UnevenEdge

Remember Alien Ant Farm?

7 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Annie, are you okay?

Are you okay, Annie?

When the only thing you remember about a band is a song they didn’t even write, that’s not good.

I was disappointed to learn that was a cover, especially of a non metal song, because that type of guitar riff was SORELY lacking in the hard rock/metal scene of the time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Insipid said:

As your girlfriend, I demand you stop talking about dad rock and we listen to Taylor Swift's Tortured Poets Department on Spotify, immediately.

Hey. Where's my sandwich?

10 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Annie, are you okay?

Are you okay, Annie?

When the only thing you remember about a band is a song they didn’t even write, that’s not good.

see I dont necessarily agree to that. They did a service to that song, it was a stand alone rendition. I actually like theirs more than MJs, whereas some other remakes of his shit are just that....shit

unless we talkin bout weird al....

Edited by Still Me
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Still Me said:

see I dont necessarily agree to that. They did a service to that song, it was a stand alone rendition. I actually like theirs more than MJs, whereas some other remakes of his shit are just that....shit

unless we talkin bout weird al....

I was mostly just joking around.

I do agree with you, but I still stubbornly stick by what I said.

On 4/24/2024 at 12:14 AM, The_annoying_one said:

Annie, are you okay?

Are you okay, Annie?

Saw them perform this live

by the University of Arkansas, back in 2011ish? We were in Fayetteville for something, and ended up on Dickson St (a good 3 mile stretch of road that is all bars) we kept walking by this outdoor venue with a sign that said "alien ant farm" and no one thought anything of it because no one had heard of them in a decade. We kind of just figured it was some weird college cover band, until about the 4th time we walked by and finally asked the bouncer.

My buddy then paid the $10 cover charge for all 5 of us, we walked in and they announced they were singing one last song and it was this.

Literally, walked right up to the front of the stage and stood about 4 feet away from the band as they played this

Granted.. we were pretty gone at that point, so it's quite possible it was a little more crowded than I remember and we just kind of... moved our way up to the front, but I do remember everyone having a lot of space between them ( I normally don't do concerts for that reason, I don't like being squished in with people)

tl:dr randomly saw them play this live in the early 2010's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1