UnevenEdge

How do you eat your steak?

CutieQuesadilla

6 minutes ago, CutieQuesadilla said:

Lol, nabs. What are you doing?

Trying to have the conversation about eating beef that every scientist in the world is telling us we need to have to stave off climate cataclysm.Β 

Sorry to interrupt your...lively discussion about how brown you like your meat to be, but this shit is just a little more important.

Oh but right, denying climate change is only uncool when the Republicans do it.

4 minutes ago, Nabloom said:

Also no mention of volcanoes. GLOBAL FAKE SCIENCE CONSPIRACY?

- Boomer mindsetΒ 

So dismissive.Β  Bet you're one of those people that can't see beyond their nose.Β  Go ahead & turn everyone vegan or whatever, but that doesn't stop the underlying cause of why the rainforests are being stripped - money!Β  You think they'll stop doing it because there's no money in raising livestock?Β  They'll start planting crops that make money instead, continuing to change the local ecosystem & tilling the fields, releasing all the CO2 stored in the soil from the previous year.

1 hour ago, Nabloom said:

Eating meat isn't murder. Eating certain kinds of meat, such as beef and pork, is environmentally unsustainable and a driving force behind deforestation and catastrophic climate change.Β 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/10/huge-reduction-in-meat-eating-essential-to-avoid-climate-breakdown

But yeah it tastes good so fuck the world you got to grow up in right? Future gens will just have to learn to appreciate the great Amazon cattle ranch as every coastal area is swallowed by the seaΒ 

I'm ony going to steal your thunder here because too many vegans use this "environmentally unsustainable" aurguement as a fail safe in their attempts to proove their shit don't stink. (it does it smells like brussel sprouts). Animal agriculture only accounts for about 13-18% of humanΒ  greenhouse gas emission...

ALSO THE MEAT INDUSTRY IS NO WHERE NEAR THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEFORESTATION. Africa is loosing it's forests to the Palm oil industry.Β https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45146581Β Most people know the rain forests of Central America have lost acres do to the same way: Export crops like coffee, sugar..(and of course cocaine) No seriously drug lords and big time narco ops have felled a lot of trees over the years..http://www.cropcycle.org/2011/07/25/deforestation-in-central-america/

and ofcourse the USΒ fucked off most of it's forests long ago for most of those same reasons. I guess when it comes to Brazil..and the Amazon rainforest, which is the only rain forest most people are familiar with.. You got me there though nabs.. Cattle ranching by natives has contributed vastly and probably is the leading cause of deforestation there.

Well done.. Still in the u.s. logging operations hold such control over their timberΒ that that they arent only the leading cause of deforestation,Β Β they're also the leading cause of reforestation.Β :|:|

To sum this up if you feel badΒ about your impact on the environment.. just know your brands. Don;t support and help outsourced beef operationsΒ or hell.. Hunt your own meat, but don't become a freaking almond snorting vegan because you bought into a damn fad that says commercial meat farming is Satan.. The shit stinks.. plants flush out wastes into rivers damsΒ etc. I KNOW, but these are probably theΒ same corporations that packed your freaking veggie burgers, and oatmeal any way SO SHUT THE FUCK UP VEGANS. Or stopΒ  a. Driving cars. b. Living in houses. c. wearing clothes... and d. BEING A FUCKING CIVILIZED HUMAN BEING.Β https://www.triplepundit.com/2016/09/beef-industrys-ties-deforestation-wake-call-brands/

not you thou nabs. I already know you savage as fuck.Β 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

49 minutes ago, Hachiman said:

Medium rare. Also, never ever order country fried steak. Out of curiosity I had one when I was a teenager and it was meh.

It's delicious when cooked correctly. Unfortunately, it's probably the number one dish that I see constantly fucked up.

When it comes to steaks, I usually order them medium even though my preference is medium rare, but I don't want to go through the drama of sending food back because I can't eat meat accidentally cooked rare(with the exception of fish).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hachiman said:

Also, never ever order country fried steak. Out of curiosity I had one when I was a teenager and it was meh.

Oh god, absolutely agreed. One time I saw it on the menu, and I was like, "It's steak... but fried like chicken???? I gotta taste this!" When the plate arrived I think the layer of fried breading was thicker than the actual meat on that sheet of paper called a steak.

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Oh god, absolutely agreed. One time I saw it on the menu, and I was like, "It's steak... but fried like chicken???? I gotta taste this!" When the plate arrived I think the layer of fried breading was thicker than the actual meat on that sheet of paper called a steak.

dude I grew up on country fried steaks. but we called 'em chicken fried steaks :D

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Yeah I know. On paper that idea sounds absolutely genius, but in practice (at least where I had it) there was practically no steak in the chicken fried steak. Defeats the whole purpose.

yea if you get a "good" one it's nothing like that. it has meat on it. they've got to be done right

8 minutes ago, Kuroko said:

So people who have shit taste likes A1Β 

Β 

fucking elitist steak eaters, thinking their method is the best method.

wife likes hers blue at home but usually orders rare/med.rare when we go out. i take mine medium when i have the choice, but i'll eat it anywhere on the spectrum except for straight-up rare. we don't keep a1 in the house as a general rule, and will normally only season with salt and pepper unless it's a cheap cut that requires a little extra help.Β 

22 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

fucking elitist steak eaters, thinking their method is the best method.

wife likes hers blue at home but usually orders rare/med.rare when we go out. i take mine medium when i have the choice, but i'll eat it anywhere on the spectrum except for straight-up rare. we don't keep a1 in the house as a general rule, and will normally only season with salt and pepper unless it's a cheap cut that requires a little extra help.Β 

4" thick steak or rib eye garlic salt onlyΒ Β