UnevenEdge

Sorry man, the Ice Cream machine isn't working...

tsar4

2 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

Ice cream machines have a self cleaning mode that cannot be interrupted.  It's easier to tell people that they're broken.

....In what way is it easier other than being fewer words.  Saying it's cleaning would at least make me feel like something important is happening instead of me just thinking "Why this bitch lying"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlackNoir said:

....In what way is it easier other than being fewer words.  Saying it's cleaning would at least make me feel like something important is happening instead of me just thinking "Why this bitch lying"

Once we told somebody at the bakery where I work that we were done baking for the day, and at that point, when we run out, we are out for the day. They demanded "well just make me one bialy"

We also mentioned the dough for our bagels and bialies are prepped the day before. They still didn't like our response. "I don't care! I just want one bialy!"

So yeah, I can imagine people throwing a fit over a self cleaning mode, and I can also see why it's easier to lie.

I mean, there are more reasonable people than my anecdote, but I'm talking about a small business where I have plenty of stories of horrible people. I imagine the rate of horrible people gets exponentially worse with fast food chains

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

Ice cream machines have a self cleaning mode that cannot be interrupted.  It's easier to tell people that they're broken.

I would think you'd launch that as soon as personnel get there, before actually opening the location.  What?  Does it take 24 hours to run & have to be performed daily?

7 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

I would think you'd launch that as soon as personnel get there, before actually opening the location.  What?  Does it take 24 hours to run & have to be performed daily?

https://www.mashed.com/135144/the-real-reason-mcdonalds-ice-cream-machines-always-seem-to-be-broken/#:~:text=The soft serve machines also,head start on closing up.

Turns out, the soft serve machines must go through a laborious cleaning cycle that can last hours. The process isn't simply wiping down the machine, but involves an 11-step process that includes using a sanitizer/warm water mix to clean seven removable parts. There are also two irremovable parts that must be scrubbed for at least 60 seconds, before the entire outside of the machine is wiped down with a sanitized towel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, helpme said:

https://www.mashed.com/135144/the-real-reason-mcdonalds-ice-cream-machines-always-seem-to-be-broken/#:~:text=The soft serve machines also,head start on closing up.

Turns out, the soft serve machines must go through a laborious cleaning cycle that can last hours. The process isn't simply wiping down the machine, but involves an 11-step process that includes using a sanitizer/warm water mix to clean seven removable parts. There are also two irremovable parts that must be scrubbed for at least 60 seconds, before the entire outside of the machine is wiped down with a sanitized towel. 

I figured it would take a while, having had to clean a "Slush Puppy" machine, but even those (circa 1975) had an automated setting where you poured in some proprietary cleaning solution and hit a button.  Exterior wipe down doesn't take that long. 

Just now, tsar4 said:

I figured it would take a while, having had to clean a "Slush Puppy" machine, but even those (circa 1975) had an automated setting where you poured in some proprietary cleaning solution and hit a button.  Exterior wipe down doesn't take that long. 

11 steps sounds like a pain 

16 hours ago, Bouvre said:

Once we told somebody at the bakery where I work that we were done baking for the day, and at that point, when we run out, we are out for the day. They demanded "well just make me one bialy"

We also mentioned the dough for our bagels and bialies are prepped the day before. They still didn't like our response. "I don't care! I just want one bialy!"

So yeah, I can imagine people throwing a fit over a self cleaning mode, and I can also see why it's easier to lie.

I mean, there are more reasonable people than my anecdote, but I'm talking about a small business where I have plenty of stories of horrible people. I imagine the rate of horrible people gets exponentially worse with fast food chains

My friend had to call the cops one time when he was working desk at holiday inn. He worked night shift so I would just go hang out with him in the lobby. 

Friend - Sorry all of our rooms are filled 

Guy - That's okay I have a "preferred membership" (flashes his card) 

Friend - Oh sorry I didn't know, who do you want me to kick out of their room; because we're full. 

Guy -  I have a preferred membership card, Do you know what that means! 

Friend - There's nothing I can do, we don't have any rooms. 

Guy then flips the fuck out starts throwing shit off the desk, breaks the monitor, knocks over the big coffee maker in the lobby. Friend tells me not to fight the guy and just let him go while he calls the cops. 

Really don't know what the hell happens to people's head at times like that. 

• Like 1