UnevenEdge

The Worst Thing About the New Season of SAO

PokeNirvash

27 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

When the grown adult nurse is salivating over a teenage boy that she's supposed to be monitoring, it's a fucking problem. It's not funny, it's just gross and uncomfortable.

I dunno, I thought the nurse feeling up Kirito's ass was pretty amusing, but that was mostly because the episode in which that happened premiered on Toonami the same night as the DBZ Kai episode where Master Roshi groped a nurse while visiting Goku in the hospital. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. :D

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

I dunno, I thought the nurse feeling up Kirito's ass was pretty amusing, but that was mostly because the episode in which that happened premiered on Toonami the same night as the DBZ Kai episode where Master Roshi groped a nurse while visiting Goku in the hospital. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. :D

You have an incredible memory

On 9/18/2018 at 1:38 PM, EmpressAngel said:

Have you ever actually spoken to a woman before? When the grown adult nurse is salivating over a teenage boy that she's supposed to be monitoring, it's a fuckign problem. It's not funny, it's just gross and uncomfortable.

Literally all those girls except for his virtual daughter and AIDS lesbian are romantically interested in him. It seems like a character trait that gets added by default whenever a new female character gets made.

"If we get married, you'd be the one to change your name!" Yeah, that's a sentence that a straight girl says to her female friend in an entirely platonic way.

Yes, plenty of times.  You know there's actually girls who their favorite anime is SAO.  One of my best friends has women jumping at him constantly and so easily, he says it's actually a hassle and kind of annoying.  It happens.  Uncomfortable to the insecure maybe... Or those with inferiority complexes.

Character trait?  Hmm, Asuna's mom wasn't a big fan of Kirito, lul.  And the women he fought.  And, those two guild leaders... pretty sure they were just pretending to be into Kirito to recruit him.

They could have been joking?  Either way, you have to admit the Mother's Rosario Arc was great and Yuuki was a great character.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 9:07 AM, naraku360 said:

Kirito was an elite, top level player before the game went public. That's not exactly compelling.

He still had struggles in the game, though, and what about how the game broke him as a person, etc?  It's always the superficial with these criticisms.  Yeah Kirito is great at the game, but on a mental and emotional state...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Yes, plenty of times.  You know there's actually girls who their favorite anime is SAO.  One of my best friends has women jumping at him constantly and so easily, he says it's actually a hassle and kind of annoying.  It happens.  Uncomfortable to the insecure maybe... Or those with inferiority complexes.

Character trait?  Hmm, Asuna's mom wasn't a big fan of Kirito, lul.  And the women he fought.  And, those two guild leaders... pretty sure they were just pretending to be into Kirito to recruit him.

They could have been joking?  Either way, you have to admit the Mother's Rosario Arc was great and Yuuki was a great character.

Oh yeah, DEFINITELY some of the best action in the series so far--especially that swordfight between Asuna and Yuuki!

tumblr_p425kk0Fdc1rvb8cmo3_250.giftumblr_p425kk0Fdc1rvb8cmo4_400.gif

• Thanks 2

Just now, Daos said:

Actually it is completely SAO's fault. The success of SAO has led to tons of Isekai harem anime with Kirito look alikes as the MC. These are all different MC's.another-world-smartphone-banner.jpg

death-march-to-the-parallel-world-rhapso

video-stellt-opening-song-von-master-of-

But they didn't have to copy it!  These are all just pretenders to the throne!  Also, there's tons of characters that look like Kirito now and not just from this type of show.

attack-on-titan-female-eren-1003442-1280

hataraku4.jpg

Okumura.Rin.full.651454.jpg

Rin from Blue Exorcist also looks like a knock-off of Yoshimori from Kekkaishi.

kekkaishi-30_la-bonne-personne-pour-kara

It's like nobody can come up with any other designs for their main characters!

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

He still had struggles in the game, though, and what about how the game broke him as a person, etc?  It's always the superficial with these criticisms.  Yeah Kirito is great at the game, but on a mental and emotional state...

