UnevenEdge

MLB 2020: The herpaderpaderpening.

StarPanda

8 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I didn't realize that, apparently, the Giants got a bad check swing call to go their way at Dodger Stadium earlier this year. 

How often are bad check swing calls a thing?

Usually if it's even questionable the plate ump will say no swing and then the team on field can ask one of the line umps

17 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Which is what Will Smith did.

Did he?  I didn't see that in the replay

Either way, from what I saw it looked like a 1/3 of a swing at most.  I don't know what the official rules are, but it was always my understanding that unless it was a 1/2 swing or more then they didn't go around

1 hour ago, molarbear said:

Did he?  I didn't see that in the replay

Either way, from what I saw it looked like a 1/3 of a swing at most.  I don't know what the official rules are, but it was always my understanding that unless it was a 1/2 swing or more then they didn't go around

Yeah, you could see him point to the first base umpire.   At this point, I don't think anyone thinks it was a swing, but that's with the benefit of a slow motion replay dead on.  When they showed it from the camera  that's on the first base side, you can see how it might have looked like an a half-swing based on the way Wilmer pulls the grip and twirls the knob, making it look like his hands broke into the swing.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, StarPanda said:

That's why lol

Braves have been playing good but once the astros get going they can't be stopped, why did the dodgers have to loose 

Injuries and a bad playoff system.  The Braves didn't deserve home field. Should be a ranked system like the NBA.

9 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Better not be the Astros.

^

I keep seeing people say they want Dusty Baker to finally win it but I could care less

Dude let 2 of the best young arms in the League destroy themselves to the point that one became a relief pitcher and the other no one has heard about in over 15 years or so

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seight said:

Enjoy the next four weeks of the offseason until

*checks notes*

MLB and its Player's Association begin the fun activity known as MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION!

They refer to it as "The Winter Meetings"

It sells better

Think of all the players about to hit the FA and all the qualifying offers that are going to be made, either people won't get signed, or the draft is going to be crazy

Either way, I see the QO ending in the future

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few days ago, a Chicago sports reporter named Les Grobstein passed away.  He had an encyclopedic knowledge of sports and reported the same on a number of Chicago radio stations throughout his career.  I remember 2 different historic broadcasts, one where he had a phone interview with Vikings QB Tommy Kramer that left Les questioning if he'd been pranked...because Kramer was drunk off his ass on the air.  

The other thing - after another loss by the Cubs, Lee Elia went into a profanity-laced rant to the press corps...but Les was the only one who had a recorder.

Ladies & Gentlemen - I give you something NSFW.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...