UnevenEdge

College Football 20XX

StarPanda

B1G: "Let's put rules in place so that our teams have to play a minimum number of games to be in the championship, so that everyone is careful with everything going on rn"

*Ohio State and Wisconsin don't play enough games, leading to a probably Indiana/Northwestern Big 10 Championship Game*

B1G: "wait no"

Finally, the ultimate FIRE GUS year, or the one where Auburn finally does it.

Also, Arkansas State hired Butch Jones, possibly putting back into play the early 10's tradition of Ark St having to hire another coach every year because the current one gets hired elsewhere.

27 2011 Hugh Freeze 1 12 10–2 .833
28 2011 David Gunn 1 1 0–1 .000
29 2012 Gus Malzahn 1 12 9–3 .750
30 2012 John Thompson 1 1 1–0 1.000
31 2013 Bryan Harsin 1 12 7–5 .583
32 2013 John Thompson 1 1 1–0 1.000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Quackers said:

no posts during the championship game??

I mean, Alabama won which is a thing we probably could've guessed.

Sometime in late Feb/early March we're gonna look up at ESPN2 or ESPNU and remember "Oh yeah, the FCS said their season was in the Spring this year."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, molarbear said:

Sooners possibly joining the SEC

Me seeing Oklahoma and Texas possibly wanting to join the SEC: Haha fuck yeah!!! Yes!! 

Me watching Arky have to play Oklahoma and Texas, in addition to LSU and Alabama, on a regular basis: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.

Edited by Seight

On 7/24/2021 at 7:28 AM, Seight said:

Me seeing Oklahoma and Texas possibly wanting to join the SEC: Haha fuck yeah!!! Yes!! 

Me watching Arky have to play Oklahoma and Texas, in addition to LSU and Alabama, on a regular basis: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.

SEC has sent the invite

I'm excited.  I feel like the Big XII has been treading water since the last conference shake up

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Seight said:

It's only week 2 and already we are in range for Kirk Herbstreit to have to say "If you look at each team's loss individually" in the middle of November

image.jpeg.90ae9c0b0aea37c50127f9cbdd98c89d.jpeg

Of course

Dude can't say anything bad about his Alma Mater

Gotta be honest though, did not expect Oregon to win that one

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Seight said:

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Crazy stupid games are not as fun if the team you like loses

THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Would you be referencing the Arkansas game?

I may be done with CFB after today... I don't think my body can take it anymore

Tuning into the Sooner game with a whopping 2 hours of sleep under my belt to see them fall behind 28-7 in the first Quarter,  by halftime I didn't really have a voice anymore

I don't care if they lose 110-0 to North Dakota St A&M Tech, they have to beat Texas

My Alma Mater (Northern Illinois U.) won on one of the strangest muffed FG attempts I've ever seen.  Cent. MI. is in position to win the game with just seconds on the clock and the FG would be a chip shot.  The snap is a turf burner, but should still be handled by the holder.  Instead, the ball goes through his hands and between his legs in full Bill Buckner mode.  NIU falls on the ball...BUT WAIT - there are flags everywhere and both penalties are on NIU.  But both occurred after the play was blown dead. Ball goes over to NIU and they win!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 8:12 PM, Seight said:

We are now at the "CUSA has to rescue Liberty AND New Mexico State in an effort to rescue its football league" stage of Texas/Oklahoma going to the SEC.

Has anyone gone after Boise St yet?

I thought they wanted to move into a tougher conference

4 hours ago, molarbear said:

Sooners are no longer undefeated....

I was actually proud of Baylor, until they called a timeout to kick a field goal with :03 seconds left

Recent AP poll has Bama jumping Cincinnati even though both won their games and Cincinnati is still undefeated

I told someone last week "Now you watch, they ranked Arky so the CFP Committee can go 'look how many teams Bama beat in the Top 25, the only team Cincy really beat is Notre Dame, who we will also put in the Playoff over Cincy"

Don't act like it's not coming.

16 hours ago, molarbear said:

Sooners are no longer undefeated....

I was actually proud of Baylor, until they called a timeout to kick a field goal with :03 seconds left

Recent AP poll has Bama jumping Cincinnati even though both won their games and Cincinnati is still undefeated

I had no idea margin of victory was an actual metric.

5 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I had no idea margin of victory was an actual metric.

It always has been, back in the BCS especially

I think the metric you're referring to is for the Big XII conference game only though, because they only have 10 teams it's possible for a 3-4 way tie in conference play and once the head to head factor is added and it's still tied then it goes to total points scored apparently

18 hours ago, Seight said:

I told someone last week "Now you watch, they ranked Arky so the CFP Committee can go 'look how many teams Bama beat in the Top 25, the only team Cincy really beat is Notre Dame, who we will also put in the Playoff over Cincy"

Don't act like it's not coming.

Could have been worse, could have been Michigan St getting the slap in the face of beating Michigan just to have the CFP rank them higher than them a week later

• Thanks 1