UnevenEdge

The MAL Debacle

BUU8800

9 hours ago, BUU8800 said:

Notifications are now fixed, but they've effectively given up on the forums for the time being, moving them from possibly returning as soon as tomorrow to the dreaded "delayed until further notice" shadow realm while moving on to other small stuff. They claim they "hope" they have more information by the end of next week. Because ya know, fuck wanting to discuss the new shows beginning in the new season from the start. God what a dumpster fire. xD 

I gave y'all a shout out

• Like 4

On 6/25/2018 at 1:20 PM, Mewn said:

Lawlz, yeah it has been annoying.

At least I'm not a super avid animu watcher anymore.

But I do see that the lists work and now profiles are back up, so at least there's that.

Same here.  I've been too busy watching YT videos and playing Pokemon GO.  Plus there's fewer anime shows I'm interested in the last couple years.

Hey that's cool promotion. Honestly though after this whole mess I actually think I've decided to just not watch about 80% of the Summer Anime I was planning to weekly. Just gonna be keeping up with Lupin and Academia(which are Spring holdovers) and Overlord(a Winter holdover) and my most anticipated show of the season, Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs. And again, fuck MAL's garbage. xD 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

...why the hell would a certain site being down determine what you do or don't watch?

There were so many people on Twitter complaining to MAL that they hadn't watched anything since it went down and I'm just sitting there like "remember when I had to keep a motherfucking WORD DOCUMENT to keep track of what I was watching????"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

...why the hell would a certain site being down determine what you do or don't watch?

Because we don't memorize what ep we stopped on. I might be watching 15 shows in one season and if MAL goes down I have no idea where I'm at.

But I don't watch that many at a time anymore.

I understand not watching anime until the actual list is back up if you refuse to go with a second option... but not using the site and watching anything new just because the infamously terrible forums won't be up for you to discuss them? That's kinda ridiculous, don'tcha think?

2 hours ago, Top Gun said:

I assume you're targeting me. Thanks for being a fucking prick btw. I'll promptly add you to my ignore list after responding to this you fucking asshole. Weekly being the key word in my post. I'll still plan to watch everything...eventually. But there's no urgency if I can't discuss it episode by episode. So I might as well let the episodes build up and marathon the shows. But fuck you, again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • D'oh 2

Okay, wow. That was not a warranted response. I've put you on ignore in turn. ;)

All of these people saying that they haven't watched anything at all since MAL went down seems stupid to me in a way that's too extreme to represent with mere words. Why the heck should anyone have to keep track of the shows they've watched? It feels too autistic even for me.

2 hours ago, BUU8800 said:

I assume you're targeting me. Thanks for being a fucking prick btw. I'll promptly add you to my ignore list after responding to this you fucking asshole. Weekly being the key word in my post. I'll still plan to watch everything...eventually. But there's no urgency if I can't discuss it episode by episode. So I might as well let the episodes build up and marathon the shows. But fuck you, again.

What the actual fuck. :D

what in the shit?

giphy.webp

• Like 2

JjJ1GOG.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blatch said:

Why the heck should anyone have to keep track of the shows they've watched? It feels too autistic even for me.

Well sometimes in the event that someone makes a thread where they list all the anime episodes they watched that year, they want to get in on that action.

I mean, that's why I do it.

Well, I guess I think it's reasonable that I'd remember what entire shows I've watched over a long period of time. On the other hand, some streaming services try to make it easier. Crunchyroll keeps track of every episode you watch while logged into an account, so if you're unsure as to if you've watched a show there, you can just go to the show page and it'll tell you if you started and/or which episode you left off on. 

And for the record, I'm also keeping a log of all the anime I'm watching this year, but that's something I wouldn't hold to anyone else. Some people genuinely don't care. :$

So Buu ended up leaving the boards over this? Honestly, I'm smitten. I feel like I wouldn't have openly commented about blocking them if I knew it'd make them upset. Still, considering how other people reacted, it probably wouldn't have made a difference. :S

Oh, he did? That's unfortunate, though given his completely unwarranted asshole response to TG's perfectly reasonable if not slightly backhanded comment, I'm not too burned to see him abandon ship like Elfie did after he acted cutely sarcastic to the wrong admin.

Spoiler

Now all we need is to root Zeni out, and then the anime boards will finally know relative peace.

2 hours ago, Blatch said:

So Buu ended up leaving the boards over this? Honestly, I'm smitten. I feel like I wouldn't have openly commented about blocking them if I knew it'd make them upset. Still, considering how other people reacted, it probably wouldn't have made a difference. :S

I mean he was pretty open about blocking people so I wouldn't be too worried about it. 

I'm still not sure what he was blocking me the first time for. Claiming the Italian soundtrack for Lupin Part 4 wasn't shit despite agreeing it was inferior to the Japanese soundtrack which I've never heard?

Edited by PokeNirvash

Buu blows up now and then. I think he got mad at me one time just for saying Super sucks. He'll probably come back in a few months. He sorta reminds me of Elfie a bit.

And no, you will never root out Zeni. Zeni is an unstoppable formless entity that has existed from a time before humanity began.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread was an eye-opener.

I only keep track of shows I watched for the hell of it, I never realized people were so serious over tracking by the episode. I mostly mark everything as "Watching" until I finish. Hell, some shows I'm "Watching," that I haven't actually watched in years.

Recommendations are back up, but the forums are still down. I'm tired of waiting, so I just PMed the mod for the Anime Watching Challenge my question about the "watch one of the top 5 recommended anime to your favorite" item. So either Durarara!! is fair game and I'll watch Heaven's Memo Pad, or only Eureka seveN is worthy and I'm stuck watching Darling in the FRANXX.

• panic locked this topic