UnevenEdge

what the hell with the marine corp

ghostrek

2 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

what the fuck ?

there a lot of good marines out there  i know  that   there  my borther   is a marine  back in 1990s

but the fuck no matter what story is true  but dose not make the us military look good  at all

Edited by ghostrek

All I can say is when it comes to recruiting from what I remember seeing... like everyone I talked to joining the marines or trying to also had low asvab scores... Take that with a grain of salt because a do know plenty of marines that didn't have barley passing gt scores it's just I don't think the marine corps has ever actively sought out the nations brightest....

BUT in the Marine Corps defense from experience serving in the army in aviation and military intelligence which is incredibly cross corps/agencies the marine corps seemed to crack down on stuff like this way more than the Army.. Like for instance here's a personal anecdote. One of the marines I had classes with got caught with spice in his car and was straight up terminated for it when I got arrested for smoking it openly with some of my peers off duty at a smoke pit on base right after classes.

Though the mp's that arrested us were incredibly mad that whatever test they did only yielded Damiana leaves.... Long story short this was back before there were ANY laws federal or otherwise prohibiting the JWH substances so they had to just let us go with less than a slap on the wrist. The marine guy told me or one of his peers (I can't remember) that he was being court-martialed just for having it in his car. I never saw the dude again he was straight up cancelled for it... 

All that said I feel the need to say that rape seems to be a never ending problem in armed forces communities even though from my experience leadership emphasized the issue to the point training schedules and other duty related schedules were scrapped for like ALL DAY SHARP TRAINING..

.https://www.armyresilience.army.mil/sharp/pages/professional.html

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
tried to condense idfk..

20 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

All I can say is when it comes to recruiting from what I remember seeing... like everyone I talked to joining the marines or trying to also had low asvab scores... Take that with a grain of salt because a do know plenty of marines that didn't have barley passing gt scores it's just I don't think the marine corps has ever actively sought out the nations brightest....

BUT in the Marine Corps defense from experience serving in the army in aviation and military intelligence which is incredibly cross corps/agencies the marine corps seemed to crack down on stuff like this way more than the Army.. Like for instance here's a personal anecdote. One of the marines I had classes with got caught with spice in his car and was straight up terminated for it when I got arrested for smoking it openly with some of my peers off duty at a smoke pit on base right after classes.

Though the mp's that arrested us were incredibly mad that whatever test they did only yielded Damiana leaves.... Long story short this was back before there were ANY laws federal or otherwise prohibiting the JWH substances so they had to just let us go with less than a slap on the wrist. The marine guy told me or one of his peers (I can't remember) that he was being court-martialed just for having it in his car. I never saw the dude again he was straight up cancelled for it... 

All that said I feel the need to say that rape seems to be a never ending problem in armed forces communities even though from my experience leadership emphasized the issue to the point training schedules and other duty related schedules were scrapped for like ALL DAY SHARP TRAINING..

what the hell  having low asvab scores has to do with know rigth from wrong

by the way i am moral  man over all i got 13 on ASVAB

i all so know yes marines have issues with this stuff it dose in impact with people staying in the military i remember my  borther geting out and not re enlisted bif he did he would been sent to japan rigth after  okinawa rape  Scandal   the sad thing is he was a MP

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

what the hell  having low asvab scores has to do with know rigth from wrong

by the way i am moral  man over all i got 13 on ASVAB

i all so know yes marines have issues with this stuff it dose in impact with people staying in the military i remember my  borther geting out and not re enlisted bif he did he would been sent to japan rigth after  okinawa rape  Scandal   the sad thing is he was a MP

@PhilosipherStoned why the sad thing ?

1 minute ago, ghostrek said:

no it not but the marines need to hold them self to moral Standard

Ghosty…. There are over a 100,000 Marines.  Even if this is as bad as it sounds, the actions of one Marine does not indicate a greater issue in the entire service.

Also, a 13?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Ghosty…. There are over a 100,000 Marines.  Even if this is as bad as it sounds, the actions of one Marine does not indicate a greater issue in the entire service.

