UnevenEdge

OFFICIAL: Toonami to re-air Episode 6 of SAO: Alicization on March 23, Power Hour of 7-8 March 30

kinda funny SAO Glitched out and caused this whole mess because it's worked perfectly with toonami's plans according to Demarco since they aren't even allowed to discuss megalobox's replacement yet

I Have no idea who is screwing up the deal but had SAO Not glitched out  they would have been screwed with potentially no new show for the megalobox slot

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 2

Who knows if they already have Megalo's replacement picked out, but with how the block has been run lately (as in, last October), I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. But if so, and if it weren't for this, they could've put a lame-duck half-hour like the Countdown supercut/Scavengers on again.

• Like 3

stuff like this shouldn't happen and i can only imagine it's because toonami is under-staffed so they can't even regularly check the copies they have to make sure they aren't screwed up the toonami crew just isn't being run properly  i don't know if they don't care or if they are too busy

but it's unacceptable and will only get worse if something's not done about to prevent another incident like this from happening

Edited by CountFrylock
  • D'oh 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

stuff like this shouldn't happen and i can only imagine it's because toonami is under-staffed so they can't even regularly check the copies they have to make sure they aren't screwed up the toonami crew just isn't being run properly  i don't know if they don't care or if they are too busy

but it's unacceptable and will only get worse if something's not done about to prevent another incident like this from happening

They have been back for how many years now, yes it's a bad look but this Is the first time it has happened so I'm sure they will be alright 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/1107816543835095040

Just what I thought. Someone in either programming or master control (whichever dept. ingests the shows at CN as it's different for every channel) didn't put the right start or end marks on the two segments of the file on the dubber before saving them in the system, thus causing this royal fuckup.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

stuff like this shouldn't happen and i can only imagine it's because toonami is under-staffed

..... buddy, everything about this sounds like it was absolutely sudden and unplanned and out of their control as it was happening. What WERE they going to do?? Use their time travel machine?? Don't blame it on them.

5 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/1107816543835095040

Just what I thought. Someone in either programming or master control (whichever dept. ingests the shows at CN as it's different for every channel) didn't put the right start or end marks on the two segments of the file on the dubber before saving them in the system, thus causing this royal fuckup.

... how does "this was an internal error" translate into "someone totally did a sloppy job at putting the start and end marks on the two segments of the file"?!

5 hours ago, elfie said:

... how does "this was an internal error" translate into "someone totally did a sloppy job at putting the start and end marks on the two segments of the file"?!

Because (not at CN tho) I work in that department?

I know what causes these errors. A bad end-mark and/or unsaved segment is definitely the cause of this and whoever was in charge of ingesting the show is now unemployed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

I know what causes these errors. A bad end-mark and/or unsaved segment is definitely the cause of this and whoever was in charge of ingesting the show is now unemployed.

Iiiiiiiiiiii totally forgot that, sorry.  OR maybe I just didnt read the posts where you told us that before.

Well if you're confident about that, then that raises the question about why they hire a flawed human being to handle these things. Also it makes me wonder why you don't see these mistakes happen more often.

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Iiiiiiiiiiii totally forgot that, sorry.  OR maybe I just didnt read the posts where you told us that before.

Well if you're confident about that, then that raises the question about why they hire a flawed human being to handle these things. Also it makes me wonder why you don't see these mistakes happen more often.

We are prone to mistakes. I've made that mistake before.

However, I didn't lose my job for it since I work for a local channel no one watches thus the stakes are extremely low.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

kinda funny SAO Glitched out and caused this whole mess because it's worked perfectly with toonami's plans according to Demarco since they aren't even allowed to discuss megalobox's replacement yet

I Have no idea who is screwing up the deal but had SAO Not glitched out  they would have been screwed with potentially no new show for the megalobox slot

Not necessarily...

Bear in mind that March 30th is technically within the [ as ] April Fools time should they decide to do something weird for weird's sake. So they may have had a buffer scheduled anyway before doing any announcements. All the glitching did was force a slight change in how things are aired in order to get back on schedule with the shows they currently have running.

Additional theory, this double episode might be used to move SAO back half an hour officially with Attack on Titan season 3 restarting at the old SAO time. The 50th episode is currently scheduled for 4.28 in Japan. Starting season 3 now should hopefully give everyone time to dub and ready for aire the 50th episode to seamlessly play. Theory only though. 

• Like 1

still though what anime could be so top level and popular that it would require this many flaming hoops to jump through that they still can't talk about it?

there aren't exactly A Lot of Toonami Possible modern animes that would require them to bust their asses off just to even consider airing it

49 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

still though what anime could be so top level and popular that it would require this many flaming hoops to jump through that they still can't talk about it?

there aren't exactly A Lot of Toonami Possible modern animes that would require them to bust their asses off just to even consider airing it

Re Zero, Konosuba, Goblin Slayer, Shield Hero.... maybe Gridman.

If it's not one of those I see no reason for everyone to be like "OMG WE CANT TELL IT'S A SECRET"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daos said:

Re Zero, Konosuba, Goblin Slayer, Shield Hero.... maybe Gridman.

