UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

13 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Damn. Utterly fascinating how he seemed to latch onto that whole "unity" message after his near-miss, as if he thinks that's key to winning over anyone. The latest buzz word to make him sound like the better choice.. except every single call for unity always seems couched in an attack against one group or another...

'Why aren't you united with me??? Why are you fighting against the will of the people and by people I mean myself because I AM the people! I AM the party! You hate the party and you hate America and I'm America! We need to unite against all my enemies! If you don't unite, you are letting my enemies win! That's not fair! Unite with me!'

*reveals a list of people and things that hurt his feelings including KFC for having a Doubledown sandwich which is totally an infringement of Drumpf trademark while also being too big for tiny hands...

• Haha 2

what a shit show of an election cycle, which does not make it any different than any other election. but it does feel like its getting shittier every year. they didn't even have a convention and just chose kamala for us. she should have a good chance regardless of her past performance or how much people dont like her, shes got the dem party all behind her. at least they avoided the bigger shitshow of biden vs trump eh? 

8 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

what a shit show of an election cycle, which does not make it any different than any other election. but it does feel like its getting shittier every year. they didn't even have a convention and just chose kamala for us. she should have a good chance regardless of her past performance or how much people dont like her, shes got the dem party all behind her. at least they avoided the bigger shitshow of biden vs trump eh? 

Biden really should have stepped down last December but it looks like the Dem leadership held off on really pushing him until after the RNC was over. Strategically it was kind of brilliant because it has effectively sabotaged the GOP strategy for the last 4 years which is Fuck Biden

• Like 3

7 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

Biden really should have stepped down last December but it looks like the Dem leadership held off on really pushing him until after the RNC was over. Strategically it was kind of brilliant because it has effectively sabotaged the GOP strategy for the last 4 years which is Fuck Biden

I do love how all the 'Old Guy BAD' level of things that were out there for the MAGAts to throw their money at now seem like they are making fun of Drumpf. 

You could have bought a lot of beer, Cletus, but you just had to get that $50 shirt at paymybillsforme.organization. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I do love how all the 'Old Guy BAD' level of things that were out there for the MAGAts to throw their money at now seem like they are making fun of Drumpf. 

You could have bought a lot of beer, Cletus, but you just had to get that $50 shirt at paymybillsforme.organization. 

It's very entertaining I have to admit

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Allegedly a Harris/Walz donation page was briefly accessible on the Harris campaign site, if anyone is looking for tea leaves.

I trust Walz hasn’t had any affairs with furniture.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

Allegedly a Harris/Walz donation page was briefly accessible on the Harris campaign site, if anyone is looking for tea leaves.

My hedged bet is that all the finalists have a page coded in ready to go live and someone just popped his page coding either by accident or to test to make sure the code works for whichever one is picked. 

I'm so-so about Walz. It is not because he's a bad pick. It's more because there's a growing segment of baby MAGAts circling the MN government and I kind of feel that he being in the driver's seat keeps those particular shitheads from completely overrunning the place regardless of whether they got voted in or not. I don't know if there's a strong enough person in the background to be able to step into the run for a new governor.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

guess which one was signing free school lunch and which was legalizing child laborimage.png

There's way too much happening in that right photo. Like they posed for a photo, but nobody told them what a photo was. From left to right, top row: Guy out of frame, guy barely visible over other guy's shoulder, glasses is about to sneeze directly into his hands, blond farted while giggles grabbed her butt, and the last guy is just looking for an escape.

Blue shirt is the only one humoring the idea of pretending she wants to be there, first 2 kids are already dead inside, and the last kid has grown a hatred for blue shirt and wants to punch her.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

well yeah he has a hatred, that piece of paper she sign is allowing him to be sent into the mines

I wouldn't be surprised if a 10 year old is the only one in the room literate enough to read it.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

biden was already showing deterioration last elections cycle but it got to the point where they couldn't hide it anymore. no matter how much they all pretended, that man was not fit to run. so i dont see it as a "brilliant" strategic move but more of a blunder. the funny part kamala might be able to pull this off if the economy doesnt crash since the dems will get blamed for that. which looking at it now, the economy isnt looking too hot. campaign wise, the less kamala talks about policy the better, she is biden 2.0 and nobody wants that. not sure why trump would not debate her, but feels like a mistake on his part. 

