UnevenEdge

Ishuzoku Reviewers

stilgar

6 hours ago, stilgar said:

She is the elf's favorite because she is nice and young. 

And they explain it as being a 'mana' sort of thing since in this show at least, elves keep a generally youthful appearance for most of their lives and the elf finding his female counterpart distasteful is because her mana is the equivalent to a 90 year old hag. By his standards, an actual human 90 year old is fresh meat to him.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:44 AM, Ric said:

Those are some Eiken/Divergence Eve-level titties in the middle there. The synopsis sounds like it could be either fun or really stupid, maybe I'll check it out.

Thems are Holstarus/Minotaur/Cow girls

If Monster Musume has taught me anything, this is probably going to lead to a lot of udder nonsense.

33 minutes ago, stilgar said:

Well, the one on the right is a dude and has reviewed some of the prostitutes and the other I haven't seen before. Also, I believe they are halflings.

To be clear, the angel on the right is not a dude either, but a hermaphrodite, possessing both types of sex organs and tries to keep that a secret from the other protagonists.

I don't have any plans to watch this show anytime soon, but seriously... what's so wrong with liking something that others feel the need to sound like those "bad is objective" types when discussing how much they dislike it, be it at face value like Ishuzoku Reviewers or after watching over 50 episodes like Black Clover?

Attitudes like that are the reason I can't discuss the anime I'm watching with the lot of you without feeling the need to punch an inanimate object until it and my fist are unrecognizable from their original states.

Edited by PokeNirvash
The Ghiaccio pic works better with subs.
  • Thanks 1

Shows like Ishuzoku Reviewers clearly have some merit to it if it got a thread before better received shows this season. 😂

But I’m not the type to shit on someone for enjoying ecchi or outrageous anime. If anything, many of those shows carry value by virtue of being provocative or unique. And there are many that are great because they excel at what they do. Any show I’ve watched because the main lady was milfy turned out to be pretty great 👍.

There are many shows I’m not into, but I’ve stopped acting like someone is fundamentally wrong for liking something I don’t like. Now hating something I DO like is where I’d throw down start judging, but at that point I’m just being petty.  

Haven’t watched it because my weekends are too packed to regularly follow a show that lands on Saturdays, but the manga was surprisingly tasteful for its premise when I read it for Winter previews. The cutesy art gives a sense of charm to the premise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks!

I think over time, it just got irritating to see people dismiss something by attacking the people who enjoy it. Unless it’s illegal material, it’s counterproductive to attack fans of something because it’s not your bag.

I’ll definitely still mock a show for its quality or its subject matter. There are times where I might go as far as to say a writer has a particular mindset when making a certain story. But what good would it do to go into a show I know I won’t like it and announcing to the world that I don’t like it?

Nowadays, I’d rather be disappointed because I had high hopes for a series that let me down than shit on a show I don’t like whenever I get the chance. I guess it’s like some of the ANN previews where someone will review a show not because it’s on their radar but because it’s an easy target. 

Sorry for getting rambly. This post is currently brought to you by Sapporo Black.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, stilgar said:

Chaps is pretty great.

😳

Maybe I’ll set aside some time for Ishuzoku Reviewers.

By the way, I’m glad I gave Kimetsu no Yaiba more of a chance cause I think I overlooked it’s earlier episodes while I was gushing over Sarazanmai. But after getting around the examination arc and Inosuke’s intro, I got more invested on the show and started marathoning through the manga. Now I’m up to date, but it’s been a great read. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I don't have any plans to watch this show anytime soon, but seriously... what's so wrong with liking something that others feel the need to sound like those "bad is objective" types when discussing how much they dislike it, be it at face value like Ishuzoku Reviewers or after watching over 50 episodes like Black Clover?

If you feel bad about liking something because someone on the internet said it looked bad or dumb then the problem is with you. I'm 100% sure stillgar doesn't give a flying fuck what me or anyone else in this thread thinks about this show nor did we impact his opinion on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

If you feel bad about liking something because someone on the internet said it looked bad or dumb then the problem is with you.

I'm very well aware of that, and it's a personal problem I'm trying to overcome, both through talking (or rather, screaming) it over with myself and letting the filtered thoughts out here. I too hope the day will come when I see "I personally don't like thing" written in a manner making it sound as factual as "water is wet", and my only response to that is "meh". I might not be there yet, but I'm getting closer.