UnevenEdge

OFFICIAL: Toonami to re-air Episode 6 of SAO: Alicization on March 23, Power Hour of 7-8 March 30

On 3/19/2019 at 5:33 PM, katt_goddess said:

Not necessarily...

Bear in mind that March 30th is technically within the [ as ] April Fools time should they decide to do something weird for weird's sake. So they may have had a buffer scheduled anyway before doing any announcements. All the glitching did was force a slight change in how things are aired in order to get back on schedule with the shows they currently have running.

Additional theory, this double episode might be used to move SAO back half an hour officially with Attack on Titan season 3 restarting at the old SAO time. The 50th episode is currently scheduled for 4.28 in Japan. Starting season 3 now should hopefully give everyone time to dub and ready for aire the 50th episode to seamlessly play. Theory only though. 

Dear Kami, I hope not.  That would be a waste of a slot, a waste of everyone's time, and rerunning Attack on Titan at the front helped torpedo the block the last time it was done.  And given the pacing, the suspense building, constant cliffhangers, mystery building, etc., AoT doesn't have a whole lot of re-watch value.  You just wanna' get to the next thing.

40 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Dear Kami, I hope not.  That would be a waste of a slot, a waste of everyone's time, and rerunning Attack on Titan at the front helped torpedo the block the last time it was done.  And given the pacing, the suspense building, constant cliffhangers, mystery building, etc., AoT doesn't have a whole lot of re-watch value.  You just wanna' get to the next thing.

Well, I tend to be a bit of a completionist at times and also tend to think about those who might not have the type of access to see the 50th episode any other way than via Toonami. So I don't see it as a waste of time. But I'm more than willing to say that's my opinion and not a fact. Just as I tend to feel any gundam series is a waste of time but again, that's a personal opinion and not a fact.

And I'd be fine if people just wanted to make a new discussion thread for the re-attempt just to start it clean. I don't think enough of the show actually aired for any discussion other than 'brain-in-box MAD, brain-in-box SMASH *glitch ' :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Well, I tend to be a bit of a completionist at times and also tend to think about those who might not have the type of access to see the 50th episode any other way than via Toonami. So I don't see it as a waste of time. But I'm more than willing to say that's my opinion and not a fact. Just as I tend to feel any gundam series is a waste of time but again, that's a personal opinion and not a fact.

And I'd be fine if people just wanted to make a new discussion thread for the re-attempt just to start it clean. I don't think enough of the show actually aired for any discussion other than 'brain-in-box MAD, brain-in-box SMASH *glitch ' :D

I'm a completionist myself, but, the rerun at the end of the block won't get done by the time the new season gets here?  Attack on Titan definitely isn't a show you can just jump in the middle of, either.  I'm sure people will find a way.  Most of the Gundam series have been wastes of time.  I've only liked G Gundam so far, and the first season of Iron Blooded Orphans.  Then they had to go ruin it with season 2!  But's all just an opinion and not a fact, of course. =3

Yeah I think you're right.  I'm not even sure if the episode was half-way done at that point?  Either way, the damn brain-in-box ruined everything, so it's probably best to start fresh!

Season 2 of Gundam IBO was good. Sure, it had a tragic ending, or at least a semi-tragic ending, but as someone who enjoyed good Shakespearian tragedies in high school, I dig that! I hate that they gave it the boot for Boondocks and Black Dynamite, but there IS still time to finish it before they lose the rights in October...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Season 2 of Gundam IBO was good. Sure, it had a tragic ending, or at least a semi-tragic ending, but as someone who enjoyed good Shakespearian tragedies in high school, I dig that! I hate that they gave it the boot for Boondocks and Black Dynamite, but there IS still time to finish it before they lose the rights in October...

I dunno a lot of it felt the writer didn't know what to do.  It didn't feel like an organic continuation of the first season at all.  A lot of the tragic stuff that happened relied on the characters being dumb, or deaths happening just for reasons.  Multiple characters just got gunned down by goons.  Very lazy and forced.  And Mikazuki and Atra's son is an abomination.

Whatever your thoughts on IBO's ending, let it not be denied that Orga's death was a source of memes, including this extremely specific one of my own creation that requires one to have watched the dubs of both IBO S2 and Please Twins! in order to get it.

H5REEQH.png

Edited by PokeNirvash