It’s official Minnesota Gov Walz is Harris’ running mate. I think he was the dude that did free school lunches and a few other progressive policies. Kinda crazy that feeding kids is considered “progressive” and not just common decency but that’s where we are at as a species 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s official Minnesota Gov Walz is Harris’ running mate. I think he was the dude that did free school lunches and a few other progressive policies. Kinda crazy that feeding kids is considered “progressive” and not just common decency but that’s where we are at as a species 

The GOP is cartoonishly evil at this point rejecting those but approving child labor.  It’s true that their voter block doesn’t care if they suffer so long as they perceive others suffer more.

image.thumb.jpeg.71db41027afacb82f5b6bc0e3865b1b6.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

campaign wise, the less kamala talks about policy the better, she is biden 2.0 and nobody wants that. not sure why trump would not debate her, but feels like a mistake on his part. 

Stfu

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

His record as governor makes me wanna vote for Harris

he legalized marijuana (rollout not great)

universal school lunch 

pd family leave 12 weeks as well as sick leave 

banned forever chemicals 

Passed automatic voter registration 

Free public college for families making under 80k a year 

And that’s only some of what he’s done 

• Like 7

Minnesota was one of those cases where it was always a Dem leading state but for a variety of reasons, the Dems never had the trifecta so the Republicans could always block stuff. Once they finally flipped the holdout chamber by a single seat they powered through that list.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

not sure why trump would not debate her, but feels like a mistake on his part. 

Isn't it obvious? He can't debate policy, he didn't win by debating policy, he won by appealing to certain demographics (some mixture of rural, christian, and racist) that wouldn't know any better. Ranting about immigrants to get bigots riled up is not a policy. Remember, the majority of Americans - 70%+ - can't read above a middle school level. Math scores are poor. Critical thinking skills are poor. He wasn't chosen by intellectuals for a reason. His constituents aren't educated enough to understand policy, and they aren't hardworking enough to learn. It's also why experts and education are under attack - that's not an accident.

Joe was an "easy" target because they're both old as dirt, they were banking on him making mistakes. In Trump's case though, you expect him to look and sound stupid because he always looks and sounds stupid so they never hold him accountable. There's no difference between one senior moment and the next. It's what the bulk of his base likes because, again, they aren't the people who are reading books, learning languages, enjoying or creating art, having open conversations, etc. They live very small, basic lives. They're throwing back brewskis after another shift at the factory, bitching about "woke" politics while their overlords underpay and overwork them. They drank the corporate koolaid. They blame the wrong people for their miserable lives because it feels good, these people enjoy pretending to be oppressed when they're only oppressed by their own stupidity.

Now that Joe is out, Trump's major tactic - name-calling - has to be retooled. And Kamala is less likely to fall for it than Biden, because she's younger and therefore sharper. Now Trump is the only old fart in the race. Not a great position to be in when you have no debate skills. He's already embarrassing himself, he can't get through a single speech or interview without throwing a tantrum or rambling incoherently. His own sheeple fall asleep mid-babble. He puts on a big act but make no mistake, the walls are closing in and he knows it. Not that anything will ever happen to him but he's a narcissist and narcs hate being laughed at. He knows he isn't savvy enough to navigate the lies he's told and the crimes he's committed when they're put right in front of him. The NABJ interview was just a taste of what's to come.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

Isn't it obvious? He can't debate policy

To be fair, you are respomding to a post that claims Kamala needs to not talk about policy when dealing with Trump, which is lunatic on the face of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

To be fair, you are respomding to a post that claims Kamala needs to not talk about policy when dealing with Trump, which is lunatic on the face of it.

Yeah, I wasn't really sure what was going on there... lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

Yeah, I wasn't really sure what was going on there... lol

It's Distortedreasoning.  Basically, he's from the Demoncrat school of thought where  Biden and Democrats are just as evil as Trump and his hard right racist fanboys.

• Like 1

I came to the realization a couple of days ago that the only time that Trump can remain focused and on message seems to be when he's insulting someone or something.

Otherwise, it's as if the words he's saying and the intent of the sentence are both positive polarity and refuse to come together. 

• Like 2