UnevenEdge

Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Mix

Honest opinion

maybe mayweather could have ended the fight alot sooner

But MacGregor lasted longer then i thought going 10 was suprising to some , if he had a bit more boxing experience and better stamina he could have gone the full 12, he would have still lost tho

Dude got gassed and just couldn't defend himself kept running and getting hit

Honest opinion

maybe mayweather could have ended the fight alot sooner

But MacGregor lasted longer then i thought going 10 was suprising to some , if he had a bit more boxing experience and better stamina he could have gone the full 12, he would have still lost tho

Dude got gassed and just couldn't defend himself kept running and getting hit

what? You said it would go to decision... :D

40 year old Mayweather definitely looked diminished though...I don't think he could beat a legit contender now...definitely not coming out of retirement again

i lost $50 on this shit but oh well, would've wanted to see it atleast go to decision so maybe they'd have an mma bout, but rip that.

:D

apparently 92% of the bets were on McGregor....

BUT, 81% of the money wagered was on Mayweather...

The average Mayweather bet was 50 times as big as the average Mcgregor bet...

:D

apparently 92% of the bets were on McGregor....

BUT, 81% of the money wagered was on Mayweather...

The average Mayweather bet was 50 times as big as the average Mcgregor bet...

The sharps were all over Mayweather like that guy who wagered $1,000,000. The public hates Mayweather and didn't realize how slow Conor's hands looked and how awkward his punches were in that first boxing video he released (seriously PAWING your straights? You could just tell he doesn't have a natural feel for boxing. I've seen amateurs who know how to throw Tyson hooks instinctively)

If I lived in Vegas and had $$ saved up, I would have definitely thrown a bunch on PBF by TKO at 4/7.  The only thing that kinda surprised me was how Mayweather didn't pick.him apart with his jab in the early rounds. I know he wanted to draw it out, but I still thought he'd want to put on a clinic every round.

I can see why mcgregor is a little mad with the fight being called

if hes standing he wants to continue fighting

No he has to say that to save face....the same reason why he said Nate Diaz beat him because he was "4 times his size"...he can never just say he lost

In the contracts drawn up for this fight, it was specifically stated that there would be no standing 8 counts...I assume that was done to help McGregor as he thought he would be in the position Floyd was in and didn't want Floyd saved by a standing count since a knockout was widely recognized as his only chance for victory...

Another 2 minutes (time remaining in that round) would have yielded the same result, but with much more extensive brain damage 

The sharps were all over Mayweather like that guy who wagered $1,000,000. The public hates Mayweather and didn't realize how slow Conor's hands looked and how awkward his punches were in that first boxing video he released (seriously PAWING your straights? You could just tell he doesn't have a natural feel for boxing. I've seen amateurs who know how to throw Tyson hooks instinctively)

If you don't consider McGregor a natural then your bar is pretty dang high  :-\

If I lived in Vegas and had $$ saved up, I would have definitely thrown a bunch on PBF by TKO at 4/7.  The only thing that kinda surprised me was how Mayweather didn't pick.him apart with his jab in the early rounds. I know he wanted to draw it out, but I still thought he'd want to put on a clinic every round.

Mayweather is 40 years old....I think because of who he is, everyone, including me, just let this fact slide....The Mayweather who just fought couldn't beat a legit contender....He's not Bernard Hopkins, his style of fighting doesn't age well....he's lost his tools

His jab looked nice, but when I think of natural boxers I think of guys with explosive reflexes and/or pure power. So, I generally think of a technical, speed fighter like Roy Jones Jr. or Sugar Ray or I think of a heavy hitter who can just go in and blow the lid off of somebody like a schoolyard bully such as Marciano or Tyson. 

If he doesn't have lightning fast hands in his boxing video or he isn't heavy handed and launching his weight into his punches such that they look devastating, I don't consider him a natural talent, and McGregor's hand speed is definitely below average for 154, and he doesn't know how to hit hard with boxing gloves because he throws from such weird angles, and not just the weird overhand hammers, but those loopy uppercuts too.

i lost $50 on this shit but oh well, would've wanted to see it atleast go to decision so maybe they'd have an mma bout, but rip that.

This was probably the easiest bet to win money off of. Why would you do this?

I watched some of the fight, got bored, and then turned to boxing on HBO. This was a good decision for me because I was a lot more entertained.

Mayweather is 40 years old....I think because of who he is, everyone, including me, just let this fact slide....The Mayweather who just fought couldn't beat a legit contender....He's not Bernard Hopkins, his style of fighting doesn't age well....he's lost his tools

I think the best version of Mayweather was the 1998-2005 version with the all-time hand speed, foot speed, and head movement that made him dominate 130 and 135, plus he had great punching power at those weight classes to boot. I think he's been less impressive since moving to welterweight, save the Hatton and Marquez fights. I don't marvel at his welterweight and junior middleweight history because of how carefully he picked opponents. His legacy would have been different if he had been a come one, come all, old school fighter who didn't care about fighting prime 27 year old monsters with 28-0 records with 26 KOs and such instead of a "let me book the safe fights that I'll be a strong favorite in at this weight class" guy.

His jab looked nice, but when I think of natural boxers I think of guys with explosive reflexes and/or pure power. So, I generally think of a technical, speed fighter like Roy Jones Jr. or Sugar Ray or I think of a heavy hitter who can just go in and blow the lid off of somebody like a schoolyard bully such as Marciano or Tyson. 

If he doesn't have lightning fast hands in his boxing video or he isn't heavy handed and launching his weight into his punches such that they look devastating, I don't consider him a natural talent, and McGregor's hand speed is definitely below average for 154, and he doesn't know how to hit hard with boxing gloves because he throws from such weird angles, and not just the weird overhand hammers, but those loopy uppercuts too.

I can go more in depth into this but i'm tired and it's been a long night, so i'm just going to say "you're wrong, just trust me on you being wrong....thank you, good night"  :)

Nah, I'm right lol. McGregor's hands are so darn slow, and how did nobody ever teach him how to generate torque power and throw straights and hooks? Comes naturally and he has an awkward frame, so I guess the loopy shots are just what his body allows him to throw. Works in the UFC when you've got those mittens on your hands, but those things end up looking telegraphed in boxing gloves.

And nobody would ever watch a fight between him and Malignaggi. Malignaggi hits like a flyweight.