UnevenEdge

Favorite era?

jackiemarie90

Well, since you failed to specify, I'm just gonna talk about Civilization. I'd say the midway points of the Renaissance Era and Industrial Era are my favorite. It's usually when all countries finally meet each other and form a World Congress and shit starts to get serious. My least favorite era is the Ancient Era. Boring and very slow, and barbarians are annoying.

:\

Well, since you failed to specify, I'm just gonna talk about Civilization. I'd say the midway points of the Renaissance Era and Industrial Era are my favorite. It's usually when all countries finally meet each other and form a World Congress and shit starts to get serious. My least favorite era is the Ancient Era. Boring and very slow, and barbarians are annoying.

:\

I meant to leave it vague to hear unique interpretations such as your own. :)

Ohhh that is specific, and little combo of the ones I mentioned. Like pre industrial and reconstruction.

Modern being 1500 - 1815 I find interesting. It had all kinds of stuff going on, and Europe even had it's own ice age which is why it's snowing in just about every single old story form the period, because for 200 years you had 2 spring like months then snow the rest of the year.  Also a lot of interesting innovations going on, and wars were still done with swords.

There are great events and terrible events with every era.  I would say '60s (the music, the optimism), but then there's Nam, assassinations, civil unrest, cold war....

I'll stick with what I have, thanks.

True dat homie. Also openly experimenting with drugs was more socially acceptable, although, I strongly suggest follow the don't do it unless it grows from the ground. :P

Modern being 1500 - 1815 I find interesting. It had all kinds of stuff going on, and Europe even had it's own ice age which is why it's snowing in just about every single old story form the period, because for 200 years you had 2 spring like months then snow the rest of the year.  Also a lot of interesting innovations going on, and wars were still done with swords.

I like the steampunk innvotations, but I would love to be in Venice during the baroque age, it was super wealthy with trade and full of artists, but be able to come back to modern times. xD

True dat homie. Also openly experimenting with drugs was more socially acceptable, although, I strongly suggest follow the don't do it unless it grows from the ground. :P

Ever hear of the folklore behind "MDA" (the love drug)?  Purportedly some college students came up with the stuff.  Not wanting to "test" their new drug on unsuspecting friends, they tested it on themselves.  In the euphoria that followed, they gave away all the pills they had to anyone that happened across their path.

When they came out of their drug induced bliss, they realized that they had neglected to write down the "recipe" and were not able to remember or mimic what they had created.

God question.

Modern, at least being middle class or up. A lot of draw backs in this era, but some awesome things like endless entertainment, and information at our finger tips.

It's a decent age in medicine, most things are treatable, and we've even been able to give things like hearing and sight back to people, not to forget things like high end prosthesis that imitate real nerve sensation in the appendage, and so much more.

If I could jump ahead, if there is still civilizations to about 50-100 years I think would also be an amazing time to live, as long as the threat of global warming is taken seriously as it should be, being the greatest threat to almost all life on the planet.

I think Romanticism would be my 2nd, it was a great time to be alive as well if you were lucky enough at birth to be born into a decent family, and stature. Same could be said about Renaissance, great eras of information and discovery if you were in the right places.