UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online Alicization heading to Toonami January 18

Jman

Wow, I read this report like an hour and a half ago, but somehow you JUST BARELY beat me to the punch!

Guess I'll be rewatching SAO-A Season 1 over the next week and a half, which oddly enough is NOT on the app! Hope they change that soon for the benefit of those who would like a refresher...

6 hours ago, elfie said:

Today's the 8th.

........ so that's 10 days before it premieres.

Someone should keep track!!!!! >:

Keep track of how late they are making announcements?

So SAO is back already. I gotta say I enjoyed this upcoming arc and look forward to the dub.

Looks like they’re maintaining 9 premieres, so Toonami isn’t “killed” for certain individuals here.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Why do I have a funny feeling this time we're in for something REALLY over-the-top like Goblins raping human girls?

Thankfully no.

There's a whole lot of violence in this arc, tons of blood and some characters lose limbs but really no attempted rape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jman said:

IIRC, the author made a pledge in an interview to stop using rape and sexual assault in his stories.  Considering how bad the show has used those elements before, it’s welcome to hear.

I heard that before Alicization and we still got a rape scene months later.  I no longer trust him.

Wow, January 18th.  My birthday is on the 19th, but SAO will most likely air after midnight and it will technically be my birthday by then.  Demarco, how did you know? :)

Well, I guess this answers my question about whether Demarco would wait for the delayed fourth cour to finish airing, or just get these episodes as soon as possible.  Demarco wants them NOW!

latest?cb=20181029205906

And yeah, this means they have something to air in between the cours.  Maybe the GGO show?  It won't be a dub premiere though.  But I still haven't seen that dub.  But there's lots of other shows out there and Demarco will probably want more variety than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2020 at 4:02 PM, elfie said:

I heard that before Alicization and we still got a rape scene months later.  I no longer trust him.

Uhh, Reki made that statement after the episode aired in Japanese, which is why it would've happened "months later in Alicization" ...on Toonami, that is.  The books were already written and the anime adaptation under way when he said that.  So, any future stories won't have rape.  Reki said he was influenced by books he read in middle school that had rape in them.  He also said the anime seemed to heighten the impact of the scenes.  He even apologized to the voice actresses for Tiese and Ronye.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-12-11/reki-kawahara-apologizes-to-voice-actors-for-latest-sword-art-online-episode/.140635

13 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

No rape, but lots of super battle violence, and one episode in particular is especially disturbing.

Does it involve shoving a sword into someone's pussy, rendering them infertile, then scooping out their ovaries and sucking on them like hard boiled eggs in a victorious taunt?

If not, than it ain't disturbing.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Does it involve shoving a sword into someone's pussy, rendering them infertile, then scooping out their ovaries and sucking on them like hard boiled eggs in a victorious taunt?

Uh, no, but if you just made that up off the top of your head (or had it rolling around up there for a while) and didn't get it from somewhere, I'd say you have some issues.

Still...

Spoiler

In episode 4, we get a flashback to the villain's childhood, where he stabbed a little girl in the ear and she dies.  He did this "in an attempt to reach her soul."   Then, in present day, in the Underworld, he chokes a woman to death who tries to assassinate him, and puts her severed head in an ice block as an example to anyone else that would try to usurp him.  Oh, and he ate their souls somehow.  So he's Shang Tsung, apparently, too.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

If not then that's not the SAO I subscribed to.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Think a smaller bladed weapon and a different natural hole, and you're halfway there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Man. Ought to just take a moment now as, I'm assuming, Food Wars is bowing out, to say I've appreciated just how great the block has been lately. For all its faults, it really wasn't a terrible show.

A little disappointed to have this turd plopped in the middle of the block now. Not surprised.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

According to the schedule they posted for SAO's return week, Food Wars is actually continuing. I'm just annoyed they aren't saying it's continuing outright.

As per usual they don't feel any need to confirm if a show will continue into another season if it is doing so. Especially when it's not going on a break or even moving time slots. I suppose they don't have to but it is annoying that they don't give us even a clue if they will continue the series or not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/11/2020 at 1:43 AM, ben0119 said:

Uh, no, but if you just made that up off the top of your head (or had it rolling around up there for a while) and didn't get it from somewhere, I'd say you have some issues.

Still...

Reveal hidden contents

In episode 4, we get a flashback to the villain's childhood, where he stabbed a little girl in the ear and she dies.  He did this "in an attempt to reach her soul."   Then, in present day, in the Underworld, he chokes a woman to death who tries to assassinate him, and puts her severed head in an ice block as an example to anyone else that would try to usurp him.  Oh, and he ate their souls somehow.  So he's Shang Tsung, apparently, too.

Replace that with some pussy destruction and then we'll be talking.

Mmmmmmm... pussy destruction.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... ruining lives.

Yum.

13 hours ago, Sketch said:

As per usual they don't feel any need to confirm if a show will continue into another season if it is doing so. Especially when it's not going on a break or even moving time slots. I suppose they don't have to but it is annoying that they don't give us even a clue if they will continue the series or not.

"Yeah we could PROOOBABLY tell everyone that we're airing Food Wars beyond Season One.  but FUCK it right dough?!"