UnevenEdge

40 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Yes. I wear a mask when taking public transportation and whenever I'm feeling sick myself regardless of whether it's just a cold, flu, allergies, or medical recovery.

This is a huge leap from last year's commitment to always wearing a mask anytime in public for the rest of time that was popular with the covid cautious crowd here. 

• D'oh 1

53 minutes ago, NewBluntsworth said:

This is a huge leap from last year's commitment to always wearing a mask anytime in public for the rest of time that was popular with the covid cautious crowd here. 

There are no mask mandates here that loser assholes would whine and cry against. I've always worn a mask once it was allowed at work and wore it steadily for months after people were allowed to choose not to. I still wear one when feeling ill and there are a few people at work who still wear one every day. I am pro-mask and quite frankly would staple a mask across the face of the next coughing drip that crosses my path if that was allowed. If they can demand control of the bodies of others based on gender, I should be able to staple medical supplies across their gob. 

People are, however, masking up more and more around here. There is a definite uptick in people wearing masks every time they come into the store. There is also an uptick in people dragging their entire extended family of knobs through the store with at least half of them coughing like they've got whooping cough. :| 

• Thanks 1

i think i'm at the point where i'm going to change an old habit. used to make a notch on the old bedpost whenever i'd do the sex with someone new, but i quit adding notches to that post like 15 years ago. now i'm gonna notch it whenever i catch the rona. i'm up to 3 notches already. we'll see if i can achieve a higher score on this one than the other one...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

i think i'm at the point where i'm going to change an old habit. used to make a notch on the old bedpost whenever i'd do the sex with someone new, but i quit adding notches to that post like 15 years ago. now i'm gonna notch it whenever i catch the rona. i'm up to 3 notches already. we'll see if i can achieve a higher score on this one than the other one...

Snorting cocaine helps, but I’m not a doctor… I just say shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

Cocaine does NOT help with the sex… not even a little… it makes it all turtle heady and shit… as for the Rona? It definitely is 100% effective 

ok just checking. i've done all of these things enough times to have opinions, but never done all of them at the same time. i'll grind that achievement out and get back to you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Fauci is a flight risk, seize his passport and preserve records.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:30 PM, Ginguy said:

I'd suggest waiting to see what actually come of this. The affidavits are what really matters in this, the warrant and receipts are pretty bland actually.

• Haha 3
  • D'oh 1

5 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Fauci is a flight risk, seize his passport and preserve records.

If he shared love letters and private conversations with dictators while destroying and hiding classified documents and attempting to stay in power by force in a democracy, by all means show your work. 

Otherwise, shut it or I'll eat a salad and use the toilet on the plane as it flies over your state. 

• Thanks 2

Friday is the LAST DAY to get free covid tests.

https://www.covid.gov/tests

Each household is eligible for up to 3 separate orders.  So even if you have ordered them before, and have a few still lying around, you can get a 3rd order for free.  After Friday its up to you to place your own order.

I just put in my 3rd order so that I have a good stockpile of tests for the coming fall and winder surges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It’s nice to have the tests, but since this is just BAU in our society… don’t we just need to go to the doctors if we have symptoms that could be worse than normal? Just like the flu? I don’t take a at home test for the flu… if my fever is bad, or my symptoms persist longer than they should I go to the doctor.

it’s not like people can take off work for Covid anymore…. Or if they could ever, thinking of service industry. 

Idk… they aren’t effective anyways at this point.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

It’s nice to have the tests, but since this is just BAU in our society… don’t we just need to go to the doctors if we have symptoms that could be worse than normal? Just like the flu? I don’t take a at home test for the flu… if my fever is bad, or my symptoms persist longer than they should I go to the doctor.

it’s not like people can take off work for Covid anymore…. Or if they could ever, thinking of service industry. 

Idk… they aren’t effective anyways at this point.

I think they still are effective for those with personal responsibility.

Before I go to a large event or see a bunch of friends in an enclosed space I test. If I was exposed then I test. Going to meet some people who are older or immunodeficiency, I test.  Its all about being responsible.  I dont want to be the person who is a walking petri dish of covid going to Broncos games. Will I personally stop the virus? No, its here forever. But if I can not spread it myself then I will consider that a small victory.

Im also in a good spot where if I am sick or exposed I can just work from home.  Its just routine with my company now. If you are sick or exposed, work from home that week.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I think they still are effective for those with personal responsibility.

Before I go to a large event or see a bunch of friends in an enclosed space I test. If I was exposed then I test. Going to meet some people who are older or immunodeficiency, I test.  Its all about being responsible.  I dont want to be the person who is a walking petri dish of covid going to Broncos games. Will I personally stop the virus? No, its here forever. But if I can not spread it myself then I will consider that a small victory.

Im also in a good spot where if I am sick or exposed I can just work from home.  Its just routine with my company now. If you are sick or exposed, work from home that week.

Wear a mask. That’s what I do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

I’ve apparently reached my quota. There shouldn’t be a limit at this point, we know they’re just going to fill a landfill otherwise.

Seems pretty dumb honestly.  We already paid for these, we should be sending them out.  If someone wants to have them then let them have them. What good do they do going to a landfill?