The conflicts weren't very good. Like having to hide his level because beta testers are evil. 1. Nobody cares if you're a beta tester in reality, and 2. That's retarded. You're in a game that will kill you, why would you not want to have good players? Why would you actively get on the bad sides of good players?  Most conflicts in the Sword Art Online section are instigated by him hiding his level, but it's really stupid.

And Kirito is magically the best at every game he picks up. People should catch up to him seeing as they're trapped there for years, but he just keeps being infinitely better than everyone else.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Jman said:

I still haven’t forgiven SAO for thinking it gets to talk about AIDS.  That’s like when the Twilight movies tackled abortion.

yeah.....various things about Mother's Rosario's version of Aids were wrong

like that her mother somehow infected the entire family with aids in a few weeks after getting it

which is FUCKING IMPOSSSIBLE unless she forced to whole family to cut themselves then bled into their cuts

20 hours ago, ben0119 said:

But they didn't have to copy it!  These are all just pretenders to the throne!  Also, there's tons of characters that look like Kirito now and not just from this type of show.

attack-on-titan-female-eren-1003442-1280

hataraku4.jpg

Okumura.Rin.full.651454.jpg

Rin from Blue Exorcist also looks like a knock-off of Yoshimori from Kekkaishi.

kekkaishi-30_la-bonne-personne-pour-kara

It's like nobody can come up with any other designs for their main characters!

I would say the same was True of Tenchi

but there actually surprisingly aren't that many Harem Protagonists who look like him

image.png.68bdf14d56b40faa2baac8472395b605.png

first of all he's one of the only anime characters I've ever seen with a LITERALLY round head

7 hours ago, mochi said:

yeah.....various things about Mother's Rosario's version of Aids were wrong

like that her mother somehow infected the entire family with aids in a few weeks after getting it

which is FUCKING IMPOSSSIBLE unless she forced to whole family to cut themselves then bled into their cuts

Who the hell made that video??

7 hours ago, mochi said:

I would say the same was True of Tenchi

but there actually surprisingly aren't that many Harem Protagonists who look like him

image.png.68bdf14d56b40faa2baac8472395b605.png

first of all he's one of the only anime characters I've ever seen with a LITERALLY round head

Because Tenchi Muyo is like 25 years old or something and the default attractive male anime MC design has changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elfie said:

I'm gonna say it again.

The first time Mother's Rosario Arc aired, I thought it was the best thing SAO had thus far, and thought no one would ever criticize it.

... then the Toonami fandom happened.

I nearly quit right there.

Thanks a ton.

Mother's Rosario is still the best entry in the SAO series Elfie

it's just that a Polished turd is still a turd at the end of the day

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jman said:

You don’t make a power fantasy for nerd gameplayers for two seasons and then try to tackle something as serious as AIDS in the same damn way.  It is tasteless.

agree'd, that's like making a hypermacho power fantasy show where gay people don't exist then suddenly throwing in this right at the end

136294.jpg

and saying "SEE, we love the gays, they're our favorite, give us all the praise for how kind and generous we're being to the gays"

Edited by mochi

2 hours ago, Jman said:

You don’t make a power fantasy for nerd gameplayers for two seasons and then try to tackle something as serious as AIDS in the same damn way.  It is tasteless.

In a way it isn't that different. Remember, Season One had two disturbing raep scenes, and Season Two dealt with gun phobia.  Mother's Rosario just continued the show's insistence that it could portray serious subjects with care when in fact they were severely inept about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, elfie said:

I'm gonna say it again.

The first time Mother's Rosario Arc aired, I thought it was the best thing SAO had thus far, and thought no one would ever criticize it.

... then the Toonami fandom happened.

I nearly quit right there.

Thanks a ton.

Even the best ingredient in a shit sandwich is still in a shit sandwich.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, elfie said:

In a way it isn't that different. Remember, Season One had two disturbing raep scenes, and Season Two dealt with gun phobia.  Mother's Rosario just continued the show's insistence that it could portray serious subjects with care when in fact they were severely inept about it.

