UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

To Your Eternity S2E6-9
Re:Stage! Dream Days 4-7 (7 new)

Only took me four days this month to watch more episodes of anime than I did the previous two combined. Not bad. And now I need just one more episode to top off my next omnibus. I know I'll probably incur the wrath of God by saying this, but my next content ratings post should be ready no later than Tuesday.

Redo of Healer 5 (rewatch)
Lupin the 3rd: Part IV 8 (rewatch)
Patapata Hikousen no Bouken 13

Spoiler

jam #16 direction analysis, round 2. The main takeaways: Toshihiko Masuda storyboards like you'd expect an animator by trade would, using different forms of motion in his establishing shots and making certain that action is portrayed in a fashion that isn't cutting corners to a blatant degree. (Also, those aerial satellite cam establishing shots in Lupin were sick as fuck.) Hodaka Kuramoto, meanwhile, is a more subtle directrix, never having one specific tell, but occasionally implementing the "smash cut to black, fade in from black" scene transition method.

I look forward to seeing how well these tics carry over to Kyuuketsuki-san and Mobuseka come round 3.

10 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Redo of Healer 5 (rewatch)
Lupin the 3rd: Part IV 8 (rewatch)
Patapata Hikousen no Bouken 13

Reveal hidden contents

jam #16 direction analysis, round 2. The main takeaways: Toshihiko Masuda storyboards like you'd expect an animator by trade would, using different forms of motion in his establishing shots and making certain that action is portrayed in a fashion that isn't cutting corners to a blatant degree. (Also, those aerial satellite cam establishing shots in Lupin were sick as fuck.) Hodaka Kuramoto, meanwhile, is a more subtle directrix, never having one specific tell, but occasionally implementing the "smash cut to black, fade in from black" scene transition method.

I look forward to seeing how well these tics carry over to Kyuuketsuki-san and Mobuseka come round 3.

Why would anyone watch Redo of Healer twice??

• Haha 1

takt op.Destiny 12 (end)
The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls U149 1

Fucking finally. And U149 is looking as good as I'd expected, even if it gets a slight penalty for not being an adaptation of the manga.

Spoiler

Our good friend James Beckett said he thought Anna's transformation into Destiny right at the end of the show was an ass pull, but while I can see why someone would say that, I love it. My personal theory is that, after Destiny turned into a little memory unit (and Cosette was the one that actually died), Anna was able to use it presumably temporarily to turn into Destiny, and she can transform into her and back at will. This begs the question of what would happen if a male used the memory unit: would her essence be transposed with their gender, or would they just put on the dress and rose-themed high heels? :LithiumSmileyBlushing:

Also, while he didn't really jibe with Sagan's final speech and ultimate motivations, they seem pretty obvious to me: he's an accelerationist. Why bother having to suffer through late-stage D2 disaster capitalism when you have the chance to get it over with and have them sacrifice the whole North American continent? Modern politics transposed onto my animu: you love to see it.

So yeah, that was a nice show. Seems the developers have taken the Umamusume route of "the longer the game is delayed, the better it's gonna be", but what it not turn out that way and crash and burn a year in.

Edited by Blatch
Thinks this works better than underlining it.

My Home Hero 11

Spoiler

Kyoichi may still be my least favorite character on account of he's more of a jerk than I was hoping he'd be, but even then, without a doubt, Yoshitatsu is easily the most detestable character in this show. Then again, that's to be expected out of someone who would unironically threaten to turn someone's immediate family into casualties from a Mark Millar comic.

11 minutes ago, eklipse said:

How was it?  I always meant to watch it one day (it was on [as] wasn’t it?)

Yep. I've just gotten around to watching it. It's really good. Definitely have to watch it once if you haven't.

• Like 1

The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls U149 2-7

Spoiler

Boy, they really pulled out the stops for Koharu's episode. Nice chance of pace that it's more whimsical than what's come before, plus she got her new song plus an OneCin solo, and Karin cameoed. Although at this point, I think I only like the latter because I have a shrine maiden fetish.

[time for my own seven-night residency]

Yakitori: Soldiers of Misfortune 1-4.  Apparently it's based on a sci-fi novel?  The action is pretty good, but it feels like a small part of a much larger world, even with the flashbacks.  Maybe that's the idea.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun S3 ep 3

Spoiler

I forgot how much I hated the pink haired gal.  She would definitely

go to the annoying tsundere island I mentally put all tsunderes at until they die.

I know they explained why she is the way she is but I still hate her guts.  My MAL score for

this show went down because of her.  It was originally 8 or 9 and now it's 7.

https://unevenedge.com/uploads/monthly_2023_06/image.png.c66abe32e34159585da247d335c6b3a9.png