I get that not everyone wants to have these tests, but for those of us who do, whats the harm in sending them out until we empty the warehouse?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Seems pretty dumb honestly.  We already paid for these, we should be sending them out.  If someone wants to have them then let them have them. What good do they do going to a landfill?

I get that not everyone wants to have these tests, but for those of us who do, whats the harm in sending them out until we empty the warehouse?

Because we never do what makes sense. Like this monkey pox shit need not have happened at all.  We let stock piles of small pox vaccines go bad instead of sending them to parts of the world that suffers actual outbreaks but you know, the powers that be don’t understand how stopping a virus somewhere far away can eventually help us here. In short we suck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was sent 8 tests recently. As a single, I'm currently good at the amount I have in the medicine cabinet. 

I am taking 2 tests with me to Atlanta as a general precaution. I'd rather have them and not need them. This way if my systems start to cascade, I'm 20 minutes from being able to strike covid from the list of reasons and if there's someone who thinks they might like to have one on hand, I'll have a spare. 

well.

fuck. 

the whole house has it. 

as does my daughter and gran. 

different avenues on where /how we got it, but pretty sure didn't pass it to each other. 

we held out as long as possible. 

i have no symptoms. the boy has some congestion. the gran is super congested,  mid says eveything taste horrible. my daughter can't cough too hard, feels like her skull is crushing it. 

funny the other day i was talking to a woman (me masked her not) and she said she was immune def. and already had covid 3 x. i asked about getting vaxxed, and she state 'oh fuck no'. so...there's still that. 

for anyone else that was a 'late bloomer'.

Edited by discolé monade
fixing typos
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

well.

fuck. 

the whole house has it. 

as does my daughter and gran. 

different avenues on where /how we got it, but pretty sure didn't pass it to each other. 

we held out as long as possible. 

i have no symptoms. the boy has some congestion. the gran is super congested,  mid says eveything taste horrible. my daughter can't cough too hard, feels like her skull is crushing it. 

funny the other day i was talking to a woman (me masked her not) and she said she was immune def. and already had covid 3 x. i asked about getting vaxxed, and she state 'oh fuck no'. so...there's still that. 

for anyone else that was a 'late bloomer'.

I hope you all get better soon.  I still haven’t gotten it and I know it’s just a matter of time until I do.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went to Dragon Con. Wore a mask when indoors except when eating / drinking as requested. Fully vaccinated. Kept distance whenever possible. Elbow bumps all around because no full contact please [ health issues ]. 

Volcano-fever at 3p in the airport on the way home. Barely got back to the apartment. Tested positive for covid this morning when not even the nyquil worked overnight. 

Can't even get comfortable enough to sleep. 

Ironically, the plushie germ that I picked up at the Con was the Omicron variant of Covid that had just come out. -.-; 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 8

Gov Hochul lifted the MTA mask mandates. People really weren’t wearing them anyway and as more vaccines and treatments become available, I’m fine with it.  I’m probably still going to wear one especially if I’m traveling during rush hour. Now that school is back in session the subways are gonna be gut to butt full of people. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Went to Dragon Con. Wore a mask when indoors except when eating / drinking as requested. Fully vaccinated. Kept distance whenever possible. Elbow bumps all around because full contact please [ health issues ]. 

Volcano-fever at 3p in the airport on the way home. Barely got back to the apartment. Tested positive for covid this morning when not even the nyquil worked overnight. 

Ironically, the plushie germ that I picked up at the Con was the Omicron variant of Covid that had just come out. -.-; 

Damn, feel better.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Went to Dragon Con. Wore a mask when indoors except when eating / drinking as requested. Fully vaccinated. Kept distance whenever possible. Elbow bumps all around because no full contact please [ health issues ]. 

Get well soon 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I survived that Swine Flu pandemic that blitzed the planet back in like 2009. It knocked me out for a week but only took a bit over a week to get back to decent strength.

I'm still fighting the stupid covid crap. Negative test [which I finally got ] doesn't mean anything other than 'get back to work now'. Smell is still off-line, fevers / headaches / sweats still happen, extended attempts at anything end up with shaking kitten muscles, the coughing is getting on my nerves, and there's definite fluid in my lungs which is causing both my lungs and my heart to hurt. 

So tired of chicken soup. 

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

gf has covid, I tested negative but me and babby are sitting ducks 

we both got booster shots sun (her)/mon(me), so it's way too soon for them to have any benefit

My hermit-y friend who has avoided it until last week also just tested positive for it a few days after getting his first booster. It made me wonder if the booster "gave him covid" 

But he also said it seemed like half the people at his work had it, so not a real mystery just something I wonder about. Bc I've heard about vaxes and boosters laying people out for a few days with illness, I wonder if it causes a positive test result. 

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

I've still got a bit of a persistent cough, been a couple days since I tested myself. But more importantly, toddler quarantine ends after tomorrow and I am excited.

I've still got a slight cough over a month later but it's slowly dying away.

Just keep cough drops with you for a while and keep drinking more water than you usually do to ease the cough issues. 

• Like 1