UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

On 10/26/2023 at 8:15 PM, PokeNirvash said:

iDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA 1

Hey, someone had to.

Berigoo! I have this show on DVD, but I wasn't planning on watching it until seeing all the other iM@S shows, and given my standoffishness on all things Cinderella Girls right now, that doesn't seem like it's going to happen for a while. I earnestly await your content ratings recaps of it.

FLCL Shoegaze 2/3 (end)
The Idolm@ster Million Live! 1-3
Touhou Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~The Memories of Phantasm~ 5/6

Shoegaze was eh, though I didn't think the ending was as deporable as other people did.

Spoiler

If nothing else, Masaki turned out alright. He may still be a societal outcast, but at least he's got Atomsk. Hopefully he uses his new pet's presumable timeline-hopping powers for good.

17 hours ago, Blatch said:

Shoegaze was eh, though I didn't think the ending was as deporable as other people did.

I was already on the fence about watching it without preptime, but that secondhand assessment - that word used as a secondhand assessment - may have just put me back another week.

Kengan Ashura 25

• Confused 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:02 PM, PokeNirvash said:

I was already on the fence about watching it without preptime, but that secondhand assessment - that word used as a secondhand assessment - may have just put me back another week.

Oof, sorry about that. Shouldn't have gone with such charged language there; I was just preoccupied with using it in some situation.

The Idolm@ster Million Live! 4

Kengan Ashura 26
FLCL Shoegaze 3

Okay, that was not "deplorable".

Spoiler

Though I can totally see transphobes calling it that 'cause of the whole "Harumi was originally a guy or at the very least a tomboy going down the transmasc pipeline" thing they were hinting at.

Also, kudos for managing to squeeze both Moonlight Mile EDs into the soundtrack. Suck ass, Carl Kimlinger! :happyjerk:

I don't think I'm ready to give a final placement for this one yet, but all I can say is, they did it right the second time with these sequels. Even if they still fail to hold a candle to the OG.

• Like 1

Attack on Titan: The Final Season 29 (The Final Chapters Part 1)

Spoiler

Hange's death was gloriously moving and I'd probably have cried at her reunion with the other fallen scouts in the afterlife were that the sort of thing to come easy for me when watching media. By contrast, that drawn-out bit where the two vaguely Muslim boys were graphically crushed to death by the Wall Titans and their carnage as Eren apologized profusely in voiceover - hell, the graphic nature of the Rumbling in general - was far too much and almost enough for me to consider this the worst anime of 2023 on impulse. (I'm reserving that dishonor for that one episode of My Hero. You know the one.)

Can you believe I'm only two-thirds done with this one yet?

The iDOLM@STER Million Live! 6
Himegoto 7-9

Wasn't planning on watching the latter, but a couple nights ago I had a dream that I blew off work to see Himegoto: The Movie, which was apparently a Big Damn Movie take on the series. 18+ got killed in it! Now I really want it to be a thing. I'll have to fit it in between my ideas for Touhou fanfictions and the original anime I've been wanting to write up.