UnevenEdge

College Football 20XX

StarPanda

5 hours ago, molarbear said:

oh lord

nb4 non power 5 teams still don't make the playoffs

Not true, we'll get exactly at least one and we'll like it

Under the new system, the Playoff field be composed of the top six conference champions among the 10 active conferences, plus six wild-card teams, guaranteeing a spot for a Group of Five team. 

19 hours ago, Seight said:

Not true, we'll get exactly at least one and we'll like it

Under the new system, the Playoff field be composed of the top six conference champions among the 10 active conferences, plus six wild-card teams, guaranteeing a spot for a Group of Five team. 

I thought that was literally why the playoffs started?

3 hours ago, Seight said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/missouri-shies-away-from-bowl-matchup-against-arch-rival-cfb-insider-reports/

Huh, so apparently Missouri wanted nothing to do with possibly playing Kansas in a bowl.

DBZ was telling me about this

Did Mizzou get so caught up in SEC money they forgot they've been terrible since they left the Big XII?

Or is it more "This season was bad enough, we're not taking an L to Kansas in a bowl game"?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, molarbear said:

DBZ was telling me about this

Did Mizzou get so caught up in SEC money they forgot they've been terrible since they left the Big XII?

Or is it more "This season was bad enough, we're not taking an L to Kansas in a bowl game"?

It might be that, but also I think they didn't like each other anyway and Missouri leaving for the SEC only accelerated that.

See also, Texas-Texas A&M probably only playing each other again because they'll both be in the SEC and have to.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/football-playing-schools-in-asun-and-wac-considering-jumping-from-fcs-to-create-new-fbs-conference-per-report/

Me: Huh, neat, my alma mater is involved in this.

Also Me: We're so close to making other FBS schools *incredibly Patrick Star voice* LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! YOU LOOK AT IT!!!1!

First Security Field @ Estes Stadium - University of Central Arkansas  Athletics

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seight said:

We are gathered here today to remember Mike Leach, a man who thought "What if instead of running it all the time (Option offense) I just had my QB THROW IT FUCKING EVERYWHERE INSTEAD?"

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24866357/the-untold-1999-texas-oklahoma-story-mike-leach-fake-play-script

This is my favorite

To the man that gave us the Air Raid Offense....probably not on purpose

He probably got bored watching football one weekend and after being rejected by the officiating committee repeatedly to have the rules changed to allow a lateral pass that traverses space and time count as an 11 1/8 point play and said "Well fine... I'm just going to make as many fucking people as possible eligible receivers, on every play....from this point on."

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seight said:

EasyPost Hawai'i Bowl: Middle Tennessee 25, San Diego State 23

But perhaps most improbable of all ... Middle Tennessee finished with minus-66 yards rushing, the fewest by any team (win or lose) in a bowl game in FBS history. It is also the fewest yards by the winning team in any game (regular-season or bowl) over the past 25 seasons.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

You had to see it.  MTU intercepted the Aztecs on SDSU’s 25, then they proceeded to give up four straight sacks and ended up giving the Aztecs the ball back on downs on the Raider’s 45.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Seight said:

I promise I'm not saying this to be funny but I really did say "Oof" at the end of that last play.

Dude

I don't... in that moment my old 6th grade peewee team ran a better 2 min drill

sidelines, and now it's even first downs

either way you're suppose to have go to plays that you already know in the event the clock keeps moving

Whatever that shit was, you could have given a beached whale a football and it would have lost less yards by sitting there being beached and not knowing what a football is or having any understanding of the world of gravity and why it's now hemorrhaging under its own weight because it would have only drawn one delay of game penalty before time ran out

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Seight said:

This game has gone full send insane and I LOVE IT.

Edit: You know what, pretend I said this about both games.

I can’t be displeased with khaki dad getting rolled but damn that thing turned into a shootout quick.  Day looks like he just moved his brother-in-law’s dumbbells into the garage even when he’s winning.

Overall, not a banner day for the future home of the Trojans.

On 1/1/2023 at 4:07 PM, scoobdog said:

I can’t be displeased with khaki dad getting rolled but damn that thing turned into a shootout quick.  Day looks like he just moved his brother-in-law’s dumbbells into the garage even when he’s winning.

Overall, not a banner day for the future home of the Trojans.

Who btw lost today to GLORIOUS ANGYWAVE

Tulane Green Wave - Wikipedia

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2023 at 12:44 AM, molarbear said:

Not gonna lie

really wish it was Gary Patterson leading that team

Same, but I'll take Sonny Dykes, too. He's done an amazing job this season. He decided to come here instead of going to his alma mater and in-state rival, Texas Tech. Furthermore, he's a Mike Leach guy. How awesome would it be for someone who's part of the Pirate's coaching tree to win the National Championship literally within a month of his (Mike Leach's) death?

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Not really.  If we played defense, that game is a blow out.

Certainly. Then again, if y'all had played defense against Utah, you would've won that game and had been in the CFP, against either Georgia or Michigan.

Edited by hornedlizardman

2 hours ago, Seight said:

So I see now Michigan may have thrown the entire trajectory of things off when they beat Ohio State in the regular season.

(Keeping this normal size but dude I am so sorry)

It's fine. I had a feeling we weren't going to win. I just didn't expect to get blown out like we did. I mean only seven points? Good Lord!

4 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

Yeah, it was. But the fact we even made it as far as we did is a tremendous feat in and of itself. So I'm happy about that. I just wish we had made it more competitive. lol

People are already expecting The Cowboys to get killed by Tom Brady and the bucs next week...

what is it with texas football and shitting the bed?

8 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

People are already expecting The Cowboys to get killed by Tom Brady and the bucs next week...

what is it with texas football and shitting the bed?

I don't know, but my team, the Texans, are nowhere near where the Cowboys are at this point so I'll refrain from commenting at the moment. I'll just root for Dallas to beat Tampa Bay, mainly because I have family in Gladewater who are huge Cowboys fans.

Edited by hornedlizardman

5 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

I don't know, but my team, the Texans, are nowhere near where the Cowboys are at this point so I'll refrain from commenting at the moment. I'll just root for Dallas to beat Tampa Bay, mainly because I have family in Gladewater who are huge Cowboys fans.

every year the cowboys disappoint the state of texas and every year people wonder "how are they america's football team?"

29 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

every year the cowboys disappoint the state of texas and every year people wonder "how are they america's football team?"

I wish I could tell you, but I can say this about TCU, at least: Compared to where we were supposed to finish, we had a stellar year. I just hope we can do it again next year.

6 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

People using this game as proof that TCU Never Belonged in the title game because "Georgia Made Them Look Like Children"

I just hit 'em back with this: Georgia almost lost to Ohio State and we beat Michigan. Georgia woke the hell up and we ran into a buzz saw. But we most certainly deserved to be there.