UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

Visited family this week. While driving through rural PA my husband joked, "How long do you think we'll drive before we see a Harris/Walz sign?" We didn't see a single one until we reached my family's house, where they had a Harris sign in their yard.

Anyways, next to my dad's singular Harris sign, our 80 year old neighbor put up two of her own - first, one for Trump with fake news on it. Second, a "Democrats for Harris" sign, apparently posted to annoy my dad but it's such a weird approach. He's the only Democrat for miles so no one is actually going to think he posted both signs, that makes no sense. It's just such a limp-dicked thing to do.

This is (one reason) why I don't do political signage - it invites the crazy in. I don't even want passive aggressive crazy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Insipid said:

In retrospect, VLR was kinda stupid. AI Somnium, especially the first game, is so much better, although I think Tokiko from the second game is the best character. She was what I feel Akane was intended to be.

VLR is usually more absurd than stupid. Zero Time Dilemma, though..... that one might be stupid.

I can't tell if Nirvana Initiative is better or worse than the first. I like the first more but NI might be as good or better. NI is tripping me out [recently] for irl reasons.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dusty Shackleford said:

The more I watch MST3K the I realize that I like the black and white movies way more than the movies in color. It just seems like the absolute worst movies are the ones in color. 

Part of the reason I like the black & white movies are because I saw them first on Saturday afternoons when I was a kid. Seeing them get riffed reminds me of being 10 or 11 and making fun of them with my friends. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mthor said:

Part of the reason I like the black & white movies are because I saw them first on Saturday afternoons when I was a kid. Seeing them get riffed reminds me of being 10 or 11 and making fun of them with my friends. 

Those movies have a certain charm to them being so bad it's good. I just can't say the same for crap like Sidehackers, Catalina Caper or Being From Another Planet. Hell Plan 9 was more fun to watch than most of the color movies.

• Like 2

Past Me: Ok, bluesky will take off so I gotta be prepared and make sure I have my writing together and posting regularly. I probably have some time before that happens so I can get used to-oh God, Muskrat fucked with Twitter again and now folks are mad-mad! *Looks at follower count going up quickly...and still going up* 

Oh shit. I have to be an actual professional now! :distraught:

• Like 2

I've decided not to watch Manos: The Hands of Fate on Halloween this year. I'm plan on watching it this weekend. The idea of doing Manos on Halloween night just felt too predictable and unexciting and Halloween drew closer and closer. I do have a very special movie I plan on watching on Halloween night this year and it's going to be a doozy. 

Edited by Dusty Shackleford
  • Like 2