UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Excel Saga 1 - 4

So... that fried my brain a little. I wonder how many times Excel's VAs (both the English and Japanese, but especially the English one -- OMG her voice is like nails on a chalkboard screeching sometimes) lost their voices throughout recording for this. I'd wager easily at least half a dozen for each of them.

Dorohedoro Episode 5

I would have had the same reaction to "Bully sandwich". Really happy they showed the toilet because I was super curious how it worked. The world building in this series is phenomenal. If I had the money, I would buy up the manga in a heartbeat because I can tell the art must be awesome.

Edited by DragonSinger

On 4/3/2020 at 4:33 PM, Delaclease said:

Listeners 1

Just checked this out too.

Really liked this first ep, great start to studio MAPPA's new mecha show with Dai Sato (E7, Bebop, etc). Looks gorgeous so far and the story themes and music focus giving me some E7/FLCL vibes.

Really promising dub cast in the first ep that they got recorded back before everything got put on hold too, may end up watching it twice if it keeps it up and I decide not to wait to keep watching.

• Like 1

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! 11
Gungrave 16

Spoiler

Sometimes you don't need to give a character a flashback of their entire history the episode they die in order to seal their fate. Making them the focus of the episode when they were previously a bit player does the job just as well.

Excel Saga 9 - 12

Wow, gotta give this show some credit. It did what I thought was truly impossible; it somehow made bowling fun to watch. Trying to follow all of the dialogue though is a real pain. I swear Excel talks faster than the Micro Machine guy. I'm not even halfway through and I'm already wearing out my thumb from hitting rewind so much.