UnevenEdge

One year ago Family Guy left Adult Swim

Jman

It's still crazy to me that they were able to regain the rights to Futurama and KOTH after Family Guy left.

4 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Remember when /co/ thought TOM and SARA showing up meant Toonami was going to get axed?

Hide contents

So, so glad it took them calling this place a circlejerk to convince me to quit their threads for good.

...shit wait, are you implying 4chan knows about us?

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

They knew about the ASMB, even had a list of all the people to watch out for, like Ranlsa or that other guy who posted in the rating thread alongside Owl, the one with the Sesshomaru icon. But even if they know about us, they don't care enough to give us trouble.

Yeah .hack//SIGN John, that guy sure had some opinions and theories.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Seight said:

It's still crazy to me that they were able to regain the rights to Futurama and KOTH after Family Guy left.

What's even crazier to me, is that AS is able to air both the original run, AND the Comedy Central run..... AND Comedy Central STILL airs both runs too!

I recently found out that it's on FXX too.

All this makes me wonder if Matt Groening bought all the rights from Fox.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

They knew about the ASMB, even had a list of all the people to watch out for, like Ranlsa or that other guy who posted in the rating thread alongside Owl, the one with the Sesshomaru icon. But even if they know about us, they don't care enough to give us trouble.

Ranlsa had a lot of nutbar posts but my favorite will always be finding out that she truly believed Bleach's universe was centered around Christian theology and Soul Society was just purgatory where everyone was there to work off their sins. 10/10 bonkers theory right there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't remember that one but that's definitely crazy. On an unrelated note, I'd like to know what she thinks of Burn the Witch, being Anglical and whatnot.

The best thing to have come from her time on the ASMB, though, was your six-point post on why, despite the official ambiguity of his fate, it only makes sense that Spike died at the end of Bebop.

[she's gonna carry that weight]

Edited by PokeNirvash

Oh hell, I wasn't even on ASMB that long and I remember Ranlsa.  I specifically remember when she PM'ed me and was angry that I disagreed with her on something Bebop related (reruns or something IIRC).  It was just one long string of angrish.

There was also a guy I remember who believed Shippuden was the best show on the block because of how dark it was, and specifically loved to bring up Orochimaru killing babies.

I like to believe I've matured since then but I don't know how true that is.

20 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Moose.

Wasn't he on this board for a while?  Or am I confusing it with whatever the hell ASMB became after they nuked Lithium?

I can't deny Family Guy's success.  Even if I'm not too fond of the later seasons, the earlier seasons of the show are still funny as hell.  I guess it just needed the right outlet to succeed and Adult Swim provided it.

2 hours ago, CaptainStarwind said:

Wasn't he on this board for a while?  Or am I confusing it with whatever the hell ASMB became after they nuked Lithium?

I can't deny Family Guy's success.  Even if I'm not too fond of the later seasons, the earlier seasons of the show are still funny as hell.  I guess it just needed the right outlet to succeed and Adult Swim provided it.

His death threat tirade got him banned from this board, but he came back on an alt like... a year ago? 2 years ago? Then left or got banned when they found out who he was. I missed the whole death threat thing =(

32 minutes ago, Daos said:

His death threat tirade got him banned from this board, but he came back on an alt like... a year ago? 2 years ago? Then left or got banned when they found out who he was. I missed the whole death threat thing =(

Okay, so my memory is right.  Now that I think about it, I remember him having a meltdown when One Piece left Toonami, and I vaguely remember something about death threats.  Anything after that I have no idea.

On 9/20/2022 at 4:04 PM, EmpressAngel said:

Sometimes a post is so stupid it leaves a permanent imprint in your memory.

The real reason they nuked the old boards was to hide all the dumb shit we said 10-15 years ago.

At first losing the insane number of posts felt pretty bad but I'm glad a significant chunk of my insufferable, smug bullshit got wiped. What was I going to do with the posts? Look at myself being a complete asshole for years?

Lethal doses of cringe on UEMB, much less the prior iterations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I may have been on the ASMB for a few years, but I don't have a whole lot of memories from it. The biggest one is the Ben/Gman arguments that would go on for many pages at a time. I also remember John quite well, and in fact I thought a lot of his posts were more interesting than the Toonami ratings analysis. Since I rarely left the Toonami folder, I wasn't exposed to the clientele at large until the switch to NodeBB happened. Too bad that coincided with the political chaos of 2016, not to mention possibly the peak of Amy Schumer's career.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, naraku360 said:

At first losing the insane number of posts felt pretty bad but I'm glad a significant chunk of my insufferable, smug bullshit got wiped. What was I going to do with the posts? Look at myself being a complete asshole for years?

Lethal doses of cringe on UEMB, much less the prior iterations.

I've got enough insufferable BS on this forum. Judging by the fact that I got banned twice on the NodeBB forums, I'm guessing I was even worse there. Hey, at least I made sure to archive me and Poke's show reviews and other chat about content ratings.

[woah, 2,500th post? fitting...]

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Yeah, the 2016 election was a really poor time for the ASMB to undergo that overhaul. In a way, it's fitting they shut the boards down for good on Election Day/the day after.

Oh God, that was horrible. Every other post was about how great trump was. As publicized as the Cambridge Analytica Facebook scandal was, it's pretty clear the Russian trolls hit that board hard!

Edited by OwlChemist81