UnevenEdge

okay what is the appeal to Naruto that has kept America's Attention?

Because the main character isn't an asexual jellyfish, and the art work doesn't look cartoony.

actually Naruto does have some minor obliviousness towards women

he likes Sakura.....but if any other girl expresses an interest in him, he completely misses it

however, he IS capable of noticing (or rather making knee-jerk assumptions) that guys are expressing an attraction to him (when they aren't)

Basically Naruto is a male preffering Bisexual but he's super closeted and ends up marrying

Hinata

just to escape his gay thoughts

as far as I'm concerned

It's the same reason Big Bang Theory is on still on like five different channels for hours each night. Americans like mind numbing repetitive cliche crap. There is no great mystery, just an average bad taste in things.

Then why did One Piece flop?

Folks that have been around since it first aired on Toonami in the 2000's have stuck with it all these years and are committed to seeing it through. It also has the added benefit of not having a botched-up arrival like 4Piece being America's introduction to One Piece, and had a solid enough foundation to continue to pull followers in even with fillers. Bleach was similar in its following, except Bleach didn't play it safe and jumped the shark in canon too quickly. Naruto had very crappy moments as well, but was effective in reigning viewers in to have them look forward to what was going to happen next.

I guess Kishimoto has the benefit of the doubt that he actually ended the main storyline on a good note so those that know how it ended can look back fondly while those who are still anime-only are also hooked by knowing that it's coming closer and closer to coming to an end until the Boruto stuff starts happening.

i just feel like a majority of naruto characters either aren't that interesting or they are complete assholes....really there's nothing i can say about the most recently introduced characters they leave no impact on me and i have no reason to remember them

everything just boils down to "Dark Gritty Backstory where I'm Validated for my bullshit behavior"

i just feel like a majority of One Piece characters either aren't that interesting or they are one note jokes....really there's nothing i can say about the most recently introduced characters they leave no impact on me and i have no reason to remember them

everything just boils down to "One note joke that isn't funny."

i ask because months and months of Whiny Bitchy Emo Sasuke doesn't appeal to me and yet somehow people just eat that shit up

Because it doesn't try and kill you with useless filler

Plus the characters aren't annoying like one piece was with every characters

I mean when you compare one piece to Shippuden

All the guys in one piece act like​ jokes making it feel like a kids series

While Shippuden only has one aka Naruto  that's a pretty big difference in the liking of a series

One piece took 5 episodes to explain the story and fights

Naruto takes about 3 episodes to explain the point of the story and the battles are always fun to watch

Better to be a dick then a child

not really...when your a dick  you soon realize you have far more enemies than friends and nobody i mean nobody is running to help someone who is a complete asshole

but nooo the characters have their weak reasons for complete jerks that don't hold up that well most of the time

not really...when your a dick  you soon realize you have far more enemies than friends and nobody i mean nobody is running to help someone who is a complete asshole

but nooo the characters have their weak reasons for complete jerks that don't hold up that well most of the time

you just salty that OP is gone?

not really....i just cannot find any likable naruto characters  most of them are just dicks at this point or idiots

Lee is a muscle freak

Sai is an actual emo

Sakura is loner

Sasuke is a power/revenger

Naruto swings both ways

Orchimaru is the Michael Jackson of Naruto

at least there are heroes in one piece instead of slightly less evil douchebags on naruto which seems to be the case a lot of the time

it's not a case of being salty about OP leaving toonami and naruto staying but a case of people fighting for stupid reasons and villains being villains for even dumber reasons

at least there are heroes in one piece instead of slightly less evil douchebags on naruto which seems to be the case a lot of the time

it's not a case of being salty about OP leaving toonami and naruto staying but a case of people fighting for stupid reasons and villains being villains for even dumber reasons

The Straw Hats hate being called heroes as per Moose.  They're pirates first, last, and only.

The Straw Hats hate being called heroes as per Moose.  They're pirates first, last, and only.

the straw hats aren't exactly heroes, they're pirates, they do steal treasure from the places they travel to

they're just far far nicer and have a much more genuine sense of justice than the world government....who carpet bombs whole islands just because one person on that island knows something they don't want them to

Honestly, the reason Naruto is so popular is because teenagers love the hell out of brooding wangst, and Sasuke is the living physical embodiment of such.  Like I would wager a pretty fair guess that a decent chunk of the fanbase doesn't really give a shit about Naruto himself.

Honestly, the reason Naruto is so popular is because teenagers love the hell out of brooding wangst, and Sasuke is the living physical embodiment of such.  Like I would wager a pretty fair guess that a decent chunk of the fanbase doesn't really give a shit about Naruto himself.

Naruto is basically Gang Wars in anime form....

and everyone thinks they are better than the other gangs because "Screw You! Your different!"

not really a good message to live by

I'm starting to get annoyed with all the "One Piece is gone! Toonami is over!  Shippuden should have been cut!" bullshit.  Perhaps it's because I get annoyed easily, but it seems like that's all the discussion has been about the past week.  One Piece wasn't cutting it in ratings, and now it's gone from Toonami. Tokyo Ghoul might not be the best replacement for it, but it's what we got, and at the very least should make for a good hate watch.  One Piece is still being streamed online, and it can still be watched.  One Piece is leaving Toonami after tonight.  Get over it, and move on.

Shippuden...well yeah, it isn't very good.  And it's gonna get worse

one Naruto defeats pain and the clusterfuck after that.

But it WAS good at one point, back when Sasuke was still a leaf ninja and Tsunade just became the Hokage.  At this point, the only reason I still follow Shippuden is to finish the series.  And I honestly think that's why a lot of other people are following it, too.

I'm just ticked off because sooner than later We're gonna be down to DB Super as our only long runner and that's gonna suck

the others aren't protected or guaranteed to be super successful in the not too distant future....Jojo's pressumed to take a break once The Joseph Joestar Saga Ends

Naruto is gonna be in the crap time slot that one piece was in....so expect it to meet the same fate

and HXH will wrap up if toonami is still around in like 2 or 3 years....which is expecting a lot from a show