UnevenEdge

RIP Jerry Springer

mthor

I just saw this on the news. Everything ends but still. :( 

And so a video toast in the most horrible taste possible that's still funny as hell and basically is the high point of 'Jerry Springer' in a nutshell. [ so warning, 90's level slang used that might be inappropriate for obvious reasons today]

• Like 2

It's too bad Jerry didn't appear as Mayor on WKRP.  I never watched any of the Wally George/Morton Downey Jr./Geraldo/Donahue/Maury/Jerry stuff unless I had no other option (including turning the tv off).  Good to hear he really was as nice a guy in private as I had heard.  Handing the cameraman for his show, who lost everything in Katrina, a blank check is amazing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I actually didn't watch too much because there were a few cartoons in that time slot no one else watched and soap operas. But when I did watch his show, I will say, you were entertained.

Really....that's it?

Damn, this time you let me down...I can usually count on you to attach a scandal to a celebrity.... Everyone seems adequately bummed over Jerry but I've been lurking, listening for what made him a piece of shit.

My cousin and ex both failed me....you were my last hope.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Really....that's it?

Damn, this time you let me down...I can usually count on you to attach a scandal to a celebrity.... Everyone seems adequately bummed over Jerry but I've been lurking, listening for what made him a piece of shit.

My cousin and ex both failed me....you were my last hope.

I never had a reason to look into him. He took the money and mostly shut up other than a few instances about thinking of running for office. There was a Jenny Jones situation that flew under my radar. Ethics in talk shows or the morality of even having them is a topic I don't have much bandwidth for. I will say from secondhand knowledge, it's near impossible to stop people from going on those shows once they decide to do them. There was an attempted family intervention for a relative to stop her from going on Maury. They didn't sugarcoat anything and told her what the outcome was gonna be, including her mama. She went and it ended up as badly as predicted. 

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Thanks 1