UnevenEdge

i saw a coyote

Poof

Just did my 2 mile run and he was going the opposite direction. I think he was fighting something bc I heard some scary noises in the direction he came from and he was runnin real fast and distracted. He ran right past me he was so close but didnt even notice til he was right up on me then looked at me and changed course

That happens when I run late at night the aminals are used to running the show at that time. I saw a pack of 4 feral dogs in street ahead of me once. One spotted me and ruffed to alert the others and they ran away. That was actually scary bc they were pretty big all 4 couldve probably killed me if I couldnt climb up onto a car in time. One time I got chased by a random dog that may or may not be a stray. That was in akron tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poof said:

Just did my 2 mile run and he was going the opposite direction. I think he was fighting something bc I heard some scary noises in the direction he came from and he was runnin real fast and distracted. He ran right past me he was so close but didnt even notice til he was right up on me then looked at me and changed course

That happens when I run late at night the aminals are used to running the show at that time. I saw a pack of 4 feral dogs in street ahead of me once. One spotted me and ruffed to alert the others and they ran away. That was actually scary bc they were pretty big all 4 couldve probably killed me if I couldnt climb up onto a car in time. One time I got chased by a random dog that may or may not be a stray. That was in akron tho

Apparently you were scarier. 

1 hour ago, Poof said:

pretty common in my area there's seldom out so a person can see him but once in a while it's quite a treat to see them if you can

Edited by ghostrek

21 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Apparently you were scarier. 

I liked that they ran off just bc a random human was approaching. And not only since it meant I wasnt gonna die. But like they know they cant trust anyone if they wanna stay free. I like that

18 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

pretty common in my area there's seldom out so a person can see him but once in a while it's quite a treat to see them if you can

This isnt even the first time i posted about spotting coyotes. I spotted a few when I was taking a walk in michigan a couple years ago

8 hours ago, Skiles said:

Ooh, frightening. I know the feel. I didn't know Nebraska had coyotes until I walked from Lincoln to Omaha. I heard them awoo-ing and I was like, "I'm fixin' to die out here in the middle of nowhere." It was scary.

thats kinda really far to walk

8 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Meh, used to see wolves walking home at night in MS....I assume the will fuck with you if hungry but my own personal experience says if you don't fuck with them, they have no interest in humans.

I've only ever seen wolves in a zoo

8 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

coyotes are pretty much scavengers, so they're not dumb enough to take on a hooman. i've seen them pack up and take down calves, but they usually know their limits and avoid anything beyond that.

unless they're sick, then all bets are off.

I know I'm not worried about coyotes theres not many full grown adult coyote fatalities out there

It was unusual to see one here anyway. He was probably fighting a fat raccoon

4 hours ago, tsar4 said:

You should probably carry an aerosol animal deterrent.  Just be upwind if you use one.

I was thinking about that. For humans too but then I could tell cops its for coyotes wolves sasquatches dogmen and bears

7 minutes ago, Poof said:

I was thinking about that. For humans too but then I could tell cops its for coyotes wolves sasquatches dogmen and bears

Since you have 'yotes, you could also carry a bottle of "Doe in heat" to throw on humans.  That would make the coyotes chase them.  [insert evil laugh]

On 1/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, tsar4 said:

Since you have 'yotes, you could also carry a bottle of "Doe in heat" to throw on humans.  That would make the coyotes chase them.  [insert evil laugh]

Theres not many other humans out at the times I usually run. I like not dodging cars and the quiet peacefulness. I dont even listen to music which i always do when i workout indoors 

On 1/13/2021 at 2:55 AM, lupin_bebop said:

Well, I expect you to, knowing that you run late like that. Doesn’t surprise me. It would surprise me if said coyote was a drunk driving. 

Its always the same ppl who get up and go to work early. I can tell if someones out of place or going home late

40 minutes ago, lupin_bebop said:

.......Or hallucinating because coyotes totally don’t chase roadrunners. 

nuh uh he was real he didn't chase me. he tried to avoid me. I think he was running away from something himself really fast and distracted. Like he didn't even notice me til he was right up on me he looked at me like wtf and changed course to avoid me

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, Poof said:

nuh uh he was real he didn't chase me. he tried to avoid me. I think he was running away from something himself really fast and distracted. Like he didn't even notice me til he was right up on me he looked at me like wtf and changed course to avoid me

Maybe.......He was being hunted by a crazy farmer with a grudge?