UnevenEdge

Gas or electric? Stove stuff

Think of an espresso pot.  Use it over a very low flame and it will brew some coffee.  Use it over a high flame and your walls will be splattered with coffee.

You can control a gas flame.  You can't control the heat output on an electric stove.  The electric stove is either on or off, there's no high or low setting.

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__conte

Edited by Walter Von Moo Moo
Picture won't embed
  • D'oh 1

3 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

Wow, 3 strikes in the OP alone. 

Cant wait to see how stupid this becomes but I'm cooking a huge meal today on my electric stove with no settings and cant play with you now....

Do you like ox tails?

I didn't have any trouble at all, embedding memes in the memes thread and so, when I use exactly the same procedure in this thread without a satisfactory result, I have to assume that the problem is outside of my control.

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Idk I’ve used electric ovens and stoves and the stove top had levels of heat. It wasn’t just on or off and wtf do you even care?  For you gourmet meals are toaster oven pork chops which doesn’t use gas either. 

You don't put an espresso pot in a toaster oven.  You need an adjustable gas flame.

Induction cooking patents have been around for a century, they really went commercial in the 1950s (most likely after the technology was refined to allow for safe cooking on military submarines), and induction is popular in Europe. It did not become commercially successful in the US because it was prohibitively expensive (only relatively recently has the cost leveled out) and because the natural gas lobby pulled off a masterful branding campaign to convince Americans that burning fossil fuels in enclosed spaces is both totally safe and they classiest way to cook.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

Induction cooking patents have been around for a century, they really went commercial in the 1950s (most likely after the technology was refined to allow for safe cooking on military submarines), and induction is popular in Europe. It did not become commercially successful in the US because it was prohibitively expensive (only relatively recently has the cost leveled out) and because the natural gas lobby pulled off a masterful branding campaign to convince Americans that burning fossil fuels in enclosed spaces is both totally safe and they classiest way to cook.

All my magnets are ice cold.

7 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Wow, 3 strikes in the OP alone. 

Cant wait to see how stupid this becomes but I'm cooking a huge meal today on my electric stove with no settings and cant play with you now....

Do you like ox tails?

Nothin' better than Ox Tail Soup on a freezing cold day.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Little things mean a lot.  Like, when you have an extension cord rated at 150 watts, don't plug more than 75 watts into it.  Is it rated in amps?  Amperage times voltage equals wattage.

P=IE,

E=IR,

BBROYGBVGWGSGSN

1 hour ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Little things mean a lot.  Like, when you have an extension cord rated at 150 watts, don't plug more than 75 watts into it.  Is it rated in amps?  Amperage times voltage equals wattage.

Extension cords aren’t rated by watts or amps.  They’re sized by wire.

33 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Extension cords aren’t rated by watts or amps.  They’re sized by wire.

That's what's stamped on the wire itself.  The legitimate ones usually come with tags that spell it out for you.  Or if not, the attendant in the electrical department at the hardware store can help you out.

25 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Nah.  It was only a matter of time before smoking caught up with you.

Don't take offense to this, bud, but don't be so harsh on the guy. I had an acquaintance in high school who had to get a pacemaker during our senior year, and as far as I knew at the time, he wasn't a smoker. (If he had been, it hadn't been for long.) It turned out he was born with a heart ailment. He kept it hidden pretty well until the moment he needed to get the pacemaker. (For the record, this isn't in support of Packard either.)

Edited by hornedlizardman