Plus we all know Kirito could have cured her aids with his dick.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Daos said:

... Skeleton Knight In Another World sounds like if China localized Overlord in a basterdized fashion and just changed its name into a lazy one.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 9:59 AM, naraku360 said:

The conflicts weren't very good. Like having to hide his level because beta testers are evil. 1. Nobody cares if you're a beta tester in reality, and 2. That's retarded. You're in a game that will kill you, why would you not want to have good players? Why would you actively get on the bad sides of good players?  Most conflicts in the Sword Art Online section are instigated by him hiding his level, but it's really stupid.

And Kirito is magically the best at every game he picks up. People should catch up to him seeing as they're trapped there for years, but he just keeps being infinitely better than everyone else.

Because people are always known to act logically in such situations and environments, right?  Also Kirito and many other players are just teenage kids.  That's not true either.  Go re-watch the show.  And If Kirito was so good why do so many people get killed on his watch?

Umm I've been gaming all my life and most games I get good at fairly quickly if I take the effort.  Of course I don't like all game types.  It's the the same with Kirito.  Kirito used a sword in the gun game, not like he was a gun god.  Yuuki beat him twice and would have had the DUAL WIELD SKILL if she was in SAO, because her reflexes are better than Kirito's.  Sinon fights Kirito to a draw and only because she chose to suicide the both of them.  From what I understand, she simply beats him in the books.  Kirito is apparently bad at the Augmented Reality game in Ordinal Scale, since he's not an actual athlete and is just good at being a badass in the game world.

I've got an IQ that surpasses genius level, great with science and history, speak multiple languages, write, draw, paint, sculpt, keep tropical fish, model miniatures, I'm into tech and electrical stuff, computers, videogames, love the outdoors, biking, fishing, hiking, but I'm bad at math and sports and I'm somewhat clumsy, socially inept, awkward around others, have anger issues, etc... so yeah I can kind of relate to Kirito.  But I forgot, being skilled and talented too far and at too many things makes me an uncompelling fictional character.  Mary Sue is really just shorthand for "competent character I don't like."  Look to Gen from Kekkaishi, Chio from Chio's School Road (just started this show and this one is frighteningly accurate :D ) for other Benime analogues. :P

Edited by ben0119

It's clear to me some people are just threatened by intelligent, skilled, and talented people.  I have high standards for myself which is why I keep pushing myself.  But I've always known this.  People have always been jealous and resentful of me because I didn't have to try as hard as them to achieve similar or better results, or was just generally smarter than they were or better than them at something.  Or because I had a better quality of life than them or owned something they didn't because I managed my money better and never get rid of anything that isn't crap or a double.  You see how resentful people are of the successful in this country.  They're seen as villains for making something of themselves and achieving the American dream.  It's sad.  Sorry, but we're not going to hold ourselves back just because our excellence makes you feel inferior.

Edited by ben0119

On 9/18/2018 at 12:09 AM, ben0119 said:

my friend that recommended SAO and JoJo to me

Your friend wants to give you cancer by suggesting cancer shows.

All things considered, not sure I could blame them.

I need to go punish my brain for opening this thread and reminding me of just how bad this show was.

The very idea of having both Jojo and SAO airing on Toonami at the same time makes me want to give up on tv altogether.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

Your friend wants to give you cancer by suggesting cancer shows.

All things considered, not sure I could blame them.

I need to go punish my brain for opening this thread and reminding me of just how bad this show was.

The very idea of having both Jojo and SAO airing on Toonami at the same time makes me want to give up on tv altogether.

9 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Because people are always known to act logically in such situations and environments, right?  Also Kirito and many other players are just teenage kids.  That's not true either.  Go re-watch the show.  And If Kirito was so good why do so many people get killed on his watch?

Umm I've been gaming all my life and most games I get good at fairly quickly if I take the effort.  Of course I don't like all game types.  It's the the same with Kirito.  Kirito used a sword in the gun game, not like he was a gun god.  Yuuki beat him twice and would have had the DUAL WIELD SKILL if she was in SAO, because her reflexes are better than Kirito's.  Sinon fights Kirito to a draw and only because she chose to suicide the both of them.  From what I understand, she simply beats him in the books.  Kirito is apparently bad at the Augmented Reality game in Ordinal Scale, since he's not an actual athlete and is just good at being a badass in the game world.

