UnevenEdge

Friends with a bigot?

Mix

so lets say you made a new friend and even though you haven't known this person long, you're hitting it off....you have tons in common...

and everything's going great till you find out they're intolerant of a particular group of people....overtly intolerant....

you make your position known, you're against it 100%...

they want to still be friends....do you?

i dunno. im still friends with trump supporters but ive known them for decades... well except one guy who got mad and blocked me AND my brother lol... he unblocked me but wont answer my message asking why he blocked me after our argument over trump

i'm too sleep deprived for this, Fuggs...

Idk, I try to avoid people outside of professional settings at all costs.

Don't think I have got to know anyone other than business colleagues and clients in years.

So I guess my answer is, I wouldn't talk to them anymore....

crap, you're a better person than me....I was kinda hoping for the "show tolerance to the intolerant" bs you hear on talk radio or where ever...

I stopped being friends with a kid in college because when we would drink at the house he would always have to go to his car and grab his ipod to plug it in and try and make us listen to his shit music.

No way I was being tolerant anymore..... he dropped out and joined the army.....

I stopped being friends with a kid in college because when we would drink at the house he would always have to go to his car and grab his ipod to plug it in and try and make us listen to his shit music.

No way I was being tolerant anymore..... he dropped out and joined the army.....

>:D

that's savage...

I imagine you dissolved the friendship by just locking the front door when he went to get his ipod out of his car....he got the message when he couldn't get back in....plus you'd ofcourse be flipping him off from the window just so there are no misunderstandings....

Yep. I think if I were to chose to cut out everyone who was intolerant to ANY lgbt people, OR muslims, OR mexican immigrants, I would be isolated in my own little world with only the Internet as my only way of communicating with the outside world.  S:

tough call  :D

history will remember your choice  :|

:fap:

tough call  :D

history will remember your choice  :|

:fap:

I clicked all the spoilers.  :fap:

But Naraku4656[/member] makes a good point, if they bring it up all the time that could very easily be a deal breaker.

No. There are billions of people out there, so it's easy to find better friends. Also, being intolerant of only one group is always a lie. There's gonna turn out to be a second, third, etc. if you stick around them long enough to find out.

where exactly are these "better" friends.....tinder? I'll check tinder >.>

I have sex with my friends  :|

Depends how much of a bigot they are.

Rarely bring it up? Don't care

Bring it up everyday? No

:D

I can't quite figure why I laughed at this post...

you're just a middle of the road guy, aren't ya...mild salsa, intermediate pilates, and radio edit songs.......it's beautiful

Do I seem the passive-aggressive type?

I'd probably also slowly cut them out of my life.

best way I could put it.....you seem like a guy who could very easily turn out to be a super intelligent cat.....if that makes sense

giphy.gif

They'd have the opportunity to change their hearts or lose me as a friend. It's not about me trying to save the world or anything. I just don't want to have that shit in my life.

what if it's Ellen....and she wants you to co-host her show?

be honest

where exactly are these "better" friends.....tinder? I'll check tinder >.>

I have sex with my friends  :|

I hang out in writing, drawing, and anime circles, so it's easy for me to run into a lot of cool folks who don't feel the need to hate innocent people.

My God, Mix! You have sex with your friends? Scandalous!

Probably not.

I don't consider myself responsible for teaching them anything nor do I feel that I as an individual would be able to effectively do it -- but by the same token I feel if I just glossed over it for who they are as a person I would be enabling something that is a real issue that has an effect on the livelihoods of people, even if this person is not taking an active part in it.

There's also just me not wanting to have that kind of thing in my personal life. I think for these people to change the decision has to come from themselves; they have to want to see the world/people as they actually are instead of some filtered phenomena of limited perception.

And I, as a white guy who has had a very generous life, can't plant that honestly.

:D

I can't quite figure why I laughed at this post...

you're just a middle of the road guy, aren't ya...mild salsa, intermediate pilates, and radio edit songs.......it's beautiful

radio edit? i never listen to edited stuff. and i like medium salsa and i've never done pilates