UnevenEdge

Made in Abyss, Episode 10

Blatch

Just now, ben0119 said:

10 episodes and this bunny girl that has been here in the ED since the beginning and FINALLY shows up.

You're something to fear?  A Hollow?  Eh?  And how does she speak their language?!

Well there's a good reason for that!

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

that was one of the most intense scenes ive seen in anime in a long time and it was incredibly well done

At least they didn't show the arm cutting.  But too bad we found out that wasn't even necessary!

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

At least they didn't show the arm cutting.  But too bad we found out that wasn't even necessary!

i think they showed just the right amount of gore. Not excessive but they certainly conveyed her suffering. Pretty intense considering how mild it's been for 10 episode.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The credits said that Nanachi is Brittney Karbowski.

Yeah, that was my fault, it's definitely Karbowski, I mixed the two of them up while looking for some kind of image for her VA with previously voiced characters that actually showed some Toonami appearances and then picked Monica's.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Not sure.  It seems like some VAs only appear for certain studios.   Something to do with unions or something?  But sometimes they use aliases.

I actually just looked it up.

She was Jun Shiomi in Food Wars.

• Like 2

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/made-in-abyss/episode-10/.121142

Grade: A+! Attack on Titan's gore seems somewhat gratuitous at times, but this was not.

The worst peril yet for Riko, but has she just been saved, or has she fallen into even more trouble?

Why do Cave Raiders fear Hollows like Nanachi? Given the end credits, she(?) doesn't seem she's anything to fear...

1 hour ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Does Jujistsu Kaisen really not have a dub yet?

It does, they should show the dub trailer too, it makes no sense that they're only showing the sub trailer on TV. The theater showings are available in both.

Edited by DangerMouse

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

This is only a short time.

Poor Connie's mom has been Titanized for FOUR YEARS!

Oh you want a character to experience some long-term suffering? Just you f’n wait. There’s a situation in this series that makes Nina’s horrible fate seem pleasant.

Edited by Sketch
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Oooo okay yeah that's a pretty flat dub I kinda see why they went with the Japanese (also depends on what the metrics are behind how people watch it).

Not really feeling that but it is indeed mostly a heavy-ish somber trailer except toward the end of it. Maybe some of the lack of "fullness" to the sound could also be since it was taken from witter, which is usually pretty crappy in quality with video clips. They haven't uploaded a real high quality copy of the dubbed trailer.

Anyway though, I thought the dub for the first season was generally very good so I expect the dub for the movie to be very good too.

Edited by DangerMouse

On 3/20/2022 at 6:27 PM, DangerMouse said:

Not really feeling that but it is indeed mostly a heavy-ish somber trailer except toward the end of it. Maybe some of the lack of "fullness" to the sound could also be since it was taken from witter, which is usually pretty crappy in quality with video clips. They haven't uploaded a real high quality copy of the dubbed trailer.

Anyway though, I thought the dub for the first season was generally very good so I expect the dub for the movie to be very good too.

The dub of the movie is very good for the most part though Yuta’s voice at least takes a bit of time to get used to.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 1:35 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

Is this episode "TV-MA?"

...Where the hell have you been these past nine weeks?

On 3/20/2022 at 1:46 AM, MasqueradeOverture said:

Does Jujistsu Kaisen really not have a dub yet?

...Where the hell have you been these past one and a half years?

On 3/20/2022 at 1:49 AM, 3ngag3 said:

I'd say this is the worst thing to ever happen to a child character on Toonami since Nina in Brotherhood.

I dunno, the vampire eating that baby in Hellsing Ultimate 5 was pretty bad, even if it was relatively minor and the background music totally killed the mood.

On 3/20/2022 at 1:59 AM, 3ngag3 said:

Has Monica even been in a Sentai dub?

...Where the fuck have you been these past two or three decades!?

Knowledge: it's a gift and a curse.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

...Where the hell have you been these past nine weeks?

...Where the hell have you been these past one and a half years?

I dunno, the vampire eating that baby in Hellsing Ultimate 5 was pretty bad, even if it was relatively minor and the background music totally killed the mood.

...Where the fuck have you been these past two or three decades!?

Knowledge: it's a gift and a curse.

Uhh, I've been watching Made in Abyss on Toonami? I just didn't seem to notice the content rating bug at the top of the screen. I'll be SHOCKED if this episode got a TV-14, because that was BRUTAL!!

Edit: Just watched the first few seconds of the online stream, and saw it. That TV-MA was WELL earned!

Edited by OwlChemist81

On 3/22/2022 at 5:08 AM, Sketch said:

The dub of the movie is very good for the most part though Yuta’s voice at least takes a bit of time to get used to.

Nice!

Not sure I'll make it to the theater in time, finally got to see The Batman (which was awesome), but looking forward to seeing it at least on blu-ray.

Edited by DangerMouse