I've got an IQ that surpasses genius level, great with science and history, speak multiple languages, write, draw, paint, sculpt, keep tropical fish, model miniatures, I'm into tech and electrical stuff, computers, videogames, love the outdoors, biking, fishing, hiking, but I'm bad at math and sports and I'm somewhat clumsy, socially inept, awkward around others, have anger issues, etc... so yeah I can kind of relate to Kirito.  But I forgot, being skilled and talented too far and at too many things makes me an uncompelling fictional character.  Mary Sue is really just shorthand for "competent character I don't like."  Look to Gen from Kekkaishi, Chio from Chio's School Road (just started this show and this one is frighteningly accurate :D ) for other Benime analogues. :P

There's a difference between illogical behaviour from fear and being downright stupid. And people die on his watch.... literally because he won't reveal his level. That's the cause of the deaths, but it's a really dumb plot device which only exists to nerf his absurd power and force idiotic drama.

Exactly. Then why does everyone, with the exception of Asuna, fucking suck at the game 2 years later?

Dude, he hacks into the game within under a minute to prevent the AI kid from being deleted. That's not competent. It's retarded.

Edited by naraku360
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

It's clear to me some people are just threatened by intelligent, skilled, and talented people.  I have high standards for myself which is why I keep pushing myself.  But I've always known this.  People have always been jealous and resentful of me because I didn't have to try as hard as them to achieve similar or better results, or was just generally smarter than they were or better than them at something.  Or because I had a better quality of life than them or owned something they didn't because I managed my money better and never get rid of anything that isn't crap or a double.  You see how resentful people are of the successful in this country.  They're seen as villains for making something of themselves and achieving the American dream.  It's sad.  Sorry, but we're not going to hold ourselves back just because our excellence makes you feel inferior.

I like Liar Game, Kaiji, One Outs, and Alice in Borderlines (the best one, imo). I'm not threatened by smart characters. Kirito just isn't smart. He's below average intellect in a world of below below averages.

• Like 1

Also, about Kirito being bad at Ordinal Scale.. he becomes the number 1 ranked player... in like a day or two.

But trying to convince Ben that Kirito is a Mary Sue is like trying to convince him that Rey from the new Star Wars is a Mary Sue. He doesn't understand the difference between competent and unrealistically and inexplicably good at everything.

3 hours ago, Daos said:

Also, about Kirito being bad at Ordinal Scale.. he becomes the number 1 ranked player... in like a day or two.

But trying to convince Ben that Kirito is a Mary Sue is like trying to convince him that Rey from the new Star Wars is a Mary Sue. He doesn't understand the difference between competent and unrealistically and inexplicably good at everything.

If Kirito were competent and actually intelligent and capable of preventing the AI deletion in a matter of seconds, why did he wait 2+ years to hack into it in the first place? Why didn't he change more? Couldn't he have prevented everything by doing it from square 1, you know by re-enabling the logout feature? Preventing a complete termination manually by inserting code real time sounds a lot harder than changing one line of code from off to on, if not literally clicking an on/off switch.

It thoroughly negates any drama that came before from people dying at his fault - presuming you ignore how dumb the beta tester vitrol is in the first place.

Plus Kirito was kind of an asshole that selfishly hoarded his knowledge of the game instead of sharing his info with the playerbase, info that probably would have saved hundreds of lives. Especially at the beginning when no one knew anything about the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 11:44 AM, naraku360 said:

There's a difference between illogical behaviour from fear and being downright stupid. And people die on his watch.... literally because he won't reveal his level. That's the cause of the deaths, but it's a really dumb plot device which only exists to nerf his absurd power and force idiotic drama.

Exactly. Then why does everyone, with the exception of Asuna, fucking suck at the game 2 years later?

Dude, he hacks into the game within under a minute to prevent the AI kid from being deleted. That's not competent. It's retarded.

Then later on they get organized and there is a dedicate group to clearing the game.  People that aren't cut out for it just do their best to make a life in the game, since they don't know when or if they will ever come out.

Well that one guild was kind of too dumb to live, lol, going for the obvious treasure chest trap.

There are whole guilds that specialize in clearing the game that are skilled.  You clearly forgot large portions of the show.

Why, because you can't do it?

Edited by ben0119