UnevenEdge

2019 Black Friday Deals

DragonSinger

My first job after high school back in 2012 was being a cart pusher at a walmart, my first day being thanksgiving, that being when retail stores began starting BF sales on thanksgiving, I remember them having us inside as well to help move pallets and shit around, I think the sales didn't begin until 8pm, and the very second they announced the sale began I could legit see at least a hundred people minimum just running through the doors and aisles like a stampede of animals, tearing at pallets of goods to grab whatever they could get their hands on.

The true American experience.

• Like 1

I have so much unopened shit in a box already, I'm really reluctant to add to it this year.  Unless someone suddenly licenses and releases Monster or Rakugo without warning, I'm going to try to restrain myself.  Any new Haikyuu or Natsume would also probably tempt me beyond resistance.

I need to start selling shit off or donating it to the library... :/:$

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

I have fun watching people stuff big ass TVs into their cars during the holidays.

I ordered online, they have most of the good deals up ahead of time now. =P

I will never deal with that swarm of humanity and there is no way a 65 incher would fit in an Elantra.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

I have so much unopened shit in a box already, I'm really reluctant to add to it this year.  Unless someone suddenly licenses and releases Monster or Rakugo without warning, I'm going to try to restrain myself.  Any new Haikyuu or Natsume would also probably tempt me beyond resistance.

I need to start selling shit off or donating it to the library... :/:$

That sounds smart. I just keep buying and drool over shelves inside of Ikea that I have no space for yet.

• Like 1

I wasn't planning on buying anything but didn't think about anime sales, got a few things in my cart and deciding if I want to pull the trigger.
Big O: The Complete Collection(Steelbook)
Gatchaman Collector's Edition
Petshop of Horrors (didn't know this got a bluray release)
The Return of Godzilla (1984)

total is $70.96 before tax

that's 150 episodes or so of bluray content, don't know these are the best deals these releases have got but seems pretty good regardless.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 2

I blew a ton on last year's Sentai sale, so didn't have many things left from them that I wanted, but there was just enough for me to get over the free shipping threshold to make an order. There's a few Aniplex titles I'm going to grab from Right Stuf, but I'm holding back to see if any Mega Deals come along to tempt me.

• Like 1

I couldn't help but take a peek, (just at the MegaDeal of the Day, riiiiight?) and remembered the other reason not to look: when I see what things I bought last year, or the year before, that I haven't opened yet, are selling for now, as opposed to what I paid for them then, my Scroogey little heart just shrivels with arrgghhhhh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

But how much was the girlfriend pillow?

$50 for the pillow. 

$20 for pillow case.... mistake I learned is never buy the cheap pillow case. These pillows get dirty faster then you'd think... the cheap pillows like this loose their color in the wash fast. 

19 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

I couldn't help but take a peek, (just at the MegaDeal of the Day, riiiiight?) and remembered the other reason not to look: when I see what things I bought last year, or the year before, that I haven't opened yet, are selling for now, as opposed to what I paid for them then, my Scroogey little heart just shrivels with arrgghhhhh.

😶 This is why I'm thankful I have such a poor memory that I can't recall what the heck I paid for most stuff anymore: cuz if it was otherwise like you said, my heart would have likely shriveled to the size of a raisin by now.

3 hours ago, Shiina said:

$50 for the pillow. 

$20 for pillow case.... mistake I learned is never buy the cheap pillow case. These pillows get dirty faster then you'd think... the cheap pillows like this loose their color in the wash fast. 

Bruh you got scammed on that pillow. Amazon's got 'em for like $25. And yeah, you should probably be suspicious of anyone charging less than $50 for a case. Anything under that and they're probably cutting corners on material or quality.

And oh, I am well aware of how fast those things get filthy. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@ DCO:  I expect price drops over time, so it wouldn't bother me if I had been watching them (opportunity costs and all that) instead of sitting on unopened boxes while they depreciated in front of my fucking eyes!!!  But the minute I say, "I'ma wait this time," for stuff I really do want, they either sell out, get released in a cheapo edition I don't want, or go out of print.

They're already testing me as I said, with the Natsume movie and Haikyuu!! 3 just out.  ::sigh::  Why will no one pick up Natsume Go and Roku?  I wonder if a few years from now Rightstuf or Discotek will finally license Rakugo?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Bruh you got scammed on that pillow. Amazon's got 'em for like $25. And yeah, you should probably be suspicious of anyone charging less than $50 for a case. Anything under that and they're probably cutting corners on material or quality.

My two newest bed pillows came from Amazon. Amazon is remarkably good at selling pillows

3 hours ago, Shiina said:

ANYWAYS PIRATING IS WRONG. 

Only reason I am doing this is cause AnalPlex company charges ridiculous prices for anime.   $80 dollars for season 1 and $160 for season 2. 

Do as you wish if you want the physical media, but here you're just paying someone else to pirate.

1 hour ago, Gina Szanboti said:

They're already testing me as I said, with the Natsume movie and Haikyuu!! 3 just out.  ::sigh::  Why will no one pick up Natsume Go and Roku?  I wonder if a few years from now Rightstuf or Discotek will finally license Rakugo?

I wonder how it will take for Discotek to release all of City Hunter. Definitely buying it. I would go see the new movie if it screens anywhere near me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

@ DCO:  I expect price drops over time, so it wouldn't bother me if I had been watching them (opportunity costs and all that) instead of sitting on unopened boxes while they depreciated in front of my fucking eyes!!!  But the minute I say, "I'ma wait this time," for stuff I really do want, they either sell out, get released in a cheapo edition I don't want, or go out of print.

*Cries bitterly over the Yuri on Ice limited edition sets being gone*

12 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

You had a 3some with the pillow didn't you??

On 11/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, SorceressPol said:

Alrighty. Narrowed down what I'll probably get to Ushio to Tora, maybe Tanaka-kun is always Listless, K(the first series), and 91 Days from Sentai and Rightstuf. What I can buy depends on me meeting a writing deadline, so I gotta get to work.

Had to add a week to my deadline but said fuck it and bought all four any way. Also got Bumblebee, Detective Pikachu, and Into the Spider-Verse.

• Like 3

That's my approach to the holiday shopping season now... Just get the pain over with as quickly as possible. Agonizing over whether to splurge or not, when you know you're too weak to resist and are eventually going to sucuumb anyway just makes it worse. I think I already spent about $200 in the last two days, and I haven't even placed an order with Right Stuf yet, which when I do tomorrow will probably be like another $200. 😥

• Like 2

Well, at least there weren't any interesting mega deals this week, so I didn't add any to the damage I just took, but I had to grab Persona 4 the Golden, season 3 of Wagnaria, and the complete Yuki Yuna set. Some Funi limited edition mega deals could get me to bite again, but that should get most of the pain out of the way for me.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 11:48 AM, SorceressPol said:

Had to add a week to my deadline but said fuck it and bought all four any way. Also got Bumblebee, Detective Pikachu, and Into the Spider-Verse.

Spiderverse is great, I got that as well. Also grabbed John Wick 3 and that new Shaft movie(forgot this was a thing, only saw a trailer once for it).

And fuck me, I ordered this.

71Gc4Yf76gL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1