UnevenEdge

Live Action Yu Yu Hakusho drops first trailer

Jman

One Piece bought these LA remakes some wiggle room, but this looks like a step down in terms of production quality from Bebop.

I wonder if these do better in Japan in general though. They went full steam ahead with FMA and Bleach and they both kind of dodged any serious scrutiny in the states.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's out, and it's currently #3 on US Netflix behind The Crown and My Life with the Walter Boys, which seems similar to Alice in Borderland's trajectory.

Anyway, the show rushes through the manga at warp speed, but is otherwise considered pretty good?  The fight scenes are getting a lot of praise, and there's no "Welcome to the Ouch!" style San Francisco bullshit.

On 12/16/2023 at 3:04 PM, Jman said:

It's out, and it's currently #3 on US Netflix behind The Crown and My Life with the Walter Boys, which seems similar to Alice in Borderland's trajectory.

Anyway, the show rushes through the manga at warp speed, but is otherwise considered pretty good?  The fight scenes are getting a lot of praise, and there's no "Welcome to the Ouch!" style San Francisco bullshit.

San Francisco?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Why? He's a good writer who usually makes solid points. 

Here I was thinking it was because he was a huge fan of the anime and took the changes harder than others might have.  Which I think...is a perfectly valid criticism.  The show does try to squeeze way too much into too little time. But I think if you're unaware of that context the show works.  

I think the show is a solid B myself thanks to the acting and fights, but B- is also fair.  It's not the F that Bebop was.

9 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Why? He's a good writer who usually makes solid points. 

I'm not a fan of caustic critics, that's all, especially when I even sorta like the stuff they dunk on. Neurodivergent impulse, go figure. :extremeindifferent:

(I know, terrible argument to make concerning a J-drama I haven't seen an episode of that he's approaching in a different manner from something like Fruit of Evolution.)

Edited by PokeNirvash