Also, a 13?

no it dose not  but it takes one bad apple 

yes 13 i have lerning disabilties  plus that dose not mean i am a fucking moron

with ACT i Had  tape that read the said the qustions to me 

28 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

my asvab was extremely high. and that isn't a fair assessment of marines in general. but i'm not going to argue.

the fact is,  ALL branches have their shit birds, usually of lower intelligence, or lack of social skills. and mos is usually a grunt, or s-4.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, discolé monade said:

my asvab was extremely high. and that isn't a fair assessment of marines in general. but i'm not going to argue.

the fact is,  ALL branches have their shit birds, usually of lower intelligence, or lack of social skills. and mos is usually a grunt, or s-4.  

my  idiot bother that was in marines has   MP  got pretty high socres to  i dont how he did  the man is fucking moron rigth now 

for being former cop  ok a former military cop   still a cop of some kind he has more DUIs  thane  that  friends have   that smoke weed and drink  alcohol all time  even when driving   combined

9 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

Hey I have a cousin that joined the marines right out of high school with high ASVAB scores as well... He trucked through his initial enlistment, ranked up well, and even recruited for the marines so... That may be where the issue is there then if I have to reiterate...Marine recruiters usually suck balls, and even though I joined the army in high school I can double down on that since I re-entered the fray for national guard duty years later... I mean my cousin isn't recruiting anymore because 'thank your recruiter' you should be familiar with that steeze.....That is the general perception of marines though...Be it fair or not. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

no it dose not  but it takes one bad apple 

yes 13 i have lerning disabilties  plus that dose not mean i am a fucking moron

with ACT i Had  tape that read the said the qustions to me 

No, it does not take one bad apple.  But, I’m sure Disco can tell you about the real problems she saw in the service, and as is the case with any large organization, there will always be few.

That being said, I get the feeling this is less about the Marines having issues and more about your brother being a colossal douchebag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

No, it does not take one bad apple.  But, I’m sure Disco can tell you about the real problems she saw in the service, and as is the case with any large organization, there will always be few.

That being said, I get the feeling this is less about the Marines having issues and more about your brother being a colossal douchebag.

my yes that my ponit he is smart but he is douchebag 

oh, let me be clear. i'm not saying they aren't covering anything up. but need all those facts. 

trust when i say, it's not out of the realm of possibilities for ANY branch of service, and the higher echelon. shit like this looks REAL bad. and i know first hand how much the corps will go to protect their boys, who will be boys. /s/

also, let me clarify. i had nothing at all going on when i signed up. took a year off to see the 'world' and saw the entire eastern seaboard. which was cool, until it turned into 2 years, then going on 3. 

the service seemed like a good fit, to go back to school for free, and hopefully, just stay state side 4 years. until, we get to P.I. and cameras in our faces anouncing 'we'll be the first recruits to head to desert storm.

being a smart female has all the disadvantages, and no reward. 

i qualed for mos's that were in the field of intel/counter intel, comm, photo journal. etc. but females werent' allowed in a combat environment, and those mos schools would do OJT in those areas, and then you'd go right to the line 

i'm saying this, to defend me. i owe nothing to the corps, but they owe me a shit ton. 

and if they do, in fact, find a ring, i hope they all rot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ghostrek said:

my  idiot bother that was in marines has   MP  got pretty high socres to  i dont how he did  the man is fucking moron rigth now 

for being former cop  ok a former military cop   still a cop of some kind he has more DUIs  thane  that  friends have   that smoke weed and drink  alcohol all time  even when driving   combined

you say he's moron, but mp's served front lines. did he?

i was an MP and we have the biggest fucking chips, and we know we serve no one but the command. i remember pulling a capt. over speeding, i asked for his id, he stated, 'do you know who i am?" i stated "sir, you're a captain, of the usmc, who has precluded that his rank oversteps my authority. ID and registration. please. sir.' -  yes, i got plenty of NJP's. 

what i'm saying is, some of us didn't handle migrating into civilian life. i didn't. 8 years, it takes a little longer to slide back into society. 

of course, your brother could just be a douche. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

yof course, your brother could just be a douche. 

