UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead 7
FLCL Grunge 1

Holy shit I think I actually kinda like this.

Spoiler

Pillows songs I was able to spot: "One Life", "Stalker", "Sad Sad Kiddie", "Where Do I Go?" (this one required some lyric searching), "Sleepy Head" and "Blues Drive Monster". Hopefully someone's working on compiling a list.

FMA Brotherhood 55 - END

Chimera Cut cancelled.

Not that it can't be done with some editing wizardry; it's more-so that the final few episodes' display of on-the-nose shonenisms and saccrine heart-on-it's-sleeve wholesomeness honestly drag it down a peg. It's satisfying, but in a narrow and cheesy way.

While I think I prefer '03 overall if it weren't for the ABYSMAL ending, revisiting the two series as a whole have given me the realization that even if I were to edit the two series together, it'd still be imperfect (and kind of a tonal 180). Plus, as I said, the entirety of '03 including the anime original stuff bangs pretty hard outside the shit sandwich that is the real world stuff in the finale / movie.

Instead [since I started the color correction process already], I might just make a "Criterion" remaster of '03 and edit the final episodes to excise the real world stuff and form a Kubrickian "what does this mean?" kind of ending.

EDIT: NVM I'm continuing the fuck out of this edit. Will need to do some A.I. work as well as some some actual animation for a few frames of one specific episode.

Edited by MasqueradeOverture

FLCL Grunge 3

Not as shabby as everyone says, but that's just me. I'd put it above Progressive in the franchise rankings.

Spoiler

RECOGNIZED PILLOWS SONGS: "Smile", "Runner's High", "Funny Bunny", "Bran-new Lovesong", "Sleepy Head", "Last Dinosaur", "I Think I Can", "Sayonara Universe".

FLCL Alternative 6 (end)
Spy×Family S1E23
FLCL Shoegaze 1 (live)
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless 6
Touhou Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~The Memories of Phantasm~ 4

Hey, guess what? New ratings omnibus this week. For reals. I also plan on posting multiple Memories of Phantasm reviews. Get however hyped for this as you want.

[and the new digs are looking good]

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle: Rhyme Anima PLUS 1

I've missed these boys. The new teams will take a little getting used to, Nagoya moreso than Osaka.

Spoiler

And for whatever reason, Samatoki's sister being in with Japan's femdom overlords (who totally didn't obtain power through the electoral process, as it turns out) pisses me off.

Zom 100 2-4.

It’s weird.  I got back into this because of how utterly godawful the last few pseudo-anime Netflix have released were.  Captain Laserhawk is everything wrong with ironic PC animation and Nocturne was the shits, but the actual from Japan anime they get is good stuff.