UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss Season 2, Episode 1

Blatch

Just some questions before we start.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Have you watched Dawn of the Deep Soul?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I'll get to it at some point...
  2. 2. Would you care if I added a summary of the film to the OP?

• Yup!
    • Eh, I'll read TVTropes or something.
  3. 3. Is Nanachi cute as hell?

• Naaaa~
    • Nah.

Welp, we made it. I mean, not all of us made it, both figuratively and in terms of our media consumption. But the continuation to Made in Abyss, undoubtedly the most interesting show on Toonami in 2022, is here, in spite of the whole "not being able to air the movie" thing. As opposed to S1, I'm going into this part blind, with my only guide being vague whispers of story elements from hollows inside and just outside my sphere of perception. I assume it'll be fun, but also traumatizing. So yeah, let's do this. 😃

And another thing: thanks to DST, I'll be able to get a normal amount of sleep tomorrow (relative to usual) even if I stay awake until 1:00A. So you know I'm gonna be watching this live, maybe dropping a stray comment or two here. No matter what happens, may all of our cups be filled with blessings.

• Like 5

So, Made in Abyss season 2 picks up right where the movie leaves off, and doesn't re-cut it into episodes like Demon Slayer did? I have enough time now that I could watch it before the block starts, but I didn't get much sleep last night. I'd rather be less tired when I take the movie in, and I'm sure a whole movie will be more mentally and emotionally draining than an episode of Made in Abyss. I'll be lucky if I don't pass out during the block tonight.

I don't understand why you would make a movie out of canon content, or at least, not optional canon content. And then not re-cut it into the series. It's not sounding like you can just skip the movie and know what's going on in season 2, either.

It is pretty stupid of Demaco to tell people to go watch a movie he couldn't get to catch up on a season he got. What is to stop people from just watching the second season dub after they watch the movie instead of watching it on Toonami?  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So, Made in Abyss season 2 picks up right where the movie leaves off, and doesn't re-cut it into episodes like Demon Slayer did? I have enough time now that I could watch it before the block starts, but I didn't get much sleep last night. I'd rather be less tired when I take the movie in, and I'm sure a whole movie will be more mentally and emotionally draining than an episode of Made in Abyss. I'll be lucky if I don't pass out during the block tonight.

I don't understand why you would make a movie out of canon content, or at least, not optional canon content. And then not re-cut it into the series. It's not sounding like you can just skip the movie and know what's going on in season 2, either.

It is pretty stupid of Demaco to tell people to go watch a movie he couldn't get to catch up on a season he got. What is to stop people from just watching the second season dub after they watch the movie instead of watching it on Toonami?  

i don't have hulu or hidive so i couldn't watch the movie legally and i didn't feel like going to one of these sketchy sites just to watch it.....

can't imagine how many people are gonna be turned off by the second season due to most of them not even knowing about dawn of the deep soul

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Dang. When I first saw this on the schedule, because it's an hour and a half, I thought it was the third movie. Now that I see it's actually the start of season 2 which follows it, damn. I knew I should have bought the movie collection sooner. Guess this means I can't watch it tonight. :(

HiDIVE has the movie and both seasons and I think that they do a free week trial. Go sign up for the free trial and watch the movie. you do not have to miss out!

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1

Yeah, I know they have it on there, but I got a month free subscription from HIDIVE once before though as a bonus deal to making a purchase from the Sentai shop, so I'm not sure if I'd be eligible for the free trial anymore. Besides there's not enough time to see it before the season 2 premiere now anyway, plus I just went and ordered the movie set off ebay right before I popped on here, so with any luck I'll get it before next week rolls around and I can be caught up by then.

• Like 1

Well, I just finished watching the movie.  Is there any villain worse than Bondrewd?  What a sick bastard.  I would have thought he'd at least spare Prushka, since she was like his daughter.

I don't know he's being allowed to do whatever he wants, either.  The other White Whistles should have reigned him in.  But I guess there's not really any law and order in the Abyss!

And to top it all off, he didn't even completely die!  That last body he was in looked almost human.  Sure, his facility is wrecked and he can't proceed any further, but still, just kill that fucker!

And I never would have guessed that is where the physical white whistles come from!  Fucking hell!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

i don't have hulu or hidive so i couldn't watch the movie legally and i didn't feel like going to one of these sketchy sites just to watch it.....

can't imagine how many people are gonna be turned off by the second season due to most of them not even knowing about dawn of the deep soul

I had no idea this series was even based on a manga.  I thought Made in Abyss was anime original.  At least then, having the movie be part of the canon story would make more sense.  But, they did the same thing as Demon Slayer, except they didn't re-cut the movie into the beginning of the second season. 

And of course, Demarco got the second season, even though he couldn't get the movie.

Guys, this is not like watching DBZ before Dragon Ball...

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

when the phrase "used-up" came out of his mouth, i assumed that's what was implied

That phrase could imply a lot of things.  But there was a shot of him over her and her recounting "he was a terrible person."  Ugh.

• Sad 1