UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor The Second Challenge: All is fair in love and politics

Game Master

Survive… the campaign!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who ran the better election campaign?

• The Commish (Team Dean)
    • The Vice-Chancellor (Team Hank)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/26/23 at 04:00 AM

Congratulations again to Team Hank for that epic ride on the Swordfish II.  On to the next challenge!

It seems like election season gets longer every cycle.  Almost as soon as your fervent supporters are out on bond, it’s time to hoodwink those mindless drones into voting you into office (and a self pardon).  Well, we here at ASMB have political ambitions of our own and an internet addicted to memes just waiting to go to the polls.  Fortunately, we also have the talented and extremely “hip “ or “with it” women and men of Teams Hank and Dean to help on the long treacherous road to ultimate power.

Your challenge is, as a team, to come up with a campaign meme for one of your fellow ASMB / UEMB that features the “endorsement” of an [adult swim] or Toonami  personality.  Once again, you can choose anyone to promote as a candidate as long as they’re a current or former member of those message boards.  You can use a meme generator or use image editing software (like Paint).  This time you get a week and a half to complete your meme:  submissions are due June 24th at 12 am EDT.

Edited by Game Master
Poll up.
  • Thanks 3

• scoobdog pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

how does this work, is everything collectively the 'submission' or is one piece on each side the submission?

I'm not the GameMaster so I don't make the rules but I'm in favor of treating this like a campaign.  Which for Team Hank that would include their Introduction as well as their End Meme; the five images they submitted.  I think it's fair because they put the work into them as part of the campaign challenge and these challenges are all about being creative and producing something entertaining for everyone.  

• Like 3

Wait!  I just looked again and I'm even more in favor of accepting all five images as the one submission.  Because it's clear that's how it was intended...otherwise their final image technically doesn't have a toonami character endorsing a candidate.   It's a bundle package.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vela said:

*puts her serious face on*  And now...it's our turn...

Team Dean's Submission:

Spoiler

BRILLIANT reveal!

On one hand, it’s a newer series and I suspect most here outside that Toonami folder won’t get it as universally as The Ghostrek Files, but it definitely has the good ol spirit with the editing.

I also love how it’s brought on by the fact that’s the only talkback I try to participate in every week. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I never even have the time to watch the show when it premieres.

4 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:
  Hide contents

BRILLIANT reveal!

On one hand, it’s a newer series and I suspect most here outside that Toonami folder won’t get it as universally as The Ghostrek Files, but it definitely has the good ol spirit with the editing.

I also love how it’s brought on by the fact that’s the only talkback I try to participate in every week. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I never even have the time to watch the show when it premieres.

Spoiler

Thank you!

I thought a video would help introduce the show to people who haven't seen it yet, but I tried to keep the message relatable w/o too many reveals.  Well except the very last bit about the Lupus Coalition XD totally made-up for viewers who have seen it.  The part about the gas-leak and now wanting a new commissioner for Scotland Yard is a detail even people who've seen the show might not get XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Team Dean gets the vote when it comes!

I won’t be too sour if I lose to Scoobdog, he’s a more than worthy opponent. And I hope André is doing alright after that storm. Credit where credit’s due, André & Disco were all over the place for days hahahaha.

Edited by [classic swim]
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Vela said:

Wait!  I just looked again and I'm even more in favor of accepting all five images as the one submission.  Because it's clear that's how it was intended...otherwise their final image technically doesn't have a toonami character endorsing a candidate.   It's a bundle package.

While the endorsement is nice, of course you say that.... y'all made a movie trailer, not a meme. As far as video memes go, something like dat boi qualifies.

All that said, that submission itself is top notch and I'm not gating in the actual product...that shits lit....but not really meme-ish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, [classic swim] said:

Team Dean gets the vote when it comes!

I won’t be too sour if and when I lose to Scoobdog, he’s a more than worthy opponent. And I hope André is doing alright after that storm. Credit where credit’s due, André & Disco were all over the place for days hahahaha.

So far the lights haven't gone out...that's about all I got 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

While the endorsement is nice, of course you say that.... y'all made a movie trailer, not a meme. As far as video memes go, something like dat boi qualifies.

All that said, that submission itself is top notch and I'm not gating in the actual product...that shits lit....but not really meme-ish

We were told it was acceptable by the Game Master himself, sir.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

lol a horse is a horse ...but it's clear we had the same mind-set when we approached this challenge.  Otherwise your meme doesn't meet the full requirements.  Your endorsement is in one image and your candidate is in another.  So to me our submissions are very similar in that respect and each should be treated as a unit.  

11 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

not really meme-ish

There a two panels that are actual memes in the video :LithiumSmileySad:

Wait

no

let me rephrase that.

There are two panels that are actual memes in the video...:happyjerk:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

The game master knows he's gotta help the one woman team cover their handicap 

I get self-deprecating humor, but man, that's harsh. Be confident, man. You're better than that.

11 minutes ago, Vela said:

lol a horse is a horse ...but it's clear we had the same mind-set when we approached this challenge.  Otherwise your meme doesn't meet the full requirements.  Your endorsement is in one image and your candidate is in another.  So to me our submissions are very similar in that respect and each should be treated as a unit.  

There a two panels that are actual memes in the video :LithiumSmileySad:

Wait

no

let me rephrase that.

There are two panels that are actual memes in the video...:happyjerk:

Look, we bastardized this thing from concept...I'm just taking shots.  

• Haha 1

Just now, André Toulon said:

Yep, and we just keep dodging them like Keanu Reeves in the Matrix.

giphy.gif

^^^^^That's us dodging your bullets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

Yep, and we just keep dodging them like Keanu Reeves in the Matrix.

giphy.gif

^^^^^That's us dodging your bullets.

Soooooo....What was YOUR contribution to the project, Gemmy.....So seem to be all about this WE thing....I'd just like to know what parts i can credit to your skill and expertise?

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Soooooo....What was YOUR contribution to the project, Gemmy.....So seem to be all about this WE thing....I'd just like to know what parts i can credit to your skill and expertise?

It was a collaborative effort. You know, since it's a team challenge. So I'll say we if I damn well please and YOU! WILL! LIKE IT!

11 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

xD Ya'll got too comfy from your first victory.

But no, in all seriousness your memes seem effortlessly hilarious considering I struggle to come up with just one or two. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

Sooooo....nada, got it.

Good work Vela, dont get voted off.

Yeah, I just sat on my hands the whole ten days. I did absolutely nothing! Nothing whatsoever! I mean it's not like I came up with the concept or anything.

Oh, wait...

10 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

Sooooo....nada, got it.

Good work Vela, dont get voted off.

No, no, no...there were like four pages of discussions on this as a team, we voted on a candidate and toonami combo, spit-balled a bunch of ideas and then I...did stuff...with my eyeballs and my computer based off of a rough draft that I didn't even come up with.  All truths.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vela said:

No, no, no...there were like four pages of discussions on this as a team, we voted on a candidate and toonami combo, spit-balled a bunch of ideas and then I...did stuff...with my eyeballs and my computer based off of a rough draft that I didn't even come up with.  All truths.

This is all false. I did nothing. ;)

Edited by Gemini

So, the rules are that you have to link to all parts of the campaign you want for consideration in this thread, but you can deploy the campaign anywhere.  We can’t expect people to find everything on their own.  At the same time,  you should have as much space as you need.

• Thanks 1