UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Excel Saga 13 - 17

Hm, Excel's new English VA is actually a bit easier to follow. She seems to speak a little slower than Jessica Calvello, and isn't anywhere near as screechy, though that could just be because where I'm at she had just taken over and had yet to have her vocal cords thorougly decimated from playing the part all that much thus far. Her seiyuu seems to talk even faster though amazingly. I can only surmise she managed to make it through the role intact due to her greater vocal fortitude and experience. As the "Japanimation" episode made clear, she played Sailor Moon, so she'd obviously been in the business for quite a while already.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

Excel Saga 21 - 26

Well that was certainly somethin... somethin... well it was somethin. Uh huh. Probably the wackiest series I'd say I've ever seen at the very least. I was actually a little disappointed though they didn't go through with making the whole final, final episode into a muscial one like they suggested they were going to do at the start of it. Alas.

Funny though, I actually started to think over that last stretch of episodes that maybe Jessica Calvello came back to voice Excel. Her replacement Larissa Wolcott must have gotten more comfortable with the role it seems and picked up her pace and got more screechy sounding from the strain along the way. Guess everyone starts to sound a bit the same when they're talking a mile a minute.

Durarararararararararararararara! 1 - 3

I was wondering what the title meant, and was kind of afraid to look it up thinking it me be some type of spoiler, but I did anyway and laughed when I read that it was just something the creator came up with out of the blue and that it had no meaning whatsoever. And here I thought FLCL was about the weirdest one ever.

Durarara! 4 - 9

Huh, not quite what I was expecting so far. Thought this would be more of an action show since it aired on AS a while back. It's one of the few shows on the block I never watched, since I had already bought the DVDs when it was picked up. Also, it seems pretty surprisingly straightforward narrative-wise for something coming from the same guy who came up with Bacaano. Doesn't detract at all from my enjoying it, especially the music which is awesome, but I wonder how AS ever wound up getting this since it seems quite a bit outside their traditional fare. Did they ever air season 2? From how long I remember it being part of the lineup, I don't think they ever did, but I'm not really sure.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

From what I heard, Aniplex paid [as] to air DRRR and it didn't do all that well in the ratings. Still, watching it with the ASMB was some of the most fun I had watching an anime on [as]. It'd have been a worthy last new anime for the block to have ever aired, had they not gone with the option of reviving Toonami.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1