UnevenEdge

Voting tomorrow?

Kudasai

3oEduXYggQUyIrhKpi.gif

LAWL eh, I'm sure it won't pass, I know a lot of againsts.

Honestly that was one of the small ones xD I was surprised the whole death penalty one wasn't reported more.

There were two props on plastic bags and grocery stores too O_o

Indeed. Most indeedly. My polling place is like a 15 min walk but no they ruined it now

If I do decide to go I'm bringing my dog so he can poop on their lawn.

LAWL

Yesh, stick it to the man, poo on their lawn.

Weird that they didn't send your ballot since they did for the primaries.

LAWL

Yesh, stick it to the man, poo on their lawn.

Weird that they didn't send your ballot since they did for the primaries.

I will. The polling place is a fire station but, their lawn will be a casualty. Sorry firemen, but not really

I got scared that you knew that. I forgot I told you things so you'd get on up and rawk the vote

I will. The polling place is a fire station but, their lawn will be a casualty. Sorry firemen, but not really

I got scared that you knew that. I forgot I told you things so you'd get on up and rawk the vote

lololololol.

Yesh, joo informed me :P

See? I voted the main election >.>

Hide me from jury duty!

lololololol.

Yesh, joo informed me :P

See? I voted the main election >.>

Hide me from jury duty!

Good! Now the state gov knows you're here. and never! i hope if you ever get jury duty it's for a case that takes weeks and you end up being sequestered in a hotel so the outside world doesn't influence your deliberation >.>

Good! Now the state gov knows you're here. and never! i hope if you ever get jury duty it's for a case that takes weeks and you end up being sequestered in a hotel so the outside world doesn't influence your deliberation >.>

Welp, this sounds like a case of me murdering Neweh, totz.

PLOT TWIST: I'm on trial, not on jury duty.

Nah, Neweh is a cool cat. :D

Going to vote today after work.

-___- I should have voted early by mail...but I had to wait for my change of address to submit and by that time I forgot...

Gunna get me a sticker and hope the bake sale lady is there this year om nom nom.

I will be. My vote doesn't matter in the presidential election, but there's a bunch of local stuff, too.

thanks mthor, a few of you seem to get it!

its bad enough that people seem to by and large really only take notice when its a presidential election. but then you get the hoards of ignorant twats whom seem to believe thats the only thing to decide on in the entire ballot. forget all the proposals, state, and local representatives that might be on that. its not like thats what makes the biggest difference or anything.

then errrrrbody wants to blame someone else when one or more of those people/proposals effect themselves or their locality in a negative way. the way i see it, if you don't vote for anything, you have zero rights to bitch about the outcome. or by all mean do bitch, but don't expect people to take your opinions seriously when you did exactly nothing to attempt to prevent it.

thanks mthor, a few of you seem to get it!

its bad enough that people seem to by and large really only take notice when its a presidential election. but then you get the hoards of ignorant twats whom seem to believe thats the only thing to decide on in the entire ballot. forget all the proposals, state, and local representatives that might be on that. its not like thats what makes the biggest difference or anything.

then errrrrbody wants to blame someone else when one or more of those people/proposals effect themselves or their locality in a negative way. the way i see it, if you don't vote for anything, you have zero rights to bitch about the outcome. or by all mean do bitch, but don't expect people to take your opinions seriously when you did exactly nothing to attempt to prevent it.

That was one of the first lessons my kids learned - if you don't vote, you can't complain.  ;)

Unless all the options suck, or your voter registration failed to go through, or the registration deadline was months before the election for some reason {LOOKING AT YOU NEW YORK WHAT THE HELL}.  I see "if you don't vote, you can't complain" as a grand silencer of dissent, paired with "well you voted for that bad thing, so you can't bitch about that bad thing".  I'm looking at writing the winners of the presidential and Congressional contests to urge on some priorities -- and now that I think about it, I should've abstained from local elections and proposals since I'm an absentee voter and thus not directly affected.  Like it or not, Presidential elections are what the masses in general notice, and we'll just trot out this same mess cycle after cycle.  Embrace the suck.

Unless all the options suck, or your voter registration failed to go through, or the registration deadline was months before the election for some reason {LOOKING AT YOU NEW YORK WHAT THE HELL}.  I see "if you don't vote, you can't complain" as a grand silencer of dissent, paired with "well you voted for that bad thing, so you can't bitch about that bad thing".  I'm looking at writing the winners of the presidential and Congressional contests to urge on some priorities -- and now that I think about it, I should've abstained from local elections and proposals since I'm an absentee voter and thus not directly affected.  Like it or not, Presidential elections are what the masses in general notice, and we'll just trot out this same mess cycle after cycle.  Embrace the suck.

How is it a silencer of dissent? It's about the process - who or what you vote for doesn't matter; it's a matter of putting your money where your mouth is.