UnevenEdge

Give every single person older than eighteen years in the United States a million dollars.

Commander McBelch

29 minutes ago, Commander McBelch said:

So, you agree that government hand outs on borrowed money is a bad idea?

Govt handouts can be problematic, but giving everyone 18+ a million dollars would be economic suicide. Random numbers, but lets say there's 200 million people in the country that are 18+, real number is likely higher, don't care to google that up right now to find exact number. 200M times 1M equals 200 trillion dollars that would have to be printed, which would tank the value of the USD, to where one hundred bucks would probably be worth barely even a penny. Zimbabwe is the best example of what this causes, them having trillion dollar bills that aren't worth shit.

This topic always really annoys me cause I have two guys I work with that are old enough to know better, and should be smart enough to know that's fucking stupid, but whenever the topic of the room is the government and money, so very often I would see one or both bring up how "You literally print this shit out" and uses that as the basis for why they could and should give everyone 1Mil

19 minutes ago, DBAss said:

Govt handouts can be problematic, but giving everyone 18+ a million dollars would be economic suicide. Random numbers, but lets say there's 200 million people in the country that are 18+, real number is likely higher, don't care to google that up right now to find exact number. 200M times 1M equals 200 trillion dollars that would have to be printed, which would tank the value of the USD, to where one hundred bucks would probably be worth barely even a penny. Zimbabwe is the best example of what this causes, them having trillion dollar bills that aren't worth shit.

This topic always really annoys me cause I have two guys I work with that are old enough to know better, and should be smart enough to know that's fucking stupid, but whenever the topic of the room is the government and money, so very often I would see one or both bring up how "You literally print this shit out" and uses that as the basis for why they could and should give everyone 1Mil

It's easier than that.  If everyone over 18 has a million, initially what would be the motivation to work for those with the money?  So now you've got only 18 & younger who will work...but child labor laws prohibit some from working.  Now we're down to 15-18 year old's working, so you're running into shortages for food, clothes, durable goods, etc. and the prices climb like crazy.  Suddenly, that $1M isn't going as far as you thought and people need to go back to work.

Excuse me, I have to go wallpaper the walls...

hero-image.fill.size_1200x900.v161947838

inflation.jpg

Edited by tsar4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

It's easier than that.  If everyone over 18 has a million, initially what would be the motivation to work for those with the money?  So now you've got only 18 & younger who will work...but child labor laws prohibit some from working.  Now we're down to 15-18 year old's working, so you're running into shortages for food, clothes, durable goods, etc. and the prices climb like crazy.  Suddenly, that $1M isn't going as far as you thought and people need to go back to work.

hero-image.fill.size_1200x900.v161947838

inflation.jpg

Leonardo-Dicaprio-Cheers.jpg

14 hours ago, tsar4 said:

So you believe people should have to work shitty jobs to earn the right to live? That's very telling about your morals and values. People should WANT to work, not have to.

• D'oh 2

1 hour ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

So you believe people should have to work shitty jobs to earn the right to live? That's very telling about your morals and values. People should WANT to work, not have to.

🤣I did work that was literally shitty for about 40 years. And were I able, I'd still be doing it.

This coming from someone who wants to bomb Afghanistan from existence because they don't uphold contemporary Western values.

btw, you'd definitely be sent to a gulag under an authoritarian leftist regime, for being indolent and insane.

• Like 2

He's not saying that, but, at the same time, he's not exactly right either.  Giving people money does not remove the the impetus to work, but it does make low paying, unskilled jobs unattractive, and that has problems too.  The reality is that some people do need to occupy the unfulfilling jobs, like being a janitor, because they don't have the intelligence or physical ability to do something with more permanent and tangible results.  You give a man a million dollars, he's not going to want to haul trash bags around for 8 hours a day unless he's an exceptionally stupid man.  I mean, like single digit IQ kind of stupid.

• D'oh 1

6 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

Wut?  Where did you get that from what I wrote about a proposal to give everyone over 18 $1M?

You might want to check your furnace/hot water heater for leaking monoxide.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Wut?  Where did you get that from what I wrote about a proposal to give everyone over 18 $1M?

You might want to check your furnace/hot water heater for leaking monoxide.

What makes this so funny is that the proposal is HALF of the actual post, taken out of context, as usual.🙄