UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Gankutsuou 5 - 24

As anticipated, that was amazing. Loved the art style with how it made the characters' hair and clothes seem almost alive at times in a weird way. It was a bit distracting at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly, probably thanks to how immersive the story is and how I was at least partially familiar with it from the Hollywood movie version with Jim Caviezel. Wish they made more shows like this one.

I saw the first episode of Speed Grapher a little over a decade ago on a whim. I never really got back to it (yet), but I remember liking half of what I saw and being disturbed by the other half. Though it was more Saiga getting boners from taking pictures in warzones and Ginza threatening to use her gun while flirting with him that disturbed me than the ballet dancer who broke a little girl's arm to prove a very vague point or the scenes in and around the underground fetish club Saiga snuck into.

By the way, the word you're looking for is "perverts", not "pedophiles". Two distinguishably different concepts that only occasionally overlap, like "sexism" and "misogyny".

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! 8

Tsubame's parents were way cooler than I expected, but man do I fucking hate that sharktoothed bitch from the student council who clearly only existed to serve as an obstacle for the Eizouken's anime screening. There should've been a scene where she tried to nab Mizusaki after the screening only to be stopped by the blacksuits working for her parents. Not only would it have been an improvement on the episode, it'd have made for some damn good irony.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:44 AM, PokeNirvash said:

By the way, the word you're looking for is "perverts", not "pedophiles". Two distinguishably different concepts that only occasionally overlap, like "sexism" and "misogyny".

Heh, good point. I mostly said that because I got major Epstein vibes from the secret society. 🤧