UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss, Episode 13 (1-hour finale!)

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

I'm not sure what's up with this ending montage, but Nanachi has joined the party!

I think this was explained near the beginning of the series, but the cave raiders send up balloons with notes in them to let the people on the surface know that they're okay.

• Thanks 1

Just now, rpgamer said:

Ah. Damn. Another one of these. Promised Neverland all over again. "Anime's over, we're out of episodes, wrap it up in the credits." Shame.

Well it's a good thing the anime is getting a new season then.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Ah. Damn. Another one of these. Promised Neverland all over again. "Anime's over, we're out of episodes, wrap it up in the credits." Shame.

No, it's cliffhanger hell.  Thankfully a second season is on the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So this guy was tracking all the kids who got cursed, and now knows Mitty is dead.  Yeah, I don't think she wants to see you again, dude.

I noticed there were a handful of other lights that went out too.  I wonder how those other ones died?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

If you wanna know what happens to them after this, go ahead and watch the movie Dawn of The Deep Soul.

There's a movie?  And it's a direct sequel to this?  I will have to check it out, then, at some point.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

More of a semi-cliffhanger.

I guess some of this stuff is resolved in the movie? Hopefully Toonami gets to air it someday, but for now, we say Farewell to the Abyss!

On one hand, that didn't work out so well for us with Demon Slayer...

On the other, at least this one isn't super mega popular, so I guess maybe there's an outside chance the movie could be within reach.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

They're gonna need to find a way to air the movie now

How long is the movie?  They could have taken off one episode of One Piece next week and aired the movie, instead of bringing in... it's Lupin, again?  I like Lupin, but I would have preferred something new.  Anyway, they could've still aired Lupin the following week.  Though I have no idea how this show performed in ratings.

9 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

They're gonna need to find a way to air the movie now

Maybe Labor Day Weekend, and then premiere the 2nd season the week after that?

We can only hope!!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/made-in-abyss/episode-13/.122080

Grade: A+! This hour-long finale was truly sublime, and thank Goodness unlike Demon Slayer and Mob Psycho 100, this one looks like it WON'T be a "white whale" so Toonami can bring the rest of the story to U.S. Cable TV!

ON to a lone One Piece!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

Boy, does that ED get at me: revisiting the early layers of the abyss; even Marulk gets confirmation that their friends are okay; and Orth somehow has cherry blossoms, which represent a change of seasons and probably rebirth. Not to mention the tease afterward. Damn evil White Whistle. 😈

LATER, Made in Abyss... until July, at the latest. The movie is available on HIDIVE, but hopefully Toonami will be able to air it soon.

And on a more cynical note, no Lupin promo tonight? So we have another night without a goodie, unless they either already aired a music video or are going to cram one in One Piece's slot. Disappointing. Welp, nevermind. Here it is.

[lay down and take your rest]

Edited by Blatch
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rpgamer said:

On one hand, that didn't work out so well for us with Demon Slayer...

On the other, at least this one isn't super mega popular, so I guess maybe there's an outside chance the movie could be within reach.

Probably unlikely but I could still somewhat see S2 possibly airing once it less new.

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

How long is the movie?  They could have taken off one episode of One Piece next week and aired the movie, instead of bringing in... it's Lupin, again?  I like Lupin, but I would have preferred something new.  Anyway, they could've still aired Lupin the following week.  Though I have no idea how this show performed in ratings.

Looks like it's about 1 hour 50 minutes or so.

Maybe they still do it closer to S2 airing later rather than do it now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Looks like it's about 1 hour 50 minutes or so.

Maybe they still do it closer to S2 airing later rather than do it now?

Oh ok.  2 full hours. They'd have to take both One Piece episodes off and Naruto as well.  Or make a special night of it.  Yeah, could air it close to Season 2.  I'm not sure if I want to go ahead and watch the movie, or wait for Toonami.  It may be a long time, if ever, for Toonami to air the movie.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

"It is a light that destroys us and guides us all to death...but...it is so beautiful." - Axel Thurston (Eureka Seven)

It's funny you brought this up. Made In Abyss might be the first Toonami pick I've really gotten into since Eureka Seven. I mean, sure, there's been some good stuff since then. Space Dandy, FMA:B, Soul Eater, One Punch, a whole slew of others that I've really enjoyed. But. Eureka Seven was different. Shows like that grab hold of you. You get no warning except "Hold on, you're in for a wild ride."

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  2 full hours. They'd have to take both One Piece episodes off and Naruto as well.  Or make a special night of it.  Yeah, could air it close to Season 2.  I'm not sure if I want to go ahead and watch the movie, or wait for Toonami.  It may be a long time, if ever, for Toonami to air the movie.

Yeah, I hope so.

I remember it even got a bit of a theater run, though it was during the height of the pandemic so I probably wouldn't have gotten to go anyway even if I'd been through the whole show, so I still haven't seen it.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I hope so.

I remember it even got a bit of a theater run, though it was during the height of the pandemic so I probably wouldn't have gotten to go anyway even if I'd been through the whole show, so I still haven't seen it.

The Made in Abyss movie came out that recently?  Demon Slayer at least came out during a lull between covid surges.  Demon Slayer was the first movie I saw since the pandemic started.  When did the Made in Abyss movie come out?

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Removed what, exactly?

I may have responded to someone's complaints about the ending montage of Riko, Reg and Nanachi preparing to set out intercut with shots of the mail balloon making its way to the surface feeling like the montage of a rush through the rest of the plot of Promised Neverland Season 2 before reading him go "oh, my mistake", rendering my comment on the whole ordeal worthless, and because this site still won't allow you to delete your own posts I had to edit my response out.

• Like 1