UnevenEdge

MLB 2020: The herpaderpaderpening.

StarPanda

• 2 weeks later...

You remember the commercial where the animatronic goes "Hi, I'm Orville Redenbacher!" and everyone in the room has a look ranging from "No you are not" to "God has left this place"?

That's what it felt like seeing "Harry Caray" sing the 7th Inning Stretch last night.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Seight said:

You remember the commercial where the animatronic goes "Hi, I'm Orville Redenbacher!" and everyone in the room has a look ranging from "No you are not" to "God has left this place"?

That's what it felt like seeing "Harry Caray" sing the 7th Inning Stretch last night.

I see that look everyday

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, scoobdog said:

How does Oakland fuck up so bad they go from 3 major professional sport franchises to.. 0?

I don't which is worse: This or the fact the Athletics baseball team will be moving to a fourth city! That's right. Las Vegas will be the fourth city to call the Athletics their own.

So for those who want to keep track...
The franchise started out as the Philadelphia Athletics in 1901 and played there through the 1954 season, then moved to Kansas City in 1955. They've been in Oakland since 1968, but are now set on moving to Las Vegas by as late as 2027.

Edited by Gemini
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, scoobdog said:

How does Oakland fuck up so bad they go from 3 major professional sport franchises to.. 0?

They've been one of the few cities to not play the "We want a new stadium/arena and want the city to foot the bill for it even though we're super rich pro sports owners" game.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seight said:

They've been one of the few cities to not play the "We want a new stadium/arena and want the city to foot the bill for it even though we're super rich pro sports owners" game.

That’s mostly the case.  But it doesn’t explain how they lost Loeb and the Warriors at the height of their most recent dynasty.

More importantly, they’ve allowed the Oakland Coliseum to become literally the worst stadium in the country.  If they were interested in keeping the As in Oakland, making their current home a hellscape probably isn’t going to help.

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

That’s mostly the case.  But it doesn’t explain how they lost Loeb and the Warriors at the height of their most recent dynasty.

More importantly, they’ve allowed the Oakland Coliseum to become literally the worst stadium in the country.  If they were interested in keeping the As in Oakland, making their current home a hellscape probably isn’t going to help.

In fairness to the Warriors, all they did was move back to San Francisco. As for the A’s, I completely agree. Of course, it didn’t help that they had to share Oakland Coliseum with the Raiders off and on for three decades either.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If I had a nickel for every time a pitcher for Arizona hit a bird with a pitch, I'd have two nickels.

Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice.

Right?! I mean the first one was thrown by this guy (Randy Johnson for those of you wondering what ever happened to the Jolly Green Giant) a guy who's so fucking tall I don't any of his baseball cards actually have a full body shot of him, they get the upper torso and part of the Sears tower in the photo and the camera just evaporates from the kinetic energy generated from his windup

a 2nd time though?

AZ is either on to some kind strange voodoo or those birds are suicidal 

mullet dos.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Cincinnati"Okay, we'll start the season in the wilderness again, call up our top prospect in early June, and give them enough service time to maybe set up a run at the playoffs next season."

The Top Prospect: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After teasing a few times for just over 100 games....

The Cubs are above .500 again

...and people on reddit are comparing the Braves 2021 team to this team saying the Cubs have better numbers and should really buy, and I'm over here thinking of all the potential times before 2016 the Cubs had some flash

cubs 5.jpg

billy_madison.gif

• Thanks 1

Reds vs Cubs at Wrigley.  Long fly to left by Nico Horner and the left fielder ends up losing track of the ball because it is heading for "the well".  The fielder spins one way then another, getting all twisted around and losing the ball, which hits the wall and ricochets away from him.

Jim DeShaies: "Drunk Uncle has the joystick again..." :LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Haha 2

hey let's check in on the completely normal AL Central:

oooh seight

you gotta link the whoooole fight

https://youtu.be/AT_Sb22Fw38?t=23

well... I tried

Ramirez straight up knocked the lights out in tim anderson... he lands that hook and anderson just straightens and drops

After things settled another scuffle broke out, and then once that settled... who the fuck comes running out of the dugout talking shit like he didn't just get his ass knocked out on TV? Tim Anderson

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, molarbear said:

oooh seight

you gotta link the whoooole fight

https://youtu.be/AT_Sb22Fw38?t=23

well... I tried

Ramirez straight up knocked the lights out in tim anderson... he lands that hook and anderson just straightens and drops

After things settled another scuffle broke out, and then once that settled... who the fuck comes running out of the dugout talking shit like he didn't just get his ass knocked out on TV? Tim Anderson

It's so much worse that Tim was the one that DROPPED HIS GLOVES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

(And also why would the White Sox's broadcast partner post such a clear shot of that punch holy shit)

18 hours ago, Seight said:

It's so much worse that Tim was the one that DROPPED HIS GLOVES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

(And also why would the White Sox's broadcast partner post such a clear shot of that punch holy shit)

Dunno

I originally saw it after someone mentioned it. I had to watch it in 7 or 8 video clips on twitter, I wish I had saved that because I have not be able to find it since

The angle of the video I saw you had a clear view of Ramirez and Anderson, I originally thought it was just a shove and he tripped...nah dude straight up ascended for a microsecond

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Rookie Cubs Pitcher Jordan Wicks - first batter HR.  Second batter Single,  Third batter Walk...mound visit by pitching coach...Fourth batter KO, Fifth batter KO, Sixth batter KO

Second inning: Seventh batter KO, Eighth batter KO, ninth batter Ground out

quarter of the way to Kerry Wood's 20 KO game.

7 KOs through 3 innings

9 KOs through 4

3 up 3 down in the 5th, no KOs - probably done for the evening.  15 consecutive outs.

Edited by tsar4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, molarbear said:

I don't remember a season where a team bought at the trade deadline and then released all the players weeks later when it didn't work out

Probably because there hasn't been a team this far in the shitter with the prospect of signing a player for the cost of Michael Bay film budget and the entertainment value to match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...