UnevenEdge

i have qustion about sailor moon

ghostrek

12 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

why do dress like that ?

come on they in  figth heels  that has to be killer on there feet 

people that wear heels bitch about wearing them  

There is no pain in fashion when you fight for love and justice.

And I'mma need you to take a seat because your trekkie self got a lot of nerve talking about other shows/movies' outfits:

star-trek-the-next-generation-angel-one_

19dgf5ajmfc2pjpg.jpg

636392907148925535-ST-TWOK-Khan.jpg?widt

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

And I'mma need you to take a seat because your trekkie self got a lot of nerve talking about other shows/movies' outfits:

19dgf5ajmfc2pjpg.jpg

gene rodenberry was a pervert  but ponit taken 

9 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

19dgf5ajmfc2pjpg.jpg

I sometimes wonder why Star Trek still hasn't had any (positive or well written) gay characters considering how STUPIDLY GAY the guys in Star Trek dress

Edited by mochi

Moon and Mercury had boots, Jupiter had sports shoes, only Mars and Venus had heels. 

The boots had low heels and since I have a pair similar heel-wise, you can run in them if you have to. It's a solid heel and their boots are fitted so there wouldn't be any slipping movement. Plus, Moon had that 'Moon Kick' early on before she had access to actual distance weapons so still needed a solid shoe for that. For Mercury, the boots would be a sensible alternative to her usual school-issued shoes which were more like slip-ons. Since both were originally from the same school, it's possible that their transformation to basic boots was based on their initial school-issued outfits which would have been the same. 

Jupiter was always a tomboy, an athlete and a late transfer to the school so she kept the more grounding athletic shoe to compliment her electricity attacks and her ability to go head-to-head in a strength battle if necessary which would require as much foot tread on the ground as possible. 

Mars went to a private school which had heels as part of their uniform and she was a Shinto Priestess used to wearing geta while at the temple. She already had plenty of practice balancing and running in heels and her attacks were distance based from the start. The same can be said for Venus who was a transfer student used to fighting crime in Europe for a bit. She also started out immediately with more long distance attacks which don't require 'sensible' shoes, just shoes that she would be familiar with. 

As far as the whole Star Trek thing, honestly maybe the whole 'no positive or well-written gay characters' is because in that future time it wasn't a point of contention at all. Other than Kurt tongue-punching the mouth-holes of anything with obvious boobs, I don't think actual sexual orientation was considered something to scream loudly about. Humanity had moved on and all orientations were just that - part of the individual and no longer a reason for judgement / harassment by others. In other words, it might not be that it was omitted because 'icky' but because the series as set was set in a future where today's issues with nosey judgy idiots wouldn't have even been an active memory. 

The outfit choices...have you seen the types of clothing on old sci-fi pulp covers? :D Everyone in the 50's and 60's thought future clothing would be all bared chests and crotch-snuggies. :D:D:D And Ricardo Montalban would have found any excuse to show off his chest at that age anyway. He was damned proud of it and worked hard to keep himself that frickin' muscular at the age he was at when the movie was shot. 

• Like 3

You cant single Sailor Moon out like that. Almost all female heroes in general have highly unrealistic battle attire. They just recently let Wonder Woman wear pants and Amazonian armor. She was running around in highcut panties and briefs forever. Powergirl has her cleavage out for no reason at all. 

On 10/24/2020 at 5:28 AM, mochi said:

I sometimes wonder why Star Trek still hasn't had any (positive or well written) gay characters considering how STUPIDLY GAY the guys in Star Trek dress

It's the future, they obviously found the cure for gayness!