UnevenEdge

This season of anime is probably the best season in several years.

Sandstone

Not just the sequels but Dororo and Promised Neverland have definitely delivered on some of the best anime content I've seen in the last 3 years at least. Even the sequels airing (and there are several high-quality sequels this season) are superior to many recent second seasons released lately. Mob Psycho 100 2 is actually better than the original imo. I'm sad that the manga will be covered fully after this season though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sandstone said:

Not just the sequels but Dororo and Promised Neverland have definitely delivered on some of the best anime content I've seen in the last 3 years at least. Even the sequels airing (and there are several high-quality sequels this season) are superior to many recent second seasons released lately. Mob Psycho 100 2 is actually better than the original imo. I'm sad that the manga will be covered fully after this season though.

until an anime with a gay male protagonist who isn't a rapist, and doesn't die or magically become straight later in the series shows up I still say it could be better >_>

Edited by mochi

I'm following the least number of series in years, but that aside, there are some excellent ones out now.  Agreed about Mob being awesome.  I'm also enjoying Morose Mononokean more this season than its first one.  Slime is still good.  Dororo and Neverland amaze each week.  Run With the Wind is racing to a great finish.  And yes, My Roommate is on My Lap, But Sometimes, on My Head (aka, My Roommate is a Cat) is one of my favorites.

One series I'd like to see get more love is Kemurikusa.  Kemono Friends turned stupid and boring this season from kicking out the director, but while this shares a lot of things with that, Kemurikusa is my go-to apocalypse story this season.  It's got all the warm, quirky good stuff that made Friends' first season so good, but is a bit darker all around.  If you liked KF's first season, check it out.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT WINTER 2019: W'z is an improvement on Hand Shakers in respect to both visuals and story (while still keeping with the GoHands aesthetic).

WHAT I HATE ABOUT WINTER 2019: The guy who reviewed Hand Shakers two years ago on ANN thinks W'z is every bit as bad, to the point where I doubt he even realizes his hateboner has taken control of his brain.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:33 PM, mochi said:

until an anime with a gay male protagonist who isn't a rapist, and doesn't die or magically become straight later in the series shows up I still say it could be better >_>

Bro there is more to anime than gay shit.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:33 PM, mochi said:

Oh dang, you'd hate Kinky Kunoichi, then.

Spoiler

I'm not sure what compelled me to do this, but I wrote Naokuu, the main MC, as having no romantic interests at all, as if he were asexual. It was more likely than not a characterization to make sure his actions didn't stray from the main plot, but after much thought, the idea of having a seemingly blank slate in regards to sexuality made me toy with the possibility that if it were a real anime and had a larger fanbase than its nonexistent one, he could be interpreted as gay and/or shipped with other guy characters - particularly the other MC Shin - without it feeling forced, unnatural, or non-canon. His living to the end of season one and actually hating rape and sexual assault (ironic, considering he has Puri-Puri Prisoner's English VA) would make him all the more appealing to you.

So naturally, it'd come as a shock come season two (still in pre-planning) when it turns out that he's actually straight and had two girlfriends in high school. That doesn't mean I intend on making him a homophobe though, so him being bi is still open for interpretation in the ethereal fans' minds. ;)

7 hours ago, Sandstone said:

Kaguya-sama has been great too. There are multiple AAA animes this season.

Next season is looking great too with Carol & Tuesday and Kimetsu no Yaiba. Maybe Sarazanmai. And the sequels to OPM and AoT depending on if that’s something promising. 

Edited by imchapp.in
  • Like 1

Just now, Sandstone said:

But you hate that Kirishima is not gay in the manga. I'm not trying to harp on you really, I'm just like I wish people could enjoy things instead of being overly critical sometimes.

nah I'm mostly okay with Kirishima being straight now

• Like 2

It would be nice to have more LGBT representation in anime, but I'm not a dirty moralist who is unable to enjoy any shows because of the lack of it. And yeah, I'm a straight white male (albeit bi-curious), but I've also seen other people of sexual minorities who don't go on and on about how little there is for them.

22 minutes ago, Blatch said:

It would be nice to have more LGBT representation in anime, but I'm not a dirty moralist who is unable to enjoy any shows because of the lack of it. And yeah, I'm a straight white male (albeit bi-curious), but I've also seen other people of sexual minorities who don't go on and on about how little there is for them.

if I couldn't enjoy shows without gay characters do you think I'd be watching Toonami every week?

Image result for raised eyebrow anime

just because I'm voicing criticism doesn't mean I hate something

I feel like a lot of people were saying that about Spring last year, but yeah it's pretty good.

Dororo is the highlight for me, reminds me of a classic action series crossed with something like Mushishi, I've pretty much come to expect this level of story telling from anything Tezuka wrote.

• Like 1