UnevenEdge

Habital Planet discoved in another system

cyberbully

The NASA announcement CBS links to is less certain. It actually speculates that the planet is tidally locked (one side always faces the star, like the moon to earth) which probably doesn't help.

And then there's all sorts of things they never talk about like tectonic activity or a magnetic field to block radiation. Then we'll find out it's atmosphere is made of like pure farts or some crazy shit. I think the Webb telescope can identify some of those things, pops up in my news feed all the time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

The NASA announcement CBS links to is less certain. It actually speculates that the planet is tidally locked (one side always faces the star, like the moon to earth) which probably doesn't help.

And then there's all sorts of things they never talk about like tectonic activity or a magnetic field to block radiation. Then we'll find out it's atmosphere is made of like pure farts or some crazy shit. I think the Webb telescope can identify some of those things, pops up in my news feed all the time.

Doesn't Titan, one of Saturn's moons, have an atmosphere made up of hydrogen and oceans of liquid natural gas?

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

I heard it in TV then just found a link to it. Like I said, I'm no flat earther but I got some pretty wild notions about our universe....I just thought this was kinda cool if little more than a "hey, look what we may or may not have found"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

These discoveries are going to get more fast and furious in the coming years. On top of better ability to spot exoplanets, we now have the tech to determine the chemical compositions of their atmospheres just by looking at their light wavelengths with the Webb telescope. Legit like the smelloscope from Futurama.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...