UnevenEdge

Why are they playing Black Hole Sun on the classic rock station

Swimmod_Luna

29 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

Because that song is almost 30 years old

It's just weird to hear songs that were made after I was born on classic rock stations. But I guess when I was a kid I didn't think it was weird to hear 70's songs on classic rock stations even though they'd be about as old then as 90's songs are now. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Athena 92 said:

It's just weird to hear songs that were made after I was born on classic rock stations. But I guess when I was a kid I didn't think it was weird to hear 70's songs on classic rock stations even though they'd be about as old then as 90's songs are now. 

We're farther from the date of the premier of the TV show "That 70's Show" than they were from the dates in the 70's they were mocking

4 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Welcome to the Feels Old party. :D 

I for one look forward to the day that something like 'Cop Killer' is used over the PA at nursing homes because it soothes the residents. :D:D:D

This sucks. I want out of this simulation please.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Seight said:

Actually what's really weird is the rock station plays both new and old music.

So, for instance, I might hear Red Hot Chili Peppers on the classic station and Pink Floyd on the rock station on the same day.

Its not playing new music. Rhcp was popular 20 years ago.

51 minutes ago, Seight said:

Actually what's really weird is the rock station plays both new and old music.

So, for instance, I might hear Red Hot Chili Peppers on the classic station and Pink Floyd on the rock station on the same day.

There's a rock station in Lexington that plays all the new stuff, but every now and then they'll have throwbacks and play "Enter Sandman" or even some Pink Floyd like you've mentioned.  I think the Rock genre is fading out so they still hold on to the older songs.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:05 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

They've been playing grunge on classic rock stations for at LEAST 10 years now. Probably closer to 20.

In the last 5 or 6 years they've been playing nu-metal, stuff like Blink 182, and stuff like Everclear on classic rock stations. That was the last straw for me.

Pop punk is old school punk now and we can’t do anything about it