If it's not one of those I see no reason for everyone to be like "OMG WE CANT TELL IT'S A SECRET"

it just boggles the mind.....it better be some massive hit for all this secrecy nonsense to be brushed off

7 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

I wonder if this means we're not getting an April Fool's gag this year at all.

If you see a promo teasing one, that's your sign that there's not.

Besides, this year's gag is scheduled for Sunday night/Monday morning/maybe Monday evening. So naturally Toonami won't have one this year.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

it just boggles the mind.....it better be some massive hit for all this secrecy nonsense to be brushed off

Last time they resorted to this level of secrecy and doubled up on Samurai Jack, the new show was Mob Psycho 100 Season 1.

MegaloBox, on the other hand, had a definite release date of December 8th for months. And, I believe, so did Boruto. That, I believe, covers all the new shows of the 2nd half of 2018.

The first new show of 2019, SAO: Alicization, we knew about for a couple weeks at least.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:33 PM, katt_goddess said:

Not necessarily...

Bear in mind that March 30th is technically within the [ as ] April Fools time should they decide to do something weird for weird's sake. So they may have had a buffer scheduled anyway before doing any announcements. All the glitching did was force a slight change in how things are aired in order to get back on schedule with the shows they currently have running.

Additional theory, this double episode might be used to move SAO back half an hour officially with Attack on Titan season 3 restarting at the old SAO time. The 50th episode is currently scheduled for 4.28 in Japan. Starting season 3 now should hopefully give everyone time to dub and ready for aire the 50th episode to seamlessly play. Theory only though. 

March 31st is usually the prank night once it reaches midnight and becomes April 1st. That’s Sunday this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sketch said:

March 31st is usually the prank night once it reaches midnight and becomes April 1st. That’s Sunday this year.

True, but Saturday's are easier to mess with. So like I said, it's within their time frame if they felt the need to cheat the schedule a little. 

On the same level, it's been 12 years in April since the 'ATHF' movie came out. Maybe they'll have a 'we just hit puberty' marathon of that movie as the joke that Sunday instead. In like Chinese or something. 

1 hour ago, Daos said:

I love me some ATHF but it was always hit and miss and that movie was a miss =P

But in a completely foreign dub? With the equivalent of google translate as the subtitles? 

Vague entertainment could be possible and I would feel sorry about missing it because old people need their sleep. :D

Whatever the case may be, we'll all see in a couple of weeks along with a potential announcement of the next replacement show on Toonami. 

10 hours ago, Blatch said:

I wouldn't mind them going back to airing anime during the first hour, even if it's just DB Super again. However, one good idea I want to see is My Hero Academia leading off, and then something like The Venture Bros. at 8:30.

MHA should get a crack at 8pm.

• Like 1

I don't know about anyone else (except Poke), but I recently got a gut feeling that it'll be Lupin the Third Part V. It seems right that Toonami will disappoint some of us with another sequel while still getting the bare minimum of something new.

• Like 1

Was another thread really necessary for this?  After we had the episode thread, the Sword Art Offline thread, then CountFrylock made yet another thread with Demarco addressing the issue, and now this thread.  I swear Al just makes some threads just for the sake of being the OP of "big" threads like when some news like this breaks, even though it's not necessary.  I won't really complain about him grabbing so many episode threads because no one really cares about the "competition" anymore, where that competition was always who has the best atomic clock and not the quality of the OP itself, and many of us are too lazy to make the episode threads, no one gives a shit about certain shows, or we just plain forget.  I guess we're all getting old.  But, redundant threads are redundant.  If we weren't going to discuss the glitch issue in the episode thread, one additional thread, Poke's perfectly titled Sword Art Offline thread, was all that was needed.

On the topic of how many threads, should we make another episode thread for episode 6, or reuse last week's thread?  Does the episode thread were the glitch happened need to be preserved for posterity and historical significance?  Some people seem to think that this incident is interesting because of how rarely this happens.  For me, it's just annoying and a hassle, this time, and any other time this has happened, like with Big O and Eureka 7.  Though it was more thoughtlessness than a glitch with Eureka 7, since they cut legit content "for time" intentionally.  For when episodes 7 and 8 air, I think one thread should be necessary even though it's not one episode like with the premiere?  Then people don't have to worry about clicking into a new thread to continue the discussion.

Anyway, I am glad they are re-airing the episode they botched.  I don't know why they are so insistent on SAO not being behind an episode, but they are and so we have another hour of SAO coming up.

I am quite frankly shocked that we don't know what the Megalo replacement is, and especially that Demarco can't even name it.  So it's not because it's a "surprise," which by the way, surprises don't help with a new show starting out that people need to know what it is and that it's airing to be there to watch and/or set their DVRs.  Promoting something kind of actually matters.  I gotta wonder how this would have panned out if the glitch didn't happen.  You'd think they'd be more on top of things than to be negotiating down the last minute.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:58 AM, EmpressAngel said:

tenor.gif

Yeah, all the people that were laughing at SAO's airing getting botched last week now have another full hour of SAO to look forward to!  Courtesy of Toonami!  Enjoy! :D

Edited by ben0119

On 3/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, MasqueradeOverture said: