UnevenEdge

I am not a handyman, nor am I an arborist.

GuyBeardmane

9 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

What I am, though, is a giant dumbass who tried cutting down a wet conifer bush with a corded chainsaw.

So the moral of the story is dont use chainsaws on wet shit? Sorry I've never used a chainsaw to get rid of trees. (Or ever) My neighbors might've moved because they saw me use a katana and similar looking weapons in the same fassion.. This is not a flex. :|

What happened to your chainsaw because I'm definitly not spending failing american economy amounts on a chainsaw or normal equipment people use to deal with trees unless I know I'm not fucking that shit up too... 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
The dude did offer me a hand saw one time..Tried to be thankful..

16 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I always forget corded chainsaws even exist until I see one (or in this case, someone mentions one) and it just seems like a silly thing to have a cord on......but nowhere near as dumb as the corded lawn mower

Just quoting this because I am interested. I work closely with tree trimmers and fucking tree executioners just because of my field. The dudes here often saw down trees that fall onto peoples (their customers) aerial cablle/network lines...They be like "Soddy soddy... Now you have to do dat again wow my bad"..Then they have break time, and just watch me fix their mess half the jobs I'm on.....Don't get me wrong I've had a lot of tree chopping connects come at me. There's good crews out there.. Here and a lot of places though only espanol will be involved if you want to speak to their workers. 🙄

So electrical short really? I doubt I'd buy a corded chainsaw...but lol hold on there cheaper right, here's a 100 foot constructruction extension cord we throw in... Naw. I'll leave the chainsaws to the dudes THAT TRy to get me drunk at their humble abodes when I install a bad ass line in their trailers/ bottom shelf apartments. 🙏

Stories for days there... The worker were asking me about me equipment, a lot I purchase myself you know...I like 'em.l and I'm sorry 

Viva la Mexico.

Spoiler

I mean I have met some cool as worker squards that are all like.. Those guys were scared people were like: "Get him our gear! Give him a beer!" I'm all like geez I'm just making sure the internet is going to be okay here bueno... SI I Will take Cervesa to go. Gracias! 🙃

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
main point fortgotten but he has a point/

1 hour ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

So the moral of the story is dont use chainsaws on wet shit? Sorry I've never used a chainsaw to get rid of trees. (Or ever)

I, too, have never used a chainsaw prior to today.  I have just found out that it's not unsafe to cut wet wood.  What I experienced, though, was that wet bushes cling like a motherfucker and all the little twigs and tiny fir leaves gum shit up and can make the chain skip, leading to getting the chain back on the saw correctly after getting all the kinks out of it.  I wound up looking like Swamp Thing.

Corded chainsaws are just assholes in any case, because you have to deal with the cord.  A wrong move and you cut it and then everything is dicked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

I, too, have never used a chainsaw prior to today.  I have just found out that it's not unsafe to cut wet wood.  What I experienced, though, was that wet bushes cling like a motherfucker and all the little twigs and tiny fir leaves gum shit up and can make the chain skip, leading to getting the chain back on the saw correctly after getting all the kinks out of it.  I wound up looking like Swamp Thing.

Corded chainsaws are just assholes in any case, because you have to deal with the cord.  A wrong move and you cut it and then everything is dicked.

\Noice. You cut your own cord though lol?

On 5/24/2022 at 10:08 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

i was cutting some limbs down with a corded chainsaw. and usually i am very careful about that stupid cord, 

but SOMEHOW i got the blade and cord in an altercation, and sparks went everythere. and i cut the extension cord.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i was cutting some limbs down with a corded chainsaw. and usually i am very careful about that stupid cord, 

but SOMEHOW i got the blade and cord in an altercation, and sparks went everythere. and i cut the extension cord.

I bought a Milwaukee chainsaw. So far it's been pretty awesome.