UnevenEdge

So what year are you guys watching right now

ghostrek

2 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

A lady, who in the 80’s, committed the largest bioterrorist attack in US history.

oh she was involved with that that weird case out in Washington trying to leverage local elections of all things school boards.

Did the feds get involved with that you know?

Edited by ghostrek

1989, I've been rewatching old Roseanne episodes. She's a terrible person but the early years of the show's original run were fantastic.

Also, 1971. I've rewatched part of the first season of All in the Family. The past few months have been rough so I basically just go back to things that I find comforting.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

1989, I've been rewatching old Roseanne episodes. She's a terrible person but the early years of the show's original run were fantastic.

Also, 1971. I've rewatched part of the first season of All in the Family. The past few months have been rough so I basically just go back to things that I find comforting.

And thank you for being one of the people that separates art from the artist.

I have found out so many people I used to enjoy became pieces of shit, but do I no longer get to enjoy the shit they did that I used to love? I won't support them in the future, but they already got my money/ratings/attention/wtfe years ago...if I like it, I'm still gonna watch it.

That said, Roseanne isn't one of those things.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

And thank you for being one of the people that separates art from the artist.

I have found out so many people I used to enjoy became pieces of shit, but do I no longer get to enjoy the shit they did that I used to love? I won't support them in the future, but they already got my money/ratings/attention/wtfe years ago...if I like it, I'm still gonna watch it.

That said, Roseanne isn't one of those things.

Exactly, I wouldn't pay her a dime for anything new but that show already aired, I've already seen it, and it's free on Peacock. Denying myself access to something I find comforting really only hurts me, she'll still be wealthy at the end of the day.

Nothing wrong with not liking it though, I think I watch it still because my own family is dysfunctional while the family depicted in Roseanne - though flawed - is largely a loving one. They struggle, they fight, but it's not toxic, they're just everyday family struggles. Roseanne doesn't spank her kids, she doesn't insult them, she just works as hard as she can to provide. The kids are, as expected, bratty sometimes but it's not a cause for a big blowup. They either talk it out or ground them.

• Like 1