes?  Poor snowflake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ginguy said:

It is almost as they got woke and now fear going broke....

They realized that they had a bad product, and did their damndest to cover it up, but the Internet, Twitter NEVER forgets.  They know Kate Leth is a misandrist douchebag, and the people will only be satisfied when they confirm the show has been cancelled.  Especially these days when people make a living off of endless videos shitting on these morons for any perceived slight.

Edited by Jman
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2020 at 9:04 AM, Jman said:

Maybe they had gone too far to change it up, or were going to release it before the MAX launch. Twitter still has NOT forgiven Crunchyroll for funding it, or for hiring professional dangerhair  Kate “Kill All Men” Leth.

ERrUNprWoAAy3X8.jpg

ERrNG0GXUAAU7TQ?format=jpg&name=large

So yeah, fun times.

you know Kate has a Husband and was a writer for Transformers, Bravest Warriors, the Adventure time comic series, and several Hasbro Cartoons before doing this show right?

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, mochi said:

you know Kate has a Husband and was a writer for Transformers, Bravest Warriors, the Adventure time comic series, and several Hasbro Cartoons before doing this show right?

How is any of that supposed to help her case?  She was part of the generation of self righteous idiots in comic books which is why no one reads comics anymore.  She sucks.

23 hours ago, Jman said:

They realized that they had a bad product, and did their damndest to cover it up, but the Internet, Twitter NEVER forgets.  They know Kate Leth is a misandrist douchebag, and the people will only be satisfied when they confirm the show has been cancelled.  Especially these days when people make a living off of endless videos shitting on these morons for any perceived slight.

Well, her McCain tweet was pretty good. 🙃

I may have no intention of seeing HGS, but at least I also have no ill will towards it. Going forward, any observations of the haters I'll see will probably be when someone else is dunking on them.

3 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Jman is literally the only person who cares about that show either way. 

I admittedly just wanted to go “Oh, that thing exists.  Now how about the new wave of Korean properties being adapted to anime, which”...oh jeez I can’t even remember the last one.  I remember years and years ago ADV had one but I cannot remember the name for the life of me.  

What I do know is that Webtoon has cornered the market on webcomics for the most part for good or for ill, and while a lot of their content is crap, both Tower of God and God of High School are incredibly popular.

53 minutes ago, Jman said:

I admittedly just wanted to go “Oh, that thing exists.  Now how about the new wave of Korean properties being adapted to anime, which”...oh jeez I can’t even remember the last one.  I remember years and years ago ADV had one but I cannot remember the name for the life of me. 

From what I remember, it had to be either Michel or BaSTof Syndrome.

So what I’m gathering from all this is Crunchyroll’s original content is so boring everyone has to focus on behind the scenes drama to entertain themselves.

Meanwhile Netflix is preparing a Pacific Rim anime and a collaboration with CLAMP.

33 minutes ago, Jman said:

So what I’m gathering from all this is Crunchyroll’s original content is so boring everyone has to focus on behind the scenes drama to entertain themselves.

Meanwhile Netflix is preparing a Pacific Rim anime and a collaboration with CLAMP.

Netflix has been preparing a pacific rim anime for 10 years, it ain't happening

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mochi said:

Netflix has been preparing a pacific rim anime for 10 years, it ain't happening

It’s going to happen this year.  Whether it’s worth a damn is another question entirely.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mochi said:

for all your Bashing of Kate leth even SHE thinks Marvel's new comic is really fucking horrible 

Comic books can destroy themselves down the road they chose.  Close every comic stop, release all this cringe on the market, I no longer care.  I just want this nonsense away from the medium everyone went to after leaving comics.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, Jman said:

I think even Crunchyroll sort of realized what they got into.  They’re pushing the hell out of God of High School and Tower of God but kind of shrugged about everything else.

They did the same thing when Dr. Stone came out. Hell they bought a Times Square billboard for it. I mean of course they're going to push titles they make more money from. That how it works. Why do you think Netflix always does that bigass ad you see when you open it for their new show every time it drops?