UnevenEdge

a deaf girl wants to date me.

Mini_ghost420

9 minutes ago, Mini_Ghost said:

I haven't dated anyone in over 10 years and I don't know sign language. but I don't don't actually talk much (ask anyone on the discord chat) so it might work

Is she 100% deaf or just hearing impaired?

One of my really close friend's has a twin brother that was hearing impaired and I dated one of his friends for awhile who had hearing aids. 

I didn't really have any problems communicating with her, I tend to mumble and had to try to not do that and it helped to look her directly in the face when speaking because she could read lips

The only big problem was arguments..... I could never tell if she was mad and giving me the silent treatment or just didn't hear me

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, molarbear said:

One of my really close friend's has a twin brother that was hearing impaired and I dated one of his friends for awhile who had hearing aids. 

I didn't really have any problems communicating with her, I tend to mumble and had to try to not do that and it helped to look her directly in the face when speaking because she could read lips

The only big problem was arguments..... I could never tell if she was mad and giving me the silent treatment or just didn't hear me

she's 100% deaf no sound in her world. when she wants to tell me something she types it on a tablet and shows me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molarbear said:

That's where you fucked up. When arguing with a deaf person, cover your mouth or turn your head. 

-1 for losing an argument with a deaf person. xD

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mini_Ghost said:

she's 100% deaf no sound in her world. when she wants to tell me something she types it on a tablet and shows me

Meh if you like her then take a shot at it

ASL isn't that difficult to learn and in the meantime since you don't talk much you could always just text each other

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, midnight said:

That's where you fucked up. When arguing with a deaf person, cover your mouth or turn your head. 

-1 for losing an argument with a deaf person. xD

Dude you have no idea

I'm not making fun of people with hearing problems but those things are like a straight up game genie when it comes to cheat codes

She'd get mad and straight up turn her hearing aids off sometimes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You have to talk, especially if she reads lips.  Word of warning though, I've known 2 deaf women (oddly, both redheads) and both were very sensitive about what others were doing or how they were acting.  One was in tears at a party because she could see others laughing and she immediately assumed they were laughing at her & her impairment (they weren't).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

You have to talk, especially if she reads lips.  Word of warning though, I've known 2 deaf women (oddly, both redheads) and both were very sensitive about what others were doing or how they were acting.  One was in tears at a party because she could see others laughing and she immediately assumed they were laughing at her & her impairment (they weren't).

she can read lips lol. and you're right. she seems to get sensitive about stuff like that