UnevenEdge

Ouchie help what do? - Updated

Poof

20180604_202545.jpg

SCAR UPDATE !

Picture-986.jpg

So in the end, I never got stitches. I just treated it myself. I did go get a tetanus shot a few days later which probably would've been too late but oh well. There doesn't seem to be any tendon issues. It feels almost completely normal now, and I can bend it fine. It was so deep. You couldn't really tell from the fresh pic that it doesn't just go straight across, it turns at an angle. So I could really lift the skin/meat flap up and look into my finger. I wish I got a pic of that but it made me dizzy and lots of blood started flowing when I did it. With this scar pic you can see how it was. I'm proud of myself that the scar is so faint. I'm really good at healing.

Edited by Poof
update

1 minute ago, Kweerie said:

Just keep pressure on it till it stops bleeding, then clean the area and put a bandage over it.

After that you can freak the fuck out or whatever, but We usually skip that step.

Uhh way too wordy, just type bandaid 🐰

10 minutes ago, Kweerie said:

Just keep pressure on it till it stops bleeding, then clean the area and put a bandage over it.

After that you can freak the fuck out or whatever, but We usually skip that step.

Yup, all of this.

Yay its poof.

3 minutes ago, Zenigundam said:

Uhh way too wordy, just type bandaid 🐰

Just because you have less retention than a gold fish with down syndrome doesn't mean We need to treat everyone else like a blathering idiot.

Trust Us, when you need health advice, We will be extremely sparse with Our words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Kweerie said:

I freaked out already. You can see my gristle. Do you think it needs stitches?

28 minutes ago, molarbear said:

is that white stuff the bone?

probably not, more likely its fat tissue.  Possibly tendon sheath, which is a much bigger deal, but looking at it again, it's probably just fat.

I had a hand injury and had that stuff exposed and poking out a little, I thought it was bone but nope.  They had to trim part of it out before they could stitch me, my finger had a flat spot for years

Edited by SlappyKincaid

3 minutes ago, SlappyKincaid said:

probably not, more likely its fat tissue.  Possibly tendon sheath, which is a much bigger deal, but looking at it again, it's probably just fat.

I had a hand injury and had that stuff exposed and poking out a little, I thought it was bone but nope.  They had to trim part of it out before they could stitch me, my finger had a flat spot for years

I thought fatty tissue was generally yellow? 

7 minutes ago, SlappyKincaid said:

ehhh... yellow-ish, probably.  Fat pads on/in fingers might be a different kind of fat but I'm not completely sure.  I just remember from my own injury the piece was fairly white.

For your personal growth and education

60DFA269-DBEF-4B79-BD8A-961E89C3F9EE.gif

1 hour ago, molarbear said:

is that white stuff the bone?

No its sinew or fat. It doesnt hurt much nor any worse when i bend it and i can bend it so the tendons must still be connected.

Im going to go to the clinic tomorrow

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poof said:

No its sinew or fat. It doesnt hurt much nor any worse when i bend it and i can bend it so the tendons must still be connected.

Im going to go to the clinic tomorrow

you may get some stitches

you're gonna have to explain to all your friends it was from a cut and not because you're a snitch

14 minutes ago, empty said:

Just keep gauze and disinfectant on until it heals.

Or pay for stitches. Up to you.

Well it went in at an angle. Its a deep gouge. I could actually lift that flap of skin and flesh quite a bit. I'm worried about infection and tetanus. 

4 hours ago, mthor said:

It's a small cut, but kind of deep. Maybe glue? The only problem is you'll have to hit a doc in the box or ER and you'll wind up waiting.

Idk I thought you werent supposed to do glue if theyre deep like this?

1 hour ago, Poof said:

Well it went in at an angle. Its a deep gouge. I could actually lift that flap of skin and flesh quite a bit. I'm worried about infection and tetanus. 

MIght as well see a doctor, that's what they're for.

I had a mirror break on the top of my foot when I was kid and it was injured something like your finger, I was like five years old and still don't think I've seen so much blood in my life.

Sometimes if I step the wrong way it still makes my whole foot tingle.

Edited by empty

20 hours ago, Poof said:

Yeah, if its that deep, it's worth having someone look at it.

What did you do?  Slip with a screwdriver or something?

2 hours ago, SlappyKincaid said:

Yeah, if its that deep, it's worth having someone look at it.

What did you do?  Slip with a screwdriver or something?

I was opening a soup can that had the pop can lift tab thingy. I started it but it wouldnt come off so I pulled really hard and it didnt peel back it all just popped right off and somehow got me. I dont get exactly how it did it.

It was progresso chicken noodle

3 minutes ago, Poof said:

I was opening a soup can that had the pop can lift tab thingy. I started it but it wouldnt come off so I pulled really hard and it didnt peel back it all just popped right off and somehow got me. I dont get exactly how it did it.

It was progresso chicken noodle

I had a thing happen a few years ago when I was washing dishes. I was scrubbing a mug and the handle broke. The jagged end ripped open my left ring finger on the outside edge even with my middle knuckle. It was really deep and was not a clean cut. Me being the idiot I am I but a bandage on it and let it heal. Luckily it didn't get infect and healed pretty cleanly. Of course there is a pretty big scar there but that wouldn't be the first one I ever had. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, stilgar said:

I had a thing happen a few years ago when I was washing dishes. I was scrubbing a mug and the handle broke. The jagged end ripped open my left ring finger on the outside edge even with my middle knuckle. It was really deep and was not a clean cut. Me being the idiot I am I but a bandage on it and let it heal. Luckily it didn't get infect and healed pretty cleanly. Of course there is a pretty big scar there but that wouldn't be the first one I ever had. 

Bf tried to bandage me up right away but there was too much blood. I could stop it completely w/pressure but i had to do it for like 7 hours before I could let go w/no bleeding.

I changed the bandage today and its closed up really nicely actually. I think all the skin is still alive. I dont think itll scar much even if it does who cares im already covered in them.

13 minutes ago, AstroCreep said:

I didn't read the thread, but I hope you went and had it looked.  I'm no doctor, but that looks like it could use a couple stiches.

Nah i just held til it stopped bleeding then bleached it, covered in iodine, neosporin, bandaids, and tape.