I’m just wondering if his brother is mean to him or if he changed.  Former service member in any branch can come back broken, and being unable to maintain a job or a relationship could be a sign of PTSD even if the person isn’t violent.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I’m just wondering if his brother is mean to him or if he changed.  Former service member in any branch can come back broken, and being unable to maintain a job or a relationship could be a sign of PTSD even if the person isn’t violent.

well, that's where i was going next. i'm broken. i know i'm broken. the marine corps even told me i am broken, and it's their fault, by $$.

i'll never be the same person. i try, hard. but, it's work to get back to who one was.

i still feel, on a few days, that i'm just a character in my own life. that's something i deal with. among other things. 

going back to this story. there's no real way that marine could have kept her hidden for 2 weeks in the barracks. there is a guard duty in the barracks. they walk around the barracks random hours throughout the day. [barracks duty sucks ass, when you don't live in the barracks, btw.] also, thursdays is field day. so, barracks are literally scrubbed down, for inspection friday. now, i'm not saying he didn't shuffle her around, or put her in a car, but chances are, if that marine lives in the barracks he probably doesn't have a vehicle.  and he's with 1/5? those are near the PX, somebody would have seen those shenanigans. with an upcoming hoiday, inspections would have been double intense, this is when promotions and moves happen. 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

well, that's where i was going next. i'm broken. i know i'm broken. the marine corps even told me i am broken, and it's their fault, by $$.

i'll never be the same person. i try, hard. but, it's work to get back to who one was.

i still feel, on a few days, that i'm just a character in my own life. that's something i deal with. among other things. 

going back to this story. there's no real way that marine could have kept her hidden for 2 weeks in the barracks. there is a guard duty in the barracks. they walk around the barracks random hours throughout the day. [barracks duty sucks ass, when you don't live in the barracks, btw.] also, thursdays is field day. so, barracks are literally scrubbed down, for inspection friday. now, i'm not saying he didn't shuffle her around, or put her in a car, but chances are, if that marine lives in the barracks he probably doesn't have a vehicle.  and he's with 1/5? those are near the PX, somebody would have seen those shenanigans. with an upcoming hoiday, inspections would have been double intense, this is when promotions and moves happen. 

For someone who's broken, Disco, you're still good people by me.

And, yeah, this isn't something that Marine could have pulled off without some help.  It just depends on what he was doing with her and why.  We all want to think the best of our friends, so wrong as it might be, those that were helping him could have assumed he was just helping out a lost kid.  The military is slow to change, but they generally do react when something of this nature happens.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

For someone who's broken, Disco, you're still good people by me.

And, yeah, this isn't something that Marine could have pulled off without some help.  It just depends on what he was doing with her and why.  We all want to think the best of our friends, so wrong as it might be, those that were helping him could have assumed he was just helping out a lost kid.  The military is slow to change, but they generally do react when something of this nature happens.

yes. they absolutely will. when it comes to children. be sure of that. 

and that is a very nice thing to say. thank you. i try. i am an asshole on most days, i know that. but i'm a good chaotic. 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, discolé monade said:

you say he's moron, but mp's served front lines. did he?

i was an MP and we have the biggest fucking chips, and we know we serve no one but the command. i remember pulling a capt. over speeding, i asked for his id, he stated, 'do you know who i am?" i stated "sir, you're a captain, of the usmc, who has precluded that his rank oversteps my authority. ID and registration. please. sir.' -  yes, i got plenty of NJP's. 

what i'm saying is, some of us didn't handle migrating into civilian life. i didn't. 8 years, it takes a little longer to slide back into society. 

of course, your brother could just be a douche. 

what  you mean by the front lines

he has never deployed outside the US

he served in for most of time in the USMC Camp Lejeune

but he served during the time of the 1992 LA riots until I believed it late '90s (he said his unit was geting ready be sent out so he claimed)

i went down to see him once but I just thought he was my cousin at a time I just found out years later and he is  actually my  half brothers

i was basically adopted by an aunt of mine and raised as one of her own and I didn't realize someone I thought as my cousin is actually my brother

@discolé monade  but yeah adjusting back to  civilian life did screw up a lot of people I seen that a lot of my last job  unfortunately and most of them memory served if they were veterans saw combat during the either Iraq or Afghanistan wars

i'm not saying my brother isn't complete moron he does have a good soul he's just takes after our father too much

Edited by ghostrek

1 minute ago, discolé monade said:

wait, he was at the riots? we were at the riots. 

no what he claims he his unit might have been sent to help with the containing the riots or something I don't know I think he made up the so fucking story about that but hey what I know  which I find hard to believe though because Camp Lejeune is is on East Coast not the West Coast

@discolé monade

hell you might actually know him I mean those don't realize it

but seriously

Edited by ghostrek